1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/8/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2023.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Any update on sengun and his ankle?

Streakshooter, Tfor3 and saleem like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I doubt he's missing a game. He said he's fine in the post game interview.

It would really suck if he missed a game now during this streak.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

To expound on that even more. In a few seasons the consistent on the floor presence is C/PF Sengun/Jabari. The electric edge is SG/SF Green/Whitmore. I don't know what superlative to use for PG Amen. Bench energy Tari Eason.

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Are they goin to down mri? All the players say their fine. . I don’t trust their self-diagnosing lol

HardenReturns, Tfor3 and saleem like this.
  5. cdrive

cdrive Member

Jabari needs to anticipate that draw for a charge better when he catches the ball in the paint running with a full head of steam, and do a spin to avoid the contact. A little spin move would help with those two exact same charge turnovers.

don grahamleone, Tfor3 and saleem like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I doubt they need to do an MRI on a sprain that still allowed him to stay on the court and still be effective. If it was that severe he wouldn't have continued playing.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

FVV shooting is plummeting. It doesn’t seem to be an detrimental to the team but his shot selection isn’t always great but he’s a great floor general

Patience, ramotadab and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

It's crazy to think this team still have these ultra wild cards in the next upcoming seasons with Amen and Cam.

Like I'd be content with just the core of Green, Sengun, Jabari, Tari moving forward.

But we just have these ultra talents just in the background waiting.

Hakeemtheking, Tfor3 and ramotadab like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Member

Yes, but he was limping off the court at the end of the game. A health update on Sengun by the Rockets organization would be appreciated.

#1389 saleem, Nov 9, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    HardenReturns, Tfor3 and mac_got_this like this.
  10. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

Might be a dumb question but, do the in season tourney games count towards our overall record? Or is it separate?

cryout75 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

They are part of the 82 game schedule so ya they count towards the regular record.

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I hear you but I just don’t want another Tari situation where a downplayed injury turns into a worse situation that’s take him out for a couple of weeks. Because none of were ready for the Jock Landale show to start.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Half the team shooting 40+% from 3 can cover for a lot of shortcomings lol

14. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

Thank you

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

At this point I wouldn’t oppose using them two in a package for another star

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Exactly. That’s the professional thing to do. I hope they don’t jsut brush the under the table

saleem likes this.
  17. O-dawg

O-dawg Member
    Supporting Member

Great point. I did not expect this coming into this season as I actually thought his ball handling responsibilities would decrease, but he does initiate a lot of the offensive sets and credit to Coach Udoka for giving the defenses different looks.

don grahamleone, saleem and Tfor3 like this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Last night I seen a tweet goin around of somebody calling Fred Van Eets. He does look like he’s indulging in that local cruisine. His jersey is suffocating him

19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

You are right, his shot selection has been iffy but I feel he only really takes shots when the offense slows down or when we are up a bunch and he's trying to extend the lead. Other than that, I'm glad to see he is shooting 3s better than last year (so far) while playing great defense and distributing the ball better. Hopefully his fg% picks up later in the season

20. O-dawg

O-dawg Member
    Supporting Member

Team ball at its finest. Having a big like Sengun is key. Great court vision, a threat in post to mid-post, and is truly unselfish (exact opposite of his opponent last night - Wood). And just as key is having guards that can not only make plays, but finish them as well. If this team fulfills its potential, defenses are in trouble... take one thing away and the other kills you. Love it.