1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah, I'd put Jalen around 6'5-6'5.5. I just find it hilarious that people always assert that Jalen's 6'3/4 and then say Amen's 6'7 and Jabari's 6'11. Jalen is not remotely half a foot shorter than Jabari, look at them stood next to each other. Similarly, Jalen and Amen are almost the same height, fro or not.

Mathloom and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jalen is at most 6'4" I wish the NBA would measure again without shoes.

DD

maj21 and vince like this.
  3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

Not comparing their careers, or talent levels, just the aesthetics of their games.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I see some McGrady in Paul George, Tatum, Durant and Wemby.....it is very individual.

Green looks like one third of Kobe/Kyrie skills and athleticism put in Lou Williams' body right now.

He does not have the strength yet but who knows.

#324 daywalker02, Nov 10, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I see Jalen continuing to ascend this year, having a really sturdy year and then breaking out between next season and his fifth year. No doubt, that is going to make it difficult to decide what we do with him contract wise.

I think that the r****dation in development that comes along with Silas, as well as the fact that he was a little bit under developed physically is what is going to cause a delay. However…. He will be 23 going into season 5. So still a lot if room.

I am pretty encouraged with what I have seen through seven games. The shot selection can be improved, but has been better. The defense has been significantly better. The decision making overall seems smarter.

his ball handling early in the game is always seems to be rough, but seems to get better as he goes and I am still super encouraged by his ability to hit clutch shots.

I cannot wait to see this core grow together over the next 3 to 5 years. I really would not be opposed at this point to packaging the net assets and trying to find a fourth or fifth year veteran to add to the group.

Mathloom and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Lou Williams was 175 lbs at his peak weight lol.

Green is probably almost at 200 lbs now. He's also taller than Lou by a good 3 inches.

34to11 likes this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

If this is true, then Jabari is 6'8 at most, Amen is 6'5, and FVV is 5'9.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

I think Green fits in the mold of those players, guards that are a triple threat and beat you with footwork, first steps, mid range, etc. I know a lot of people think speed with JG, and yes that is his elite attribute at the moment but he has a solid foundation to have as good footwork as those players, just watch him operate on stepbacks. He isn't Irving or like AI, those players play really low and beat you with speed and crafty ball handling.

9. OkayAyeReloaded

I thought Jalen grew a little bit as well, his frame and wingspan and perhaps the additional muscle. I could be wrong, we'd need news or official new height measurements from the media.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Apparently he's only 6'4, so in fact, everybody shrunk, because Amen's about an inch taller than him and no way in hell are Sengun and Jabari 6-7 inches taller than Jalen, they're about 6'7/8 tops if he's 6'4. And Ja Morant's 5'10.

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Is there any way to move @Plowman before the trade deadline?

12. King713

King713 Member

Jalen had 25 pts on 56 TS% and it was a mid game for him. He’s still that guy. OP gotta find his clown nose.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@Plowman woild talk **** and harass people criticizing harden and the front office when they were full on cancers.

this guy is a fraud and a clown he should just keep his opinions to himself

persian hoopa likes this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Bumping for JG Mojo.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The guy is a great human being though.

16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Still waiting on Jalen to have his breakout stretch. He's still looking very indecisive late in games which is frustrating. Dude just score the basketball

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He is inconsistent at that - so some games it works, some it doesn't....he is far from a sure bucket.

DD

GotGame15 likes this.
  18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He has time and I'm patient. Last game was rough

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he is consistent, then he scores against the Lakers and has problems against the Worriers....if it was the Old Jalen.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The Rockets don't have time to wait....either he gets it this year or he is gone...they can't give him a max extension in the HOPE that he gets there...he hs gotten incrementally better but hasn't made that major leap...and may never do it....or it may take years.

DD