1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He just didn't know what to do with centers, other than thinking about them as lob targets, and spacers as 3 pt shooters on offense. Since his coaching career was very short, there is not enough evidence but i am sure he wouldn't do well with any center.

maypk and cml750 like this.
  2. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Gonna be tough to beat Maxey for MIP when he's dropping 50, but otherwise he's right there.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's funny how OKC gave us not ONCE but TWICE a franchise player which changed the entire course of our rebuilds.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

If true, that just proves the previous coaching staff were a bunch of absolute idiots, because anyone with half a brain could see Sengun was at the very least a legit NBA starter from how Sengun had played the previous year.

HardenReturns and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

How were they idiots when Sengun never got benched in the first place? It never happened the Sengunatics just ran away with it.

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Because Sengun has been this player the whole time and Silas refused to give him a shot. Sengun got scolded for his creative passing, he got scolded for taking shots, he got blamed for all the defensive woes. The coaching staff tried to minimize him since day 1. Silas and all his assistants constantly talked bad about Sengun and criticized him in both midgame and postgame interviews. And these guys are making millions of dollars to know what they're doing. The whole thing was a disgrace. I will forever hate Silas and he deserves every ounce of hate from this fanbase.

7. invocux

invocux Member

He should be thanking Ime for the rest of his life. Unbelievable some guy cheats on his wife in Boston which leads to us having a star in Texas. He should find that woman and thank her for giving Ime the sloppiest blowjob.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

I agree 100%! Great post!

clos4life and megastahr like this.
  9. conquistador#11

The frustration had to do more with putting in 'the lob threat' banking that it would elevate KPJ and the offense. And they would have kept him there if Bruno doesn't get injured. They would have kept him there if Brooke doesn't leave the F.O at the altar. Outside forces had to shut things down and save the FO from themselves.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Uh... Jokic is by far the toughest matchup. Just get physical with soft Embiid and he will be on the ground.

We won and Jokic had 36-21-11. Embiid won't be better than that.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think going through the Silas years with no continuity, a so-called Head Honcho wanting all the glory, and an absolutely pathetic “system” was a great thing for Alpi. If he can play well under our previous regime, then there’s nobody Alpi CAN’T play for!

And it proved to us his mental fortitude and willingness to do whatever it took to win, even when the wins were few and far between.

By the way he’s only 21

HardenReturns and AlperenSengun like this.
  12. Sengun

Sengun Member

No, I don't think so. Embiid could be softass but he is physically so strong and it's hard to move him in paint: I'm sure Sengun can handle it. I was just talking about physicality. Jokic isn't that much physical as Embiid.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

They even have articles published explaining why Bruno should start. A total disgrace for the whole organization.

And just to add to @harold bingo , those coaches never criticized the guards for their non-existent defense or held anybody accountable for their performances.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All i know is a peeped it. There was a game last season he won us a game against the grizz by himself and another game he locked up MVP Embiid with 5 fouls in OT. this was peak gawd awful silas coaching.. I just knew Sengun was good. I KNEW IT!!

HardenReturns and harold bingo like this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

17. plegus

plegus Member

Best validation he could hope to have, from the best player and the last champion himself, right after their head to head matchup.

Bigearz, clos4life, RudyTBag and 4 others like this.
  18. maypk

maypk Member

I think at this point we all agree that Silas is the worst head coach of the history of National Basketball Association.

Now let's move on to the next thing, Silas is NOT a "nice" person as some people still claim in here.

He made a 20-year-old kid a scapegoat. He tried to break the self-esteem of that 20 year-old kid. He singled out that 20 year-old kid in any opportunity he got.

He just knew very little that the 20-year-old kid he picked on was a BEAST who left his family behind and moved to another city to follow his basketball dreams against all odds at age 12.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

It is funny I do not see the "Show ignored content" button.

clos4life, RudyTBag and maypk like this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member