1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 11/4/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2023.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I think we will respond well to the added pressure. Yes, the Kings will be extra motivated after today's game but, it should give us confidence on Monday because we already beat them and Ime isn't going to deemphasize defense and rebounding over the next 2 days. Agree about our young legs but, that veteran presence on the LAL is sometimes tough to overcome. When the game is in the balance, you know Lebron is getting the ball.Not my favorite player but he's tough.We can definitely win though.

Dobbizzle and JayGoogle like this.
  2. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

This was a good win, a confidence booster. I liked that We started the game with force and dictated the tempo, thart's the way We should start every game.

Fred played solid, though I didn't like some of his 3's, especially that deep one from the left late in the 3rd. No one, not even him, thought that was going in. Overall he's a huge upgrade, just needs to cut down on the chucking.

Dillon is our best player in these first 5 games. Insane defense and physicality. His %'s will go down as the season goes on, but he's still going to be one of our key players. Tonight he was great, took over the game when We needed it the most.

Alpi had a good defensive game against Sabonis, refreshing to see him play without those stupid ticky tack fouls. He was good on the boards and on offense. He's becoming our #1 option, and deservedly so.

Jabari started the game scorching hot, and I would've liked if the team kept going to him more while he was feeling it. Barnes, Murray and Sabonis can't guard him, and We need to take advantage of that on Monday. He had a nice block on McGee, but overall still not up to par on D. He's constantly giving up open 3's and is ballwatching. Tonight he wasn't burned as much because the Kings missed those open 3's. Hopefully he cleans that up.

Jalen's game was a mixed bag tonight. He guarded the space great tonight. His off ball D tonight was spot on. His playmaking was also top notch, he made the right reads most of the time. But wtf is happening with his shot and attacking the basket? Free throws were cringy af, and he got embarassed by Sabonis a couple of times in the paint. His p'n'r with Alpi is becoming our bread and butter. He just needs to attack with more force. I got a couple of bad KPJ flashbacks watching him tonight in p'n'r. Alpi screens his defender, and instead of him taking advantage of that and going hard on the drive, he pulls it back and starts dribbling side to side. Even though he's showing progress on D and playmaking, I'm dissapointed in his play so far.

Shout out to Tate and his perfect 3pt shooting tonight!

Lastly, Ime really is as good as advertised. This team looks night and day compared to last year.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Before having himself a game, Jabari's production was looking eerily similar to last season--identical true shooting percentage, near-identical in several other statistical categories. After the game:

14.4 points / 7.8 RB / 2.0 AST / 48.4 FG% / 34.5 3P% / 55.7% TS%

Was a major difference maker for us versus previous games.

clos4life and RudyTBag like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looked like a different player. He was even leaving his area to contest shots and rebound. Thank God...

5. Spiderpickle

Spiderpickle Member

i frikkin love this.

j@amc, persian hoopa and IBTL like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Everytime I look at the box score and see how putrid our bench is, I imagine what it could have been like if kpj wasn't an idiot. Man would have been feasting

7. maypk

maypk Member

KPJ not being nowhere near around our young core is far more valuable contribution than any amount of points he would have scored coming from the bench.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

game was a blast, we actually won when I went! got to sit next to a fellow CF too @RustyHarden. :cool:. thanks @Xerobull yet again for the tickets.

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Enjoyed the game. Solid games again from Alpi, Brooks and FVV, Jalen had an off night scoring but showed some character and carried on hustling and making plays even when he wasn't getting his. Jabari looked so much more comfortable, that was probably the biggest thing for me outside of the win, nice to see him looking less in his head. We won based on defense, which is nice to see after years of terrible play on that side of the court. Actually makes me think I might have underrated our potential win totals, if we're defending this well, once Jalen gets consistent and Tari and Amen come back to breathe more life back into the bench I think we could be an actual NBA team, not a clear bottom feeder.

13 in 33, clos4life and IBTL like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Truth.

clos4life and Bo6 like this.
  11. Dredd

Dredd Member

I didn’t watch the game last night. Who other than Dillon Jordan looked good?

ramotadab likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Why do you think the Warriors keep saying "this is a different team this year" and "were not the same team as last year" even though everything is largely the same? It's because Poole's toxic ass is no longer on the team.

maypk likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The starting squad looked good. Shooting splits might not say it but the things that don’t show up in the boxscore looked really good.
    We need bench help

Dobbizzle and Dredd like this.
  14. Dredd

Dredd Member

Nice.

Bench is big time lacking. Eason can solidify himself as a legit 6th man if he plays to his level.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

Y’all goin respect my King Fred. He got y’all another win.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

DeAaron Fox should be NBA MVP if he makes a run in the playoffs with those bums. Sabonis was bad last night and I’d take Sengun over him any day. It was nice to win but wouldn’t get too excited about this one. The Kings aren’t that good.

Hakeemtheking and MystikArkitect like this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I’d love to see Whitmore get a shot with his offensive potential. He could help the bench.

Dobbizzle and Dredd like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. JW86

JW86 Member

I didn’t know Brooks had this kind of ability to get to the basket, loved his step through moves and how he can get in between anyone, push them aside and his finishing ability is very solid too. I’m impressed how under control he is. I’m starting to think the corny and immature stuff was just that Memphis environment.

20. 34to11

34to11 Member

100% agree

Dobbizzle and cmoak1982 like this.