1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Who gives a s*** Dusty has got us here to this point let's give him his respect!

IBTL likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Low energy, not a grand slam, wrong score…

Between Raymond & Nitkowski on TV(although not in postseason) and these low energy guys on radio, that’s rough for Rangers fans!

travfrancis, JeeberD, jim1961 and 4 others like this.
  3. Yordan The Great

OK "that person is not real" was the perfect ending to that video, lol. Well done.

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I don’t think he was trying to get a 2 inning save? I think he was planning on using Alvarado, who is their best reliever, in the 9th instead of Kimbrel.

Yordan The Great likes this.
  5. Yordan The Great

Last 6 games for Altuve at Globe Death Field

7 HRs

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If you are an owner and don't want what Lunhow created, cheating allegations be damned. Then your will to win should be questioned by the fan base.

This Astros run is similar to what we grew up watching as the Yankees were so dominant in the 90's/2000's. There are kids in Dominica/Puerto Rico/Cuba who want to be Houston Astros when they get older.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I just don't understand why the crew chosen for the ALCS is full of umps ranked in the bottom half in game calling.

I can't erase that strike call on Bregman that would have more often than not been called a ball in highschool.

8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Alvarez leads the Astros in HBP with 13. But no one comes close to the Biggio records. He holds the Modern record with 285 and was just 2 short of the All Time record held by Jennings whose 287th was hit in 1903.

Interestingly enough, Jose Abreu was 6th on the current player list I was looking at, but I didn't get a date it was compiled.

Stephen66 and Hey Now! like this.
  9. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

They already do which is why I want Yuli Gurriel back as a Latin Liaison in the front office. Make it happen Dana.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Framber needs a quick hook in game 6 because I do NOT WANT a wild west shootout game 7.

napalm06 likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What a ****ing game 5 win though.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

We were in Fort Worth for my 13-yo son’s baseball tournament this past weekend. We had to listen to the start of game 1 on our drive from the field to the hotel (~30 minutes) - and I couldn’t get Fox to stream so our options were 1) listen to Rangers radio 2) watch/listen to Fox Spanish stream

We chose Rangers radio.

Not making this up: after one batter, my son said: these guys are boring, and we watched/listened to the Spanish TV broadcast. We do not speak Spanish, lol.

13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

How much different does he look today than the day they called him up?

14. Major

Major Member

What Lunhow did is great, but people need to stop acting like it was all him. Altuve and Springer, two of the best players in that WS run, were here before him. He came into a team that was already at rock bottom and kept them there and drafted even more talent and built itup, but if he comes in a few years earlier, it's possible he's already out of a job by 2017 if had people lost patience in the rebuild. And tons more talent has been brought in post-Lunhow by Click and Crane in the last several years to keep this thing rolling - in particular, the ridiculous investments in the bullpen which have been critical the last 2 years, and the addition of Abreu (thanks, Bagwell!) and complementary pieces like Dubon. Lunhow was foundational, but it wasn't all him and it's impossible to know if they'd still be on this run if he was still here.

Lunhow was perfect for the Astros and his timing for joining them was stellar. New and patient ownership, no expectations for a long while, talent already being developed in the minors, etc. It's hard to say if it could be duplicated elsewhere.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Also beaned Yordan right on the inside of the ankle.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

God this post rings so true.

AkeemTheDreem86 and mikol13 like this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Wow that’s bad. I’m pretty sure I could do a better job honestly

AkeemTheDreem86 and J.R. like this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

There's only been 9 lead-changing HRs, 9th inning or later in postseason history.

Astros have been involved in 4.

Altuve last night
    Yordan last year vs Seattle
    Dykstra '86 NLCS
    Pujols '05 NLCS

Others
    Ed Sprague '92 WS
    Joe Carter '93 WS
    Kirk Gibson '88 WS
    Dave Henderson '86 ALCS
    Jack Clack '85 NLCS

#7998 Houstunna, Oct 21, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How did the Spanish broadcast work out? Haha.

20. Elienator

Elienator Member

It’s not just the cheating scandal. It was the entire culture. The way the organization handled bringing in Osuna is another example.

The Astros continued success since then shows you can win and have a good culture.

As a fan if you are pissed people are still labeling the Astros run with an asterisk or that the Astros were singled out when other teams weren’t, then you should be upset with Luhnow and the culture he brought in.

Hey Now! likes this.