1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What is it about Singleton to where he draws the walks? Is it just his size is intimidating and you know a mistake to him might be gone. Yet, he's hit very few HRs and two were in the one game (did he have any others?). I mean...if you just threw him strikes, then he'd probably not even hit it right? BUt, he looks like he's going to hit it and hit it hard. That's how I see it. lol. Obviously, he has a pretty good eye too. But, if he's not swinging, then he's not swinging. So, dunno.

NewAge likes this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think it had a short term negative, but overall long term, I think the pocketbook has been helped out tremendously.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yep. Singleton is treated like a hitter because guys that look like him (i.e., shape) in the majors generally can hit as they aren't good defensively.

NewAge likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My question is was our temp manager calling these shots by pinch hitting Diaz and then hitting Singleton. Or, was it Dusty from behind the curtain? Anyone know?

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I got out of Judo my GF had texted me that the Stros had won and that Altuve hit a go ahead Hr in the 9th. Also there was a bench clearer. I watched the Hr in parking lot and was cheering on the car.

I watched the whole highlights this morning and even knowing the outcome and having seen the HR I was still standing up and cheering!

I also didn’t know how much drama there was in the 8th and 9th besides the HR. Who would think Singleton and Kessinger would play an important role in this series!

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She hit every branch falling off the tree

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That’s gotta be Dusty. He was seen standing in the dugout door cheering at the end of the game

AkeemTheDreem86 and kdchilds like this.
  8. Elienator

Elienator Member

Fair point. Owners don’t like being fined either way.

Maybe a better way to say it is that it’s possible to build a winning team without all the negative things that happened under Luhnow’s watch.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I actually don’t blame Garcia for his reaction on the HR. It’s a huge moment and probably the biggest hit he made in his life. We’ve seen Yordon and others slam their bats down and slow walk the HR trot.

At the same time it makes no sense Abreu would deliberately hit Garcia. That’s clearly to me a pitch that got away.

Radricky likes this.
  11. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I like Jose Octubre as a nickname for Altuve...

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Some fan reactions leaving Globe Life.

I like how Peyton Yager said they made it a “safe space”

even so she’s making me a fan of local DFW Fox

Tfor3 and Radricky like this.
  13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

They know Singleton has elite power and can crush a mistake pitch. So they avoid the middle of the plate and miss outside. Singleton isn’t a great contact hitter but he hits a high % of meatballs out. His sample in MLB this season is too small to see his true talent, but you can tell from his AAA numbers and exit velos that you don’t wanna accidentally leave one middle.

Dgn1 likes this.
  14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If it's the latter, you won't know for a couple of dozen years because it's against the rules. But like other rules, they are only enforced against upstart teams and not the insider's pets..

SuraGotMadHops and Stephen66 like this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Singleton looks like he’s done nothing but smoke and eat Taco Bell since his first game back. Any yet they walk him….I’ll take it.

AkeemTheDreem86 and Stephen66 like this.
  16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd guess Singleton was Dusty from the moment Brantley hit for Chas. Even if it wasn't Dusty, that is what Dusty would have done.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I would imagine MLB will warn both teams and if it happens, there'll be an immediate ejection. If the Rangers want to a) put a runner on; b) lose a pitcher - have at it! Bean away, Eovaldi!

But the umpire crew will be on high alert.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I was too dumb to realize this. The only way to have a pinch runner be the tying run was to pinch hit diaz for pena. We have smart people running the club

#7978 tallanvor, Oct 21, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

All likely - but it's worth noting: Diaz isn't slow - he can move.

20. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Who gives a s*** Dusty has got us here to this point let's give him his respect!