1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

TBH, it's such a simple and basic point. I find it strange when people cannot understand that one can hold these different positions simultaneously.

2. astros123

astros123 Member

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. They are behaving as extremists. They allow no questioning at all and twist questions unrelated to Hamas as supporting Hamas and being antisemitic.

It is textbook extremism.

Amiga likes this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

I'm sure @Sweet Lou 4 2 will tell us that he wasn't killed for being Jewish right? What's the excuse ?

ROXRAN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Israel isn't going to remove Hamas. You can't. Hamas isn't this group of x number of people. They have planned for this for years and have planned on how they will survive. Israel can't destroy Hamas and they don't really care.

Netanyahu against, wanted money funneled into Hamas to keep Palestine divided - those are his words, not anyone else's. You claim Russia is using Hamas, but you fail to understand how Israel used Hamas. No, they didn't anticipate Oct 7th, but they should have. And that's why Netanyahu has to go.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

8. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

This is so tough to watch. I will use my car as a weapon to mow down those inbred bastards before they can put a cap in me. I understand why the mother just sat there to be slaughtered though, she’s trying to save her 2 little girls by having them hiding underneath a cover in the car.

For the two sided argument folks, just stop it already.
    Leftism is tyranny and deception that smears the righteous as being the evil they themselves are.

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are over 40 million Kurds in the Mesopotamia region. The Kurds too were courted by the British with the allure of a nationstate after the fall of the Ottomans. But 100 years later, they’re still living across four non-Kurdish majority countries: Turkey, Syria, Iraq, and Iran.

I am not in favor of redrawing borders for other peoples or countries. Self determination comes from within.

Nook likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My understanding is the Kurds have largely an autonomous region in NW Iraq with Erbil as their de facto capital. They are still oppressed though in Iran and Turkey while they are major combatants in Syria.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That good to hear as long as the IDF doesn’t also bomb South Gaza as they were before.

#2932 rocketsjudoka, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

At a practical level, it precludes anything except the thinking represented by the infamous quote from Bush: ‘Either you are with me or with them.’ That is certainly an easy and lazy choice, but it doesn’t allow room for deeper thinking. The result of that wasn’t pretty.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Expelling people - any people, from their home is unethical

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Never to return.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know where you get the idea that I would excuse violence. So let me be clear. Violence against Israel is wrong. Oct 7th was evil. No doubt. Violence against innocent people for any reason is vile. Violence against people for their faith is vile. Doesn't matter if someone is Jewish or Muslim.

What I am against is grouping people together. Not every Jew or Israeli support Israel's current actions. Not every Palestinian or protestor is pro-Hamas.

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its weird seeing trumpers calling others anti-semites.

VooDooPope, astros123 and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Why did/do Christians blame Jews for killing Jesus again?

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because it was Jewish authorities who turned Jesus over to Pilate.

It's a pretty lazy take if you also believe that Christ had to die to fulfill prophecy/covenants/God's will.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I was surprised to learn the Crusaders targeted Jewish people in Jerusalem rather than the Muslims.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_and_the_Crusades

How much of Western support of Zionism in the early 20th century (and not today) was because the Christian Europeans did not want to have sizable Jewish populations in their borders? This persisted even knowing Hitler and the Nazis tried to exterminate anyone loosely affiliated with the faith through blood. From what I have read, the European countries were not welcoming of Central European Jewish refugees during WWII and instead redirected them to the nascent Zionist state in British Palestine.

Even before WWI, the British suggested carving out a part of Uganda for Jews.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.