1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 10/29/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Landry's Tooth

Jabari is younger than Amen Thompson. He is the 2nd youngest on the team to Whitmore.

I get that Jalen is young too but the issue to me is about improving. You expect improvement, not a polished star.

Is Jabari getting better? That's the main issue. Jalen has not improved much. If we have the same issue with Jabari in a year then there's reason for concern.

2. Landry's Tooth

Basketball 101. If you're passing on drives much of the time, it will slow down the rotation of the help defender and give you a better chance to finish.

Teams know Jalen Green is going to throw it up once he gets in the paint. They can abandon the weak side.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Bullard without a millisecond of hesitation.

bmelo and Nook like this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Your schtick is hilarious.

Nit-picking everything for everyone else.. meanwhile.

Jabari - cannot get an open shot unless Sengun gets him open.

Jabari without Sengun - pull up jumper whilst being contested, literally ZERO other moves in his arsenal.

Oh sorry, he also does get some open shots... when he trails the play and launches horrible shots disrupting momentum.

I don't know what I'd do if I was 6'10 and got bodied out of position by Chris Paul AND STILL missed the gimme jumper.

Carry on trying to deflect though clown.

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Outrebounded by 7 tonight, 26 less than Magic....yeah, I think we need a Center...most people would tell you that Alpy is not your Protypical Center.Our "center" had 5 rebounds tonight.Against the Magic he was 6 of 11...making 6 straight in the 1st half, while missing all 5 in the 2nd half with zero rebounds, blocks or assists. He did however tie 2 others with 14 pts. and got 8 rebounds in the 1st half.

6. Landry's Tooth

My god, do you really need that much time... like picking between Romo and John Madden...

If I want a lot of boom, ow, and other noises I'll let me 3 year old in the room.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jalen did improve from his rookie year to last year, so unless he stagnates there is a trend here. I agree his shot selection needs to be cleaned up. His bbiq was never a strong point even out of the draft, that’s why I never saw franchise player potential in him. We need to take the ball out of his hands and put it in our best decision makers, fvv and Sengun, and have them generate shots for Jalen. If you let Jalen decide, then there’s going to be too many bad shots.

Jabari was horrible last year, but that’s not important, improvement is what matters for young players. Jalen improved from year 1 to year 2. Will Jabari? If he doesn’t he is a bust. So far he has looked the same but it is still early. His offense can still come around but if his defense got better we would have seen it by now, he is still the weakest link on D.

Finally, Sengun was our best player last year, and now when we are playing for wins he is once again far and away our best player out of the young guys. How that Jabari fan can say center is our problem is the problem with player only fans who only want to prop up their failing favorites. It is a disgrace to the sport.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think we're being too harsh on our players, myself included. That's what happens when the team looks like world beaters in pre-season. They played well the last 2 games, and should have won against the Spurs. It will get better.

Arnel likes this.
  9. Landry's Tooth

Seriously, we went from one of the best to one of the worst I've watched.

10. Landry's Tooth

In what way did Jalen improve?

He's making the same dumb decisions. There's virtually nothing in the stat box that improved. His scoring efficiency decreased.

I'm willing to accept numbers can be misleading but I see the same garbage with my own eyes as last year and the year before.

If he's not on a heater he's literally worthless to have out there at this stage in his career.

HardenReturns likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

The Rockets were one of the best rebounding teams in the league last year with Sengun as center. Now it’s only been 3 games but if for some reason rebounding becomes a consistent problem for us this year, I’ll tell you what, I promise you the guy averaging 19 points 9 rebounds 7 assists and carrying the team is not going to be the one who is replaced. It’s his ahole front court partner who is also the worst player in the starting lineup that will be replaced by a better rebounder, in fact we have one on the team- Tari Eason.

HardenReturns and maypk like this.
  12. AuburnRocket

That's a joke. Sengun the great not even involved in Bari's shots. Certainly not in getting him open. 2 put backs..1 down the lane.. shot 6 of 12....only 1 was a trey...so, he has other shots for sure. If you were 6'10" you quit, he won't. He'll be getting his 8 rebounds or so and double digit scoring. You want to see a 2nd team DPOY faked outta his shoes and threed on ? Just for you.https://www.google.com/search?q=war...ate=ive&vld=cid:feac4102,vid:RS4zdJl3XnE,st:0

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

I believe in advanced stats, adjusted plus minus, those improved a lot, he was still a negative player last year but better year over year, which is a testament to his rookie year when he was one of the worst players in the entire league.

His efficiency was down last year but on higher usage, he had less assisted FGs, he was tasked to create more. So even on lesser efficiency he helped the offense more than the year before. Also even though he was bad on defense, rookie Jalen was much worse.

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What is the problem? Jalen looks the same, I do not see the JUMP in his third year. Jabari is a good player but is very immature, being young and searching for daily confidence. WE MISS KPJ! He was a talented player, who was our best shooter and would average 17-20 points a game. I thought Bullock would take his place but NO…..we miss Tari! He is a great rebounder, defender and can start over Jabari. Jabari should come off the bench until he finds his confidence because has the excuse….he is so young.

Next week we get Tari back and hope he start and we try Cam to be our KPJ…Cam looks like he only wants to shoot and not play defense or pass..oh well.

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What is the problem? Jalen looks the same, I do not see the JUMP in his third year. Jabari is a good player but is very immature, being young and searching for daily confidence. WE MISS KPJ! He was a talented player, who was our best shooter and would average 17-20 points a game. I thought Bullock would take his place but NO…..we miss Tari! He is a great rebounder, defender and can start over Jabari. Jabari should come off the bench until he finds his confidence because has the excuse….he is so young.

Next week we get Tari back and hope he start and we try Cam to be our KPJ…Cam looks like he only wants to shoot and not play defense or pass..oh well.

16. Downtown Sniper

Imagine how stupid you have to be, to blatantly lie about something.

Here's a hint for you bozo: THE VERY FIRST SHOT OF JABARI'S GAME TONIGHT.

Also, just for the absolute lols. Jabari's wiiiide open choke last night.

I wish I could say it was difficult to find those things, but it wasn't. If you had any credibility, you sure would've lost it here.

I guess it's a good thing for you that you actually have none.

Here's some more lols just for you:

Imagine a player who is meant to be a 3 and D.

Not be good at 3s.

And wait for it, not be good on D.

Goodness. Gracious. Me.

You know a player has a really, really, really low bar... when his onlyfan has to repeatedly harp about 8 rebounds. YIKES.

HardenReturns, maypk and CXbby like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No way this is true nor does the Rockets seem to believe it is true by the assignments and moves they make.

BTW, Ime flat out said that he was trying to get Sengun off the court while Curry in the game. Why is this?

I'm not coming after Sengun at all, he's a great young player with lots of potential but this picking on Bari gets tiring. This narrative that he's a terrible defender is just that, a narrative, that isn't true. It's not based on any data at all and is based just on a fan's eyetest which is about as reliable as my cat's opinion on the game sometimes.

EDIT: Should add I DO NOT THINK SENGUN IS THE WEAKEST LINK ON DEFENSE....I think that's Green. I think Sengun is mostly pretty solid on defense but you can tell quick guards that can pop off screens for 3s really target him.

Stephen_A and AuburnRocket like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

BTW, Jabari had the highest net rating this game and is the one getting blamed around here for another loss.

Stephen_A, plegus, Mr.Scary and 3 others like this.
  19. AuburnRocket

I didn't say he would be replaced, he's certainly be on the floor as a forward, not as a center if we got a Lopez like quality center. Listen, I really like Alpy. he's doing great. We need him...hope he continues. I'm not sure how he will hold up against the bigger true centers. If he's the worst player in the starting line up, why does he double Brooks rebounds (8 to 4)...have 3 more assists (including one better than FVV), third leading scorer behind Alpy and Jalen.So, I'll go along with Jabari needs to get better but facts are one thing, your opinion is well, your opinion.

20. AuburnRocket

It's just unreal...really. It will be like this every game...no matter what he does. My Rockets are #1 with me but maybe He'd be a better fit elsewhere. Hell, we have a guy running point who was 2-13 with 8 pts. and had one less assist than Bari and zero rebounds....and same old crap. Will FVV be ok ? Of course...just a down night.

JayGoogle likes this.