1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nook is an attorney, ya dumbshit.

Nook, kubli9 and Radricky like this.
  2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice K-PJ's.......

Nook, clos4life, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Are you going to answer the question?

4. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I feel like my parents are fighting.

Jontro likes this.
  5. raining threes

The court of public opinion is strong.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

KPJ is simply animated in communicating respectfully to these police officers about his evening doing charity work with Sterling Brown!

DD

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

after all this, I hope KPJ still gets hard time and ol' girl gets nothing. Doing a 180 and defending an abuser for money and/or clout is as damaging as it gets for future victims.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Then he should know better.

I hope they get the facts right - and the punishment or lack thereof is appropriate.

DD

9. fattz

fattz Member

DD over the years, you seem like a wonderful caring person. Your energy towards KPJ is probably from a genuine place. Please let him go and focus on current players and their on court skills. You bring a lot to the board.

Know, no matter how hard you hit this horse, it’s still dead.

So many positive thing are happening with OUR team. Go Rockets!

Dobbizzle and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have let him go, I am just enjoying pointing out the hypocrisy, that no one really wants the truth, they just want to b**** about him....and are actively HOPING he is guilty, it is a sad state of affairs.

At least Nook has a history with people who know him - others - I just don't know - but I prefer he get his day in court like anyone else.

And thank you for the very kind words, they are appreciated, not enough of that around here these days.

And, of course - GO ROCKETS !

DD

BamBam and Nook like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At the end of the day it comes circling back to him but I did start out this video of hers with posting about her money issues first.......but who cares.

You pretend that Innocence is such a virtue, such a costly good........

A lot of NBA players are not innocent.......guess what. It is also a depraved society, with greed and morality issues all over it.

Keep on Sinning then.

#3831 daywalker02, Nov 17, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think he had $60M remaining on this contract, which he would be in his mid 20s when it ended, and it seems like any decent rotation guys are now getting $20M-$25M+ per year, i think his remaining career earnings would have been closer to $200M. They both seemed to realize this fairly early on, and I do not blame her for thinking this is the better route.

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

He's a POS. It's obvious to anyone with an ounce of awareness. Good luck fighters...

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks. Not everyone has awareness.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Fair but we are making the same point. :)

AroundTheWorld and BallSoHarden like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

should this be moved to the dish or d&d? asking for a friend

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Delete

Jontro likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Friend name is Kevin.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This was game/set/match. Perfect post Nook.

What people don't get is that he is mentally ill from a traumatic upbringing AND he is responsible for all these things. It's not either-or.... it's AND. No one is responsible for absorbing his messed up actions just because he doesn't get his mental illness treated.

The reason he doesn't get his mental illness treated is because people pat him on the back for insignificant quantities of progress and because they minimize his screw ups. This is poison for someone whose main problem is not realizing the difference between the reality (shared truth) and feelings (personal truth). People like KPJ need respectful, professional feedback so that the old hard-coded thought-feeling patterns (neural pathways) are replaced with new ones. That takes YEARS of consistent therapy and lifestyle change - and there are always setbacks along the way.

Right now, what KPJ's brain is learning is that money is love and there's nothing that can't be fixed with money. This thing is turning him into a bigger danger for his next victim. If he doesn't take this thing seriously, someone else is going to get hurt and people on here are going to feel really sh*tty about cheerleading for him over a stupid basketball debate.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The essence of being an athlete and pro baller has been about making as much money in the shortest amount of time....which is his career.

I think he will continue to do that until his career fizzled out completely and then maybe go to therapy (Big if) because he is already used to this cycle of being patted on his back from others.

People like VC and DD are the worst enablers in here, repping him for the wrong reasons, he might not have punched her multiple times but that is not why he is a danger, he is a danger because he can go off any second. And yet here they are talking about innocence till proven guilty - this corny saying without ever envisioning what type of person KPJ is......

I would not want any of those mentioned guys near my loved ones......lol incl. those 2 brainiacs.

Well said though.

#3840 daywalker02, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023