1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I agree that the pressure is directly on Texas tonight.

They do not want to face Vetlander 2-2, especially coming off 2 losses and Montgomery and his smoke and mirrors show ( and left handed) not likely to fool the Astros twice in 5 days.

Astros will win game 5 and it won't be close. The Rangers must feel tonight is must-win

Stephen66, MadMax and Salvy like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't go that far. Stros will have their work cut out even up 3-2 and headed back to the cursed stadium.

I'll glady take 3-2 though.

everyday eddie and whag00 like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its happening bro!! Win tonight and the series resets, I like our chances even at MMP... We have some important players starting to heat up...

Stephen66 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. Screaming Fist

I don't think Montgomery is smoke and mirrors - he's been about the same as Verlander this season. However, he is no Pablo Lopez. I feel like tonight is the more favorable pitching matchup for the Astros with Heaney starting and the Rangers needing to use some of their long relief to make it through nine innings.

banzai likes this.
  6. Radricky

Radricky Member

Was this on purpose or just maldy being maldy?

the11mingdynasty and Plowman like this.
  7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Chas has a hit in every game he's played this postseason. So it isn't like he's been terrible, he's just a heck of a lot better when the ball is going over the fence.

Scarface281 and Nook like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes hes been terrible in a number of important moments. timely hits are everything in the postseason and even more magnified

whiskeyred likes this.
  9. Radricky

Radricky Member

I'm a big chas fan but Dubon has to play tonight.

banzai and whiskeyred like this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

Yes?

Who was considered the “hot” team in the post-season last year? The Astros or the Phillies?

The Astros grinded out close wins against SEA and played a hapless NYY while the “hot” Phillies bludgeoned the Padres/Braves with their bats.

Nobody was talking about the “hot” Astros. It was the “hot” Phillies. Not being the “hot” team doesn’t doom a team, but it does make it difficult. It would be nice for the Astros offense to be the team described as “hot” sometimes in the post season.

everyday eddie and astros123 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

well considering the stros had the best record in the AL and 106 wins and clear favorites. It's now expected they win. being "hot" really isn't saying much when they've demonstrated all year how elite they are

Philly otoh stumbled into the wildcard w/ 87 wins. saying they were "hot" is pretty fair making it to the WS, especially when they weren't playing well for weeks leading up to the postseason

Hey Now! likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Feedback from my friend who is a Rangers fan:

They're dead to me. **** Bochy who left Scherzer's old ass in to give up 5 runs and give the Astros confidence. Now Altuve is going to get a hit every at bat, Alvarez is going to keep hitting well, Pena got going...I'm done. I know this team, they're streaky as ****, they win 10 games in a row then lose 10 in a row. Put 'em in a body bag, Johnny.

...But the Phillies are going to win it all.​

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

11-2-1

14. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

We went 11-2 last year, including a 7-0 start.

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

16. HTM

HTM Member

You can still win without being the "hot" team - nobody has accused the Astros of being the "hot" team in any of these post-seasons like we have associated with 2018 Red Sox, 2019 Nationals, 2021 Braves or 2022 Phillies with being "Hot" - when the Astros have won, it wasn't off the back of scorching hot bats. It was off the strength of a well rounded and deep roster and "enough" offense to get the job done.

Stephen66 likes this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely, on purpose. There just happened to be noone on base... That guy had been squeezing us big time, and givng them the low strike, as well as the inside acton. Maldy is a pro...that good. So, yes.

MadMax likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I hope these guys get disciplined internally for such poor showings. Unless they're being instructed for such poor showings.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Lol people are crazy. That preemptive defense mechanism goes hard