1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, fair enough, go the lolcow path, I'll go back to laughing at you.

2. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

I picked Houston to score the most points today in my Puck EM league. I’m surprised it was only 21.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok sport. You keep telling yourself whatever you have to do to cope

4. solid

solid Member

Did CJ say "that's what makes me great" in the presser or did I misunderstand. I pictured him as a more humble guy. Let other people say that about you. May have misunderstood.

5. Jay713

Jay713 Member

No shame in being confident, we know he's not a "me" guy like a lot of other players. I like it.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well during those times the running game was not working at all throughout the entire game. Singletary has run for over 100 plus yards in back to back games now. We won so whatever...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

The Texans will always let you down. you hitched your wagon to the wrong horse sir

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

“At the end of the day…if you don’t trust and believe in me…all I can tell you is, ‘watch this.’” - CJ Stroud

ROCKSS, cbass and Fulgore like this.
  9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Honestly, they were getting wins, but it didn’t feel like exciting wins and Lawrence had been looking pretty pedestrian, plus we already beat them, so I was pumped for next week. But after today, Lawrence has his best game, Stroud has his worst, definitely brought me down a peg on next week..

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Have faith. We got them.
    Stroud will learn from his mistakes and we have the Jags number historically

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

now the 21st pick with minnesota losing

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Texans and Fans are more Excited the Panthers Owner Selecting the QB instead of the Front Office and Scouts

Salvy likes this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Granted it's 2 games but I am seeing a disturbing trend of stroud throwing ints at crucial time. It's not that he forced the 3rd int or the int he had last week at the end, it's more the defender jumping the route which leads to believe that league might be catching on to him and his cadences. It will be up to him and his coaches to figure out how to give counter looks, maybe some pass fakes ?

clos4life and IBTL like this.
  14. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Definitely a BAD thing to me!
    It's good to have confidence in yourself but if you make mistakes at crucial times, especially late in games you should own up to it.
    What's that saying......."WE" when we win" and "I" when we lose"?
    Well they didn't lose but that's only because the defense bailed them out.
    Wonder what he would have said if they had lost?

Anyway he's young and I HOPE Demeco will point this out to him!

15. Marshall Bryant

This is essentially -4 on a neutral field. I'd like a few dominating performances down the stretch. We seem to do better against better competition just like the Astros have done.

16. cbass

cbass Member

Overreaction to a QB being confident in himself — which is a good thing.

Relax

cmoak1982 and IBTL like this.
  17. Marshall Bryant

One problem I have is that I do not trust experts for the most part. Ever heard of Educated Idiots? I've found it to be the rule, rather than the exception. So I must slice and dice all evidence, cognoscente of predetermined influences.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Confidence is good, but overconfidence is not. I would be more forgiving of overconfidence in his receivers like the pick off the tip by Woods. He legitimately should have confidence in him, but mistakes will occasionally happen. I'm sure he's far more concerned about the picks by players the D successfully hid. On the bright side, I don't think any of the throws were mechanical breakdowns.

Checkers and chess are often used to accentuate a disparity in forethought and planning. But both chess and checkers have many levels of play. So to use this analogy, Stroud and Slowik are playing chess, but still working their way up the rankings.

19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

What do you mean overreaction?
    It was a simple question with a simple answer.
    Was it good or bad?
    It's NEVER a good thing to gloss over mistakes in crucial times!

Like JVG said,......."Don't excuse in victories what you wouldn't in losses".
    His mistakes at the end COULD HAVE cost us a victory.
    By acknowledging that it gives you EVEN MORE room to praise your brothers on the other side of the ball for saving the game.

I have NO DOUBT CJ will learn this in time.
    He starts with the most important thing.............a HUMBLE BASE!

20. Marshall Bryant

I'd like to define a distinction between strategy and tactics. It is a problem almost identical to the one I had with Dusty. Slowik's strategy of keeping the running game in the minds of the Ds he faces is sound, but his tactics appear to make each very predictable by emphasizing the Run on 1st, 2nd and 4th downs. 1st down passes are often limited to 2 and 4 minute drills.

The key is not just the balance and TOP strategically, but the unpredictability tactically.

Now I can't prove the stats back up my eye test simply because I do not have the films to study nor the energy to do so. But those who do might chime in.