1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/17/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

To come that close despite the refs says a lot.

Now go get the next 2.

IvanLCPM, Bo6, clos4life and 15 others like this.
  2. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Damn Fubo app cut the game off with a 1:15 left in the game so I didnt get to watch that part.

That being said alot of people blaming Jalen but I thought he played well (didnt watch the last minute). He made most of his free throws and had some good passes. He gotta tighten up dribbling and ball control.

Jabari hit a big three and a very nice and needed turnaround jumper. That turnaround jumper looks pretty consistent, I'd like to see them call for that when the offense gets a bit stagnant ie.. LaMarcus Aldridge.

Was a close game with are defense keeping us in it, which is good but I'd like to see a little less fouling and sending players to the line. Luckily they missed a bunch of fts.

Go Rockets

Arnel and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  3. SORF

SORF Member

I knew Harden was going to make that three and get the foul. How many times have we watched him do it before. However, he did not show the joy of winning the game against the Rockets as we have seen him do to other teams with that shot plus one. This is not a win he is liking. He was all business this time.

The Rockets played great. But Murph is correct. The 14 TOs hurt us more in the second half than the crappy officiating. Yes it was bad, You would have to be blind to think otherwise. Our Rockets are young, but they are learning and getting better. We are going to be a dangerous team in the 2024-25 playoffs. I think we will make it this year too.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Green needs to go so sleep with the ball taped to his hand. He needs to shower with it, eat with it. Whatever it take to get better handles and some ****ing balls

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you on the cheap calls and I saw the foul on Green, but overall Fred and Green just couldn't get a proper set. You can't win all the games though and these are the kind of games our guys have not been a part of the past few years. They will hopefully learn. Sometimes you have to play through the refs bullshit, unfortunately that's always been a part of the game, especially more in the last two decades with the rules favoring the offensive player in general. Superstar calls have always been part of the game.

I also give Ime a lot of credit with going with Jabari, despite Jabari not having a great game. Jabari was hustling on the defensive end, moving his feet, not ball watching as much and overall very active. He wasn't hitting shots most of the game, but he had two good buckets in the fourth. Coach could of easily put in Jeff Green, but he stuck to the young guy.

These guys have to learn. I hated losing this one, but see a lot of positives and a lot of mistakes that can be corrected.

joshuaao, JW86, AuburnRocket and 3 others like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That sequence where the refs went to the video replay and negate a clear foul on our player to make it a jump ball was stupid as fk

dmenacela, Arnel and albuster like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes sir. For the very least Kawhi fouled him prior to the gather. It would of been a weak call, but they were calling those all night.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is why no matter what you ALWAYS save your challenge.

Using it in the 2nd quarter was just terrible, there just is little reason to ever use it in the first three quarters when there is enough time to make up for whatever has happened unless its your best player picking up a crucial foul.

There were so many plays down the wire there that could have been challenged and overturned for the Rockets that might have really helped us late there.

AuburnRocket and Arnel like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Stop it.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bye Felicia.

Dredd likes this.
  11. Dredd

Dredd Member

so he needs to call Josh Christopher?

REEKO_HTOWN and ThatBoyNick like this.
  12. Arnel

Arnel Member

This is true, Udoka burned the challenge way too early, and he should have been damn sure he was gonna win it if he was taking it that early. He’ll learn from this also

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Let me tell you a little secret....there is not a player who didn't get dunked on tonight...from Alpy to Tari to Bari to Brooks etc. Zubac is 7 ft., and dunked on several. Alpy and FVV had 8 rebounds and Bari had 7...so, would Alpy' and FVV's rebounds be a nonfactor ? Come on...4 of 12 shooting (33%) you can criticize that but you know that's not right. You REALLY think we have a coach that is playing a guy 33 mins. who is a nonfactor ?

Arnel and JayGoogle like this.
  14. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No thank you.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can Oladipo still play 20 minutes could get interesting.

16. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Agreed, and not to take anything away from the Clippers defense but I also believe those 4 games off may have affected the shooting of some. Certain guys just weren’t looking as sharp as they were during the winning streak, even Alpi could’ve played better. I also gotta call Ime out, It may just be me but I felt he should’ve stuck with Tari over Bari in the final minutes of the game. Outside of that boneheaded play Tari played well and was hustling and playing solid defense. But Ime like most of these players are still learning and filling each other out so mistakes are bound to happen, better to get it out the way now so you can prevent it from happening later. And definitely agree with the last part, it’s the samething with the Texans, Houston fans have widened their expectations of these teams and if they don’t meet them slot are going to end up very upset, forgetting the fact that their young and still need to grow. But hey I’d rather the feeling of growing pains compared to the last 3 years of suffering and hoping we can land the #1 pick

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Same with this poster after every game about Jabari...he, along with some guy Downtown Sniper or something like that ride Bari like a racehorse every game...one of them calling Bari a punk a** B**** and the other one liking it. So, consider the source...I do.

Arnel and JayGoogle like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

That was definitely Harden’s FU to Udoka for f$&king up his only shot at a supermax and a chance to return to the comfy Fertitta cocoon.

Our response will be winning a chip before he ever does.

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tough Loss, lots of positives for the Rockets to draw out of it - The refs played a big role, and then we got closed out by a team that's going to be damn tough during the regular season, assuming health, now that they finally have a PG. I just don't think the Clippers can stay healthy.between PG, Beard, and Kawhi. And, they surely don't have enough inside to win it all. A really good team this year if healthy, but bridesmaids.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

FK!

and had to b that prick with the game winner... gd...

Tfor3 and dmenacela like this.