1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Caserio.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Sep 18, 2023.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

We have to stop this.

We heard all offseason how Reich, Caldwell, McCown to pair with Carolina who has regressed this year with him as QB was a much better situation than Houston.

Bryce has been bad.

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I think this is a Mahomes/Watson situation. Sometimes it just depends on where you land.

Honestly, I don't understand how we're a better team. We finished far worst than them last year. They have better defensive players. Coming into the season, the only thing that the Texans had that was considered better was the Oline.

As far as WRs:

2022:
    Robert Woods < Adam Thielen
    Nico Collins < DJ Chark

Draft:
    Tank Dell (3rd Round) < Jonathan Mingo (2nd Round)

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I would do ANYTHING Hannah mandates too!
    BTH

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

As everyone could see that NE magic was courtesy of #12. I think we're sitting pretty in terms of big picture, legacy thinking with CJ Stroud at the helm. Best thing to do would be to take a run at the whole damn thing while on his rookie contract.

6. conquistador#11

Make them give us their 1st rounder and a 3rd if they want BDN. Nick's contract isn't up until 2026.

joshuaao and Porkasaurus85 like this.
  7. raining threes

His footwork is terrible.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. Marshall Bryant

How long till he's available to back up Stroud?

raining threes likes this.
  9. raining threes

LOL

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Caserio we trust

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Everyone on the roster is a move/pick by Casserole

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tunsil?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

New Contractin off season by Casserole. Same as howard

Rudyc281 and Astrodome like this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

They can have him

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I sat 2 rows behind the Texans bench for yesterday's game, and got an up close and personal look at Hannah McNair. I am happily married, but good god she makes jeans and a blazer look nice. Seeing dumpy ass Cal next to her makes you realize there really are some people that are born 15 feet from home plate.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Caserio wouldn't go back to NE. He has a chance to build his OWN legacy. He has been thru the hard part in Houston, now it is time to reap the rewards of that hardship.

Fyreball and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

100%. He's got a great thing going here, especially now that he booted out Rasputin Easterby and has a fully functional relationship with DeMeco. The sun is finally shining on this franchise, and he has a chance to go down as the architect that designed this entire era. We have a franchise QB, a franchise defensive anchor, a franchise HC, multiple draft picks, and boat loads of cap space to maximize the next few years while CJ is still on his rookie deal.

Meanwhile, New England might be the least attractive situation in the entire league right now. They have little to no talent currently on the roster, a power void that will be felt for years in the wake of the Belichick Era finally coming to an end, and an owner and fanbase that might not have the patience to go through a proper rebuild.

Outside of family reasons, nostalgia, and maybe money (if Kraft is willing to money whip Caserio), this is really a no-brainer.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

I disagree. New England is likely going to have a top-2 pick, more (projected) cap space than the Texans, and either Belichick or a head coaching vacancy with a clean slate.

I don't know which positions will be open but I'm sure there are plenty worse than New England. Carolina would be awful; Washington would be worse. The Raiders fired their GM, right? That would be worse. The Giants would be worse (I'm just throwing out bad teams - I don't really know who will move on)

I am *NOT* suggesting New England would be a better spot than Houston. But, again - assuming they have a top 2 pick, they'd probably only be a year behind the Texans.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  19. Qan

Qan Member

If the QB they draft, Maye, pans out. Assuming Caleb goes 1.

Man can you believe the one year they really suck, they'll get a shot at a top QB coming out? Fck. It's like the damn Colts and their luck (they know how to tank).

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Marshall Bryant

Anything East of the Sabine , North of the Red River and West of the Rio Grande just won't do.