1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Şengün will be an All-NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plegus, Nov 15, 2023.

1. plegus

plegus Member

This season.

I’ve tried to be both hopeful and realistic about Alpi’s development. I considered all the variables to best of my abilities and finally subtracted my bias while I set my expectations. Every time he has been 1 step ahead of them. This time I am expecting him to be an all-star so he should be all-nba, simple maths.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The highest realistic positive can be is at 3ed team because of Jokic and Embid.

AD if he has a sporadic unhealthy season then ya Sengun has a shot.

Xerobull, clos4life, CarlosGM and 3 others like this.
  3. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

Cool story bro.

calurker, 34to11 and Bo6 like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah the path would have to be the same as Sabonis last season. Squeak his way onto the third team.

I don't think this is the year though unless his production goes up over the course of the season and we make the playoffs (not just the play-in).

He might make all-star.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He'd have to have other guys miss the required minimum and the Rockets would have to be close to .500.

It is extremely difficult to make all NBA.

invocux likes this.
  6. plegus

plegus Member

At this point I am expecting over .500 to go along with this. I believe that Ime’s Rockets will be great very fast. Jalen will show up. These are some of my assumptions.

7. plegus

plegus Member

There are more than few assumptions attached to this take and these are some of them I agree. It might not be probable but it is possible and this time I choose to believe it will happen.

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

does this really deserve it's own thread?

persian hoopa and harold bingo like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. Svenskgun

Svenskgun Member

Oh gawd, all these threads are even worse than my lil bro's "boggy couscous"-threads.

groovemachine and persian hoopa like this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I just remembered that they removed positions from All-NBA this season. Not sure if that helps Alpi or hurts him. I'm going to lean toward "hurts him". Center is not that strong of a position overall once you get past Jokic and Embiid. He's going to be competing at the back end with guys like Haliburton and Edwards who currently have a lot more buzz. That's a tough lift.

Here's what I think he would need to have a chance:

1. Rockets make the playoffs, not just the play-in (6th seed or better)
    2. His production goes up to something like 20, 9, and 6.5
    3. A few big injuries for the guys at the fringe of third team status

That's a pretty tall order. I think right now our talent level looks like it's at the edge of being a play-in team, Alpi's production is up but not quite clearing that magic "20ppg" number for an offense-first guy, and injuries are just a wild card.

plegus and wlekfjv923n like this.
  12. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

At first, I thought this is another stupid laughable thread. Then I looked up the all-nba teamers in the past few years:

2022-2023
    1st: Embiid
    2nd: Jokic
    3rd: Sabonis

2021-2022
    1st: Jokic
    2nd: Embiid
    3rd: KAT

2020-2021
    1st: Jokic
    2nd: Embiid
    3rd: Gobert

Could he beat out Sabonis, KAT or Gobert? Don't think it's crazy to think he's got a legit shot. He's definitely surpassed expectations already

HardenReturns, lionaire and plegus like this.
  13. conquistador#11

Jordan, O'neal, Kobe, Timmy, Dwerp, Luhbrrron, Luka and Durant are some of the 11 players that made the all NBA team at age 21. What's your excuse, Anfernee Sengun? Get it done!

invocux, cml750 and HardenReturns like this.
  14. Sengun

Sengun Member

It's not just up to him. It increases the chances of the Rockets remaining competitive, finishing the season above .500, and Sengun getting 20/10/8 average, but it still won't be a sure thing. And as far as I know, the position thing for All-NBA is over, which makes the things more difficult.

There are three serious other candidates for the center. Davis (if he stays healthy), Bam Adebayo and Sabonis. I see it as difficult for Davis to stay healthy, there is a certain number of games required for the All-NBA and I'm not sure if Davis can do that. Adebayo, on the other hand, is playing very well this season and if he continues like this, he can get ahead of Sengun because I think Miami will be more successful than the Rockets at the end of the season. I think Sengun is ahead of Sabonis right now and will finish the season ahead of him. We'll wait and see.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Minus Embiid and Joker.....so far.

Bam Adebayo
    23 pt 10.5 rb 3.8 ast 1.4 st 1.4 blk
    KAT
    20.6 pt 9.5 rb 2.3 ast 1 st 0.6 blk
    Porzingis
    19.7 pt 6.2 rb 1.9 ast 1 blk
    Alperen Sengün
    19.4 pt 8.2 rb 6.0 ast 1 st 0.4 blk

• He has Wemby and Myles Turner behind him.
    • He is the worst FT shooter out of those guys....with 62%.
    • Has the fewest double doubles.
    • He is not that far behind but has to post monster stats from here on out.
    • Sabonis is listed as PF this time @ ESPN and his stats are behind Alpe. No worries.

#15 daywalker02, Nov 15, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    wlekfjv923n likes this.
  16. Melik

Melik Member

Unless the Rockets finish in the top 5 of the Western Conference, Sengun cannot enter any NBA All Team. This is directly proportional to the Rockets team.

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I though the same thing. All NBA seems so out of reach until you actually read the names on 3rd team. I don't think it's likely, but I also don't think 3rd team is out of the question.

wlekfjv923n and Ancient Moabite like this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

As mentioned above, All-NBA is not by position this year, so it's just the 15 best players period, not the 3 best centers.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay got it....so you could basically put in 15 PGs, SGs, SFs.....albeit Joker and Biid being locks ....

OremLK likes this.
  20. Svenskgun

Svenskgun Member

Man, talk about making people dislike Sengun due to having fanatic fans. And this is coming from a big time Sengun fan.

No, he won't be ALL-NBA due to the fact that Embiid and Jokic are clearly ahead of him and Adebayo is up there and considering the fact that ALL-NBA this year will be only based on the top 15 players Sengun has no shot what so ever.

He is 21 years old, let him mature.

bluffkin likes this.