1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You gotta stop with the personal insult stuff. It really weakens your ability to make your point. I know you’re smart enough to do that.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can't read can you? I literally said he deserved to get benched tonight. You know up to this game Green has played more minutes than Sengun? So obviously playing time wasn't an issue before this game. Ime seems to agree.

3. Nook

Nook Member

You aren’t going to get equal value if you trade him now.

He needs to play and as long as he works hard, he needs to be out there for this season.

He is 21-22 years old. He didn’t suddenly slow down and lose a step - something is going on. Either he is distracted, he is struggling with his confidence or the system.

4. fchowd0311

It's not my fault you misrepresented what I say. When did I say any evaluation from Ime was wrong? Please. He got benched TODAY. Ime should have benched him TODAY.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This was a rather horrible road trip......

BallSoHarden and HD729 like this.
  6. MadMax

He’s not a great player. He’s not a playmaker. He’s not a great defender. And he’s not an efficient scorer. All of that went down more tonite. I get you’re a big fan of his and that’s awesome. I hope he plays much better, because he plays for my team.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Meh - should have won one of them.

We lost all 3 but they were all close games and good experience for a young team.

Sengun played very well and I think Jabari did as well - so I think it was okay.

Deuce, i3artow i3aller, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For Green I mean, he established himself as an all round playing role player.

He is better at home but boi did he defer to Sengün and FVV.

9. fchowd0311

No he isn't a great player as of now. Could he be at 24? 23? Maybe after figuring out this system? His offensive game looks worse than last season which tells me this is him just not used to the new ways. Probably expending a lot more energy on defense, probably not used to having long stretches where he doesn't touch the ball which I think is effecting his handle.

He needs to figure out a lot of things now

10. TheBeastSystem

green for ivey

who says no

11. MadMax

Agreed. I don’t disagree with anything anything you just said at all.

But people’s jobs are on the line. Stone’s is big time. We don’t have forever to keep hoping to develop guys. They have jobs to keep and tickets to sell. And contracts pending. It was significant he was benched tonite. I don’t think he’s long for an Udoka coached team, but we’ll see. He’s extension eligible after THIS SEASON. We don’t have time to hope he figures it out.

Arnel likes this.
  12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen is not a good shooter. People are saying he needs to be a more efficient shooter…he is not a good shooter. Also, he played well the last two years because he was playing ISO BALL but you can clearly see in playing A TEAM BASKETBALL SYSTEM he looks confuse. He only shoot 3 pointers and drive to the basket. We need to trade him at the deadline….I WOULD NOT GIVE THE MAX AFTER THIS SEASON. We have Sengun, Jabari and Amen to be our top young players for the future….we need to move on

GotGame15, Richie_Rich and MadMax like this.
  13. MadMax

Detroit would say no, I think.

14. MadMax

If they give him a max just move it back to San Diego and trade me lol

15. Felece

Felece Member

Green for Caruso - when bulls also get rid of Lavine

NewAge likes this.
  16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would trade Cam Thomas for him

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I don't think it's that doom and gloom. He had sloppy rotations and bad defense tonight and got benched.

His offense was fine. He was finishing at the rim and thru contact. His long ball felt awful but really he had 2 heaves so was technically 2of7.

His defense was bad, got benched. Thinking about it, pretty sure the and-1 foul on curry's 3 to end the quartwe was the nail in the coffin for being benched.

#777 BigMaloe, Nov 21, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He will likely start lighting it up at the end of the season when nothing matters and then he will suck again to begin the next season. Whatever workout he does during the summer doesnt work.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. PlatoJoe

PlatoJoe Member

Why are people talking about giving the max? What team in the NBA would do that?

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably just went with the hotter hand and Green was not getting to the line way Udoka envisioned.