1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hesitating too much

Nook and JayGoogle like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Max idea came when he scored 40 a few times last season but it is a day dream now.....

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Precisely what Jabari would do.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He was getting to the rim tonight and finishing through contact, just didnt get calls. His defense got him benched.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone should have been on the hot seat for advocating for Kevin Porter alone ......but I guess Tilman liked him as well.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Which will be a ongoing story throughout the season......Alpe is the man and should get the fouls.....he is an established star now.

Alpe plays aggressively so no problem to me.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jalen has to impose himself on the game. Settles too much, is passive for too long, when he attacks and attacks often he's terrifying for the other team and he has to keep that mindset.

Honestly his biggest issue is that he fades into the team too much, becomes JAG.

It's not because he doesn't have the option, he just passes up opportunities.

Really not into kneejerking and forgetting the good games he has to just harp on the bad games he has, take it all into account. There is a really amazing scoring guard in there he just has to figure it out.

roslolian and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's been obvious since the start

Nook likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Udoka is doing the right type of coaching. Either jalen steps up, lights a fire and takes this personal or he’s who we fear he is and crumbles

Good squad

cml750, roslolian, NewAge and 2 others like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Definitely. It's all in him. He needs to learn how to assert his will on a team where he can't just hold on to the ball all the time. I think that's probably where he is getting confused to most.

Bo6 likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

When could we extend him for like 10 a year or so?

I'd rather buy low than sell low.

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

We don't play Harden ISO ball anymore, if you want to be an effective player on a winning team, you need to be able to be a complete ball player, not someone that is only effective if everything revolves around them, he has to learn to do other things and do them very well if he is going to start and we want to win games. Jabari has looked like garbage at times in a game this year, but he will step it up on intangibles, play smart defense, and just hustle. Jalen fading away as you described, just means hes got no motor and no will to hustle unless he is shooting the ball, which is a huge red flag. Jalen is taking the most or second most shots nearly every game, hes had a chance to start every game since being drafted, so if that is not opportunity then I don't know what is. If his shot isn't falling, then he needs to at least play defense and take care of the ball, his handles are pretty bad. He is a horrible free throw shooter for a guard, this just means he either doesn't have it or he isn't putting in the work. No excuse to be that bad of a FT shooter.

13. Nook

Nook Member

See - I don’t think his offense was fine. He hasn’t really been efficient in his career so far, and not this year either. He just has to be better offensively if he wants to play over 20-25 minutes in the league.

I am not saying he can’t be more efficient - and I am sure having a coach with expectations on him isn’t easy either.

It may not feel like it, but the season is young.

BigMaloe, apollo33 and cml750 like this.
  14. PatBev

PatBev Member

It warms my heart seeing this board turn a Jalen. I’ve been telling y’all for two years he ain’t it but would get attacked anytime I spoke against Jalen

Die a villain or live long enough to become the hero

15. csc177

csc177 Member

No he’s been asked to play real basketball now and he can’t. The AAU/ gleague ignite garbage is over - won’t get a second contract here - and I’ll be happy when this failed experiment is over

16. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

The weird thing is that he has no swagger. Like what happened to that? A guy like him should have one play a game that makes you lose your mind. He’s not only bad but he’s boring.

noppeper likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why would you be happy to see a Rocket not do well, though?

I mean, happiness when one said a Rockets play would be great, some didn't believe itt, he turns out great - one thing.

But a Rockets player struggling will never make me happy, even if I predicted it.

Team success above everything.

18. invocux

invocux Member

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is this guy serious? lol

harold bingo and GotGame15 like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

burlesk and GotGame15 like this.