1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by austinite, Apr 25, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

33%? What?

What are you even talking about?

What was Jabari's scoring efficiency last season?

And keep in mind Jabari was taking significantly easier shots.

You really have no room to bring up efficiency with Jabari when talking about Green. It's simply irrational.

Green is shooting 47% this preseason fro. 2 games where the coach explicitly said they are running different sets for players who aren't going to get the same looks in the regular season. Literally said that.

Jabari Smith shooting decently from 3 in preseason games doesn't erase Green having some of the best scoring production on league history for players 21 and under.

2. fchowd0311

and what are you seeing in preseason to confirm your preconceived bias?

What do you see in Jabari to make this statement?

What is Jalen doing also to suggest that he's going to struggle?

Is Ime's hard nose coaching the reason Green's toenail is injured and missed the past two games?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I already closed down your arguments lol clearly you didn't read my post.

Yeah had Jabari had a bad year last so what? It's all in the past. What's important now is in SL and Preseason he has been hitting and making his shots whereas Green has been shooting blanks. If Green is shooting bad due to diff looks them it also applies to Jabari so they're still even. Keep in mind Jabari is younger than Green as well so clearly he is ahead of the development curve.

Green just had scoring production but wasn't that efficient. He can go hang with WB until his efficiency increases. I don't really care whether his production is good for a 21 yr old what's important he is efficient in terms of the NBA. Edwards already had 56% TS at age 20 so Jalen's 54% is nothing amazing to me. He is gonna be due for an extension he isn't a rookie anymore.

Tankeio and Arnel like this.
  4. Arnel

Arnel Member

You need some help dude. Seriously. Call a shrink and get your self checked out… there’s still time!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He has an affliction for Green - nothing wrong with that.

DD

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The guy can't tolerate anybody believing anyone better than Jalen Green. Every post from him is about Green, no matter what the thread is about.

Tankeio, roslolian and CXbby like this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Obsession*

roslolian, DaDakota and Arnel like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is almost like the Jeremy Lin fans.

DD

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like u said it happens, we had folks with an obsession with kpj and argued to the very end that he was a good enough starting pg when it was obvious he wasnt.

In terms of Jeremy Lin fans, the sengunatics are reaching that level. Sengun is skilled so it might b warranted

roslolian likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

There is no argument you closed down from like 6 shot attempts from 2 preseason game dude.

Another thing, Jabari not hitting his jumper makes him useless as a player. Green scores and effects the offense positively in ways that doesn't just involve making a jump shot. You understand this?

https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/player/4865/onoff#tab-team_efficiency

https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/player/5092#tab-offensive_overview

And if you want to play this stupid game of using these few preseaain games as some sort of evidence of future trends then tou open yourself up to stupid things like me using net ratings of 4 preseason games.

Jalen Green this preseason:
    Offrtg 108.3 DEFRTG 94.7 Netrtg: 13.8

Jalen Green last preseason at the same age as Jabari:
    Offrtg: 130 DEFRTG: 107 Netrtg: 23

Jabari Smith this preseason:
    Offrtg 99.5 DEFRTG 98.1 Netrtg: 1.4

#70 fchowd0311, Oct 20, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  11. fchowd0311

I know. It's definitely nothing as bad as someone like you waxing lyrical about how collateral damage is inevitable and how inevitable civilian deaths are morally acceptable because collateral damage is inevitable while living a sedentary Cheeto stained suburban lifestyle of immense privilege.

I think people should eventually realize that Internet basketball forum posters really have no power in shaming me to prevent ms from calling out opinions as stupid.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who the hell is Jake Green, did you clone your Only Guy.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Did you find a way to be pedantic to avoid actually addressing anything worthwhile?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am correcting anything that looks weird or incorrect.......especially from Only Fans.

Jake is too far off to count as typo.....might be just another guy you could have found to simp for.

Tankeio likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

you are finding anything to avoid actually addressing points.
    Btw using net ratings for a few measily preseason games is stupid.

Just like saying someone having a few game stretch in the preseason of shooting better from 3 says a thing about trajectory of a player.

16. Rockets4Life13

This is a jabari thread guys

i like Jabari

He‘s the kind of player that will fit any team because his playstyle is so easy to fit with starplayers. That in itself is really valuable because i feel like the league has a lot of talented starpotential players but very few complimentary pieces.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jabari is better than Jalen, and he’s more handsome too

DaDakota likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why are you so offended? You are saying I'm making imaginary arguments then you go on some mad tirade even talking about offensive rating lol.

I'm just talking about efficiency and shooting. I didn't say Jalen Green didn't affect the offense in a positive way. If you look at the shooting and efficiency stats Green has been pedestrian for his career thus far. It doesn't matter how many paragraphs you type it doesn't change that.

19. fchowd0311

If we are speaking in in relative terms to Jabari why even bring up efficiency? That would be a bad point for Jabari as he's been even less efficient.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cuz Jabari has been very efficient this preseason and SL and Green has not been.

Green needs to lock himself in the gym and work on his shooting mechanics with the new shooting coach. I know he worked on his body and had that workout with FVV but he also needs work done on his shot.

Tankeio likes this.