1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Don't quite understand why someone can really like a player without being a "Whomever Only Fan."

You want to be happy in life, there are plenty of "OnlyFans" out there for your needs. (None of which are my indulgences lest my wife somehow abscond my phone: "I left my phone at home, can I look up something......what's this?"

Plowman likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's not an assumption that's just facts. Sengun and Jabari aren't related they are in different drafts. Unless Stone came from the future there's no way you'd get a front court of Sengun and Mobley.

Cade, Green, Mobley and Sengun are all in the same draft class. First of all Cade isn't even an option if we got Cade that would take at minimum all our 4 picks in 2021 on top of future capital so yeah no Sengun. Secondly the reason we got Sengun is because we got Jalen Green as 2nd pick, if we used the 2nd pick on Mobley we'd be looking at either a forward or guard at the 18th if we even trade up at all. Remember we still had Christian Wood and Demarcus Cousins as the WOW factor at this time doesn't make sense to have 4 big men on the roster esp when you need to trade up 2 future frps to get Sengun, not to mention Garuba who was available in the late 20s.

Rockets would be building around CWood as the offensive center and Mobley as the defensive PF, I can certainly see a time line where that happens but that Def won't involve Sengun.

The main reason we got Sengun is as a hedge to possibly missing out on Mobley. If we picked Mobley then Stone would be hedging on missing out on Green.

#8502 roslolian, Nov 21, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  3. MystikArkitect

This team's issues are offensive. And replacing Jabari or Jalen with one of the worst offensive players in the league would make us worse. Also Mobley isn't a good perimeter defender which this team needs to cover for Sengun. Jabari is a much better fit with Sengun than Mobley.

4. Arkese

Arkese Member

man a baller, we should roll with this cat

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

he is good at boxing out and offensive rebounds. But he can’t dominate the rebounds as jokic by length or as sabonis as a combination of size and strength. Even guards can get boards from him if he is not moving and cannot jump much as a result. I think this will improve in time. So I agree he is good but I also think there is room for improvement.

as for stats he is 34th in the league in defensive rebounding and 20th in Oreb. You can see there as well, there is more room for improvement on defensive rebounding and his numbers are not impressive by any measure.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What if you add rebounds + box outs...different story. Both lead to your team getting the rebound. And he is second in the league in box outs.

cml750 likes this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He is good at boxing out. I am not sure what adding some stats would give us. He has more impact than his rank in drebs suggest, if that is what you are saying. I agree with that. I just point to certain rebounding situations, typically when the paint is crowded and players do not have established positions. He is not good in those, running shorter guards or other big men can take the rebound. That’s where I see possible improvement as he gets stronger and with experience.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

The more they dig their heels in the sweeter it is as their stance keeps getting more and more easy to ridicule.

9. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I genuinely feel bad for them at this point, they're totally missing out on something special and he's only going to get better lol

10. Arkese

Arkese Member

Sengun taking Jalens spot at the cookout

Uprising likes this.
  11. plegus

plegus Member

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

13. invocux

invocux Member

This is such a pointless tweet season isn't over

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Please don't tell them that. Lol

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Can't we just enjoy a man who is at the top of his craft at only 21 years of age?

How refreshing is that?

DD

Uprising and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I respect his assessment and I hope he's right. It can only benefit the Rockets. But Im going to hold my judgment until I see more

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

Sengun has been amazing so far and has exceeded all expectations.

@AroundTheWorld stuck his neck out about Sengun early, and has been proven right every step of the way so far.

It is awesome to watch him develop, and every day it becomes more and more clear that he is the future of this team.

cml750, AlperenSengun, kubli9 and 3 others like this.
  19. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

I've been noticing this and wondering why they aren't going to him even more. He needs to be touching the ball every offensive possession he is in the game IMO.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think it is only a matter of time that his touches go up, and then his stats will likely become even more monstrous, especially if it coincides with more free throws, a better free throw percentage, and more threes at a higher percentage.

Could eventually get to Jokic territory.

kubli9 and cml750 like this.