1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets deal for Dillon Brooks (4 yrs/$86 million + incentives)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Oh be quiet. People aren’t attacking those who objectively and rationally criticized the the signing. The dramatics some people displayed — as well how those same drama queens attacked anyone who deigned to defend the signing — are worthy of criticism. You seemingly fall into that boat, given you can’t even avoid incendiary rhetoric while lecturing people to “leave people alone.”

roslolian likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You can’t call me a drama Queen and start your post with a “oh be quiet”

sorry champ

larsv8, Rinaldi and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Houston77

Supporting Member

Sure I can. I just did.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

This would be an amazing outcome, i would be thrilled if you are correct. Definitely much more hopeful then i was before the signing, but still expecting him to return to normal

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nothing about his past numbers or Grizzlies departure pointed to this, but the trajectory has definitely changed. The FIBA tournament was the first sign. I'll take it. Great for the Rockets, and credit to Brooks and Udoka.

People fellating themselves for being right on accident probably have no friends anyways, so no need to argue with them and make their lives worse.

Corrosion and joshuaao like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. Houston77

Supporting Member

I get why you are sticking to your guns on this one. Perhaps you do not want to be loved so much as to be understood.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Cookies and cake my mind’s baked! I guess I don’t know.

I’m think the tendency for people to insist people are haters or lovers of particular players whenever there’s a disagreement in assessment (amongst legit rocket fans and not foreign nationals tied player of same ethnicity) is beyond r****ded

napalm06 likes this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Coming around to this signing, but still don't like the guy. This isn't based on him trash talking LBJ but the way he responded when it, his game, and the Grizzlies fell flat. It's a long contract though, so I have plenty of time to be convinced otherwise.

10. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Media is in prime form with the Dillon "the Villain" narrative now that LeBron has come to town. It's funny how easy people are manipulated, I still believe a large portion of the hate he gets is a result of him challenging "The King" last year in the playoffs. He even called out the media on it today.

"I feel like he (James) controls the media," Brooks said Tuesday. "I feel like a lot of guys, you know, have these podcasts and love social media, but I don't really like it. I don't really like media. If I didn't have to talk to you guys I wouldn't talk to you guys. And you know, I just block it out and just play basketball."

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I'm sure him hiding from the media after that series tanked had nothing to do with how he is perceived by folks

roslolian likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I agree with Dillon partially.
    Bron doesnt control the media per say, but he knows how to manipulate it and control the narrative.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He hit Lebron and Donovan Mitchell in the groin and their private parts.......even role player named Daniel Theis....

Stumbled and hit a camera man and he aggravated that contact, stands up, acted like nothing happened.

It is all his own doing.

[​IMG]

#1533 daywalker02, Nov 8, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    napalm06 likes this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Is his shooting going to regress? YES!

Is he taking bad shots? NO NOT AT ALL

Is he taking the right shots? YES

Is he leading? YES

Is he defending at a high level? YES

it is really questionable to me the people that are decrying him because he’s shooting is going to regress. Plus, if he continues to take the shots that he is currently taking the regression will likely not be terrible. I’m actually optimistic that this will be his best offensive year in sometime.

I’ve just been beyond happy with him, and frankly, even if his field goal percentage is, we’re just average, I would still feel the same way.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think whether you are pro Dillion or not depends on one thing.

Some folks dont believe people really can change.
    Some do.

Pretty simple really.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

That's part of it. The other part is first impressions and for most, Dillon behaved like a clown. For me, it was mostly how he reacted afterwards that gave me a low opinion of Brooks. As for change, I believe that people CAN change. I just also believe that the vast majority of the people DON'T change. Most will pretend like they did, but precious few actually do. KPJ was the perfect example of this. Said all the right things in front of the camera while continuing to do a lot of the same wrong things when the camera wasn't on him.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I could have even tolerated Royce White if he chose to play bball instead of blackmailing the org.

But you still knew what he did and what kind of guy he is.

You are talking fundamental change like a deep Sinner becoming Jesus Christ, and that is 100% not realistic in most scenarios.

However cheering him on as a Rocket when he hits game winners and open shots, that is fine with me.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think how valuable Brooks will totally depend on his attitude. If he keeps up with this--not his shooting but his team first attitude--then he'll be very good for us. If he starts to demand a bigger role on offense, it's going to be same old story for him.

roslolian likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I love the way Dillon is playing now but he brought it all himself with his interview about him poking bears and stuff. Lebron's strategy was just to ignore him till the series was over then he unloaded all the trash talk so I dunno what you mean by Lebron controlling the narrative.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

The WB for Cp trade was a great move given the limited information we had at the time. That window was closed, Rockets lost to GSW with like 4 players out and Harden and Cp3 were feuding but people act like they were still a contender. Remember how they got destroyed by 20 pts 3 game straight and Morey fired Melo? Lol.