1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fred VanVleet will be the worst FA acquisition in Rockets history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Oct 29, 2023.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hardly, he is a two year deal.

Y2JT, Bo6 and OremLK like this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

3. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

He's just a two year rental before Harden does come back for realz

Ren ason likes this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Bite your tongue

ACL1 and Castian Crew like this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He had a bad game. In fact, I'd say he was the most disappointing player on the court tonight. Having said that, he will be fine. Maybe one day they might all put together a good performance and get a win, but for now it feels like someone's going to **** the bed every night. Tonight it was FVV's turn.

Ren ason, Deckard, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Kelvin Cato was bad.....but to pay this louse $43 Mil per year is criminal.

It's not firing squad material for the GM but worthy of being fired.

I tried to warn the franchise by way of CF's pre free agency. Then voiced my displeasure
    post free agency. I give up.

#26 ApacheWarrior, Oct 30, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I know I sound like a broken record but we shoulda got Harden sorry lol

KDavis and Ren ason like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

FVV could play like tonight for the rest of his tenure with the Rockets and I still don't think it would be the worst signing in Rockets history, because his contract will be off the books by the time we need to resign our young players.

That said, I expect him to play a LOT better than tonight because 40mil is a shitton of money and I'd like him to earn that ****

darksoul35 and xaos like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

No, he isn't.

He's getting paid to undo every single thing that KPJ did to this organisation and the younger players.

Nook likes this.
  10. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

I don't care if KPJ would have been better

I don't want a woman beating, emotional, immature punk on this team. And maybe you're right, he would be better, I doubt it but who knows, but also who gives a ****, **** that piece of ****

11. cbass

cbass Member

I appreciate you making this embarrassing thread, because now I know I never have to take anything you post seriously.

12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Is this what this season is really going to be? Every game pile on <insert player here> because <insert inane reason here> to satisfy some perceived wrong the Rockets have done <insert CF member here> and start a new thread about to pass the time?

If ANYONE thought anyone was coming to save the Rockets this season, I am sorry for your lack of understanding of the game of basketball (and common sense). We have treaded water for 2 seasons to get our young guys feet wet and this year is a learning year from a bona fide NBA Champion, and a decent 3 and D wing in order to get our core guys better.

If we make the playoffs along the way then so be it. It's icing on the cake. But teaching Jalen and Amen how to pace the game and pick their spots is key. They still may not be the saviors of the franchise, but they need to learn it in order for us to see who they can be in the grand scheme. Brooks relaying the ins and outs of a defensive mind onto players like Tari and Jabari and maybe Jalen will help them along as well. And Alpi gets another year of seasoning as well.

In the end the rebuild continues and it is STILL a long and arduous process and no amount of crap posting will speed it along or change the time it's going to take.

But, I guess it makes the OPs feel good about themselves to know a couple of guys feel the same way. *shrugs* But the Rockets will keep moving along at the pace THEY set.

13. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Only 3 games but there was a reason why Raptor fans wanted him gone for most of the season.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

Quit being a fanboy

15. cbass

cbass Member

FVV had 24/12 literally last game.

Quit being dumb and having the memory of a goldfish.

Y2JT, xaos and majicdonjuan like this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he is overpaid, but like others have said its not a long term deal.

no one should be surprised if he plays poorly though. he was terrible last year. i can't believe the rockets paid him that much after that kind of a season. i doubt anyone else would have offered anywhere close to that but, its whatever. im sure he's still a good vet and trying to lead by example.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think you're just putting too much importance on the fact that you went to this game. In fact, going to the game comes with more emotional bias because the crowd and ups/downs will affect you more.

FVV is playing tough on both ends while averaging 7 assists to 2 TO's. His %'s will climb - no one's stats will approach their season averages during a 3-game losing streak. So far it's looking like his averages from last season is what he will look like in LOSSES rather than on average.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand it has to be clunky to start the season. There's no way around that, so stop disappointing yourself while blaming it on the team.

harold bingo and dmenacela like this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Omg, you have Stockholm syndrome, you poor soul:(

Joe Rocket likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I touched on this, at the end he was being passive aggressive towards Scottie Barnes and likely Gary Trent.

He has decent stats but I would never be fooled......

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was getting paid because Udoka put a stop to all the Harden news and that is about it.

You could see that Dennis Schroeder is actually replacing a large chunk of him in Toronto.

He is a good scorer but too short to do anything major.