1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Who saw?
    Of course any decent Rockets fan.

Meanwhile Franz' ranking disappointing. Should be #2 just after Alp. Long term prospect then.

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Kelly Iko is a pure amateur because of not realizing the fact so far.

It is amazing that those kind of people has a job with that kind of ignorance. Unbeliveable.

ilias likes this.
  3. cml750

cml750 Member

#8703 cml750, Nov 27, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just as a reminder, all of the loudest anti sengun guys on here were also very anti Jokic and insisted that he is overrated and would never win a championship (therefore sengun couldn’t either). Then he did, obviously, so the goalposts had to shift to “Okay well jokic had to be a top player of all time to overcome all the detriments of the archetype…”

slothy420, cml750, Easy and 2 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean Denver never really spent much......they got an old Iverson and Billups to show trying to keep Melo around.....that did not work....

You never had the idea that Denver was going the route other teams took to winning the champinship until Jokic and Murray but that is more their developmental teams' work than real GM effort.

Personally I do not like Denver's path either, it was waiting 20 years for Jokic or Melo.....and then surround them with decent but not great supporting cast.....

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

I see. Thanks.
    So the rationale is: "you can win with Jokic, but not with baby-Jokic, so we shouldn't draft baby-Jokic; we can only win with baby-Jordan and should draft baby-Jordan"?
    :):)

7. plegus

plegus Member

cml750 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to argue....without the older Generation there would be no Newer Generation that is so good.....who also enjoy the advancement in Sports tech and Recovery....

#8708 daywalker02, Nov 27, 2023
    cml750 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, drafted Dry Humper Nail Paint Jordan.....

cml750 likes this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

My post was deeper than that, like 30-years back deeper.

cml750 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Like Mike's game was deeper, I got you.

12. invocux

invocux Member

Sengun at Warriors would be nasty. He would get doubled, trippled but he would still find the open on the perimeter. Imagine Curry and Klay being wide open on the perimeter lol. Imagine the ball movement with him.

HardenReturns and clos4life like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Denver "waited" for Jokic. Nobody ever foresaw Jokic being the best player or he wouldn't be drafted in the second round. They just lucked out. But I give them props for recognizing Jokic's talent after just a year and built around him.

cml750, HardenReturns and NewAge like this.
  14. NewAge

NewAge Member

no, man… I was referring to the original "baby Jordan"…
    do you not get it or are trying to get me banned here?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They didn’t hesitate to build around Jokic either. They already had Nurkic who was at the time a better player and traded him to give the position to Jokic.

The Rockets actively tried NOT to give Sengun the starting role by going after Lopez.

cml750, Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

See the contrast:

They were actively trying to hold him down, scapegoating him, discouraging him.

See below what a coach who has a clue says and does.

Just to be fair to him was all it took to get him unleashed. The kid always deserved it.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Regarding the post above, the sad part is that some very relevant members of the Houston Rockets fanbase have been supportive of the way Silas/Stone treated our franchise player of the next ten years, and were ready to trade him for just about anyone.

It was always packaged as "I like him, he is gifted offensively, but you cannot have a decent defense with him on the court, so he is probably not worth the trouble"

Turns out, that wasn't true either.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why can't you trademark his G-Curls.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

On the bright side, I now look forward to every Rockets game.

Love watching Sengun's creativity, Jalen's scoring outbursts (when they happen), Jabari's steadily improving contribution, Tari's hustle, FVV's great chemistry with Alpi and his timely threes, Dillon's psycho act, Uncle Jeff's contribution off the bench.

Last year, even when we had a lead, once we would lose it, you kind of knew it was all downhill from there.

This year, it feels like we keep fighting back, and we never give up.

This team has heart.

The Silas/KPJ/Nix crew did not have heart.

Ime is the MVP - he already built a new culture.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, I said they had nobody being in no man's land purgatory......they had JR Smith, Wilson Chandler, Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried (Fournier, Gallo) at one point, not saying they were not any good back then.....but that is a far cry from what they have today.....so there was some waiting time.....

• I do not think they were tanking for high lotto picks either.....for a decade or more than half a decade.
    • So much irrelevant dross.

#8720 daywalker02, Nov 27, 2023