1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/18/2023 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2023.

1. J Rock

J Rock Member

It’s been fun. Goodnight Gents.

Tfor3, TimDuncanDonaut and sirjesse like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nope.

J.R. and sirjesse like this.
  3. Arnel

Arnel Member

He’s 6’4” barefoot and 6’5” in shoes.

And I just compared him to a Bradley Beal type of player who’s inefficient on offensive and invisible on defense. I certainly hope he becomes much more than that of course.

Jabari had a horrible shooting rookie year compared to expectations, so in no way am I saying he was efficient last year. I’m just encouraged that his shot seems to be more consistent now and hoping he can keep it going in the regular season as we will certainly need someone on the team who can make a jump shot consistently

I’m not here trying to pin Jabari vs Smith, unlike you I don’t really care who becomes the best player as long as the team wins.

Amel likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You care. You just lack self awareness here. You are making claims of one player being better in the long term and I am for another player but you refuse to allow another person to make that claim without labeling them a only fan. You are a only fan of Jabari from the same logic of yours.

You can regurgitate "archetypes" until your face is blue. The fact is both Jabari and Green joined drje NBA at 19 in equally shitty situations and Green showed more so far... significantly more.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I feel Rockets is the worst shooting team in NBA now.

6. Arnel

Arnel Member

They absolutely have. Putrid basketball.

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Is Udoka intimidated by Pop? What's up with this team and the Spurs?

Arnel likes this.
  8. OpportunityCost

Talk about uninspiring basketball the Rockets are playing. I'd rather watch paint dry. The Spurs are fun to watch. Lots of back cuts, screens and movement.

Arnel likes this.
  9. Arnel

Arnel Member

:D:D

I don’t have 10,000 posts slobbering over any player here like you do with Jalen. That’s why my perception of you is an “only fan” and you got riled right away as soon as I made a random comment that Jabari’s midrange fadeaway looks good and could be a “go to move” lol

I’d be thrilled if Jalen steps it up this year. I’m right there with ya. Let’s go Green! :)

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So many franchise players

Arnel likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Francheesathan Williams da GOAT!

napalm06 likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Took almost all of them to get this franchise loss.

J.R., roslolian and napalm06 like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed the game, but apparently I missed Jalen’s minutes on the court, heck, and Bradley Beal’s. That’s a hell of a thing. Not only that - it seems our coach is intimidated by Pop, who asked the press to hurry up so he could go drink some wine, which he followed with, “Can I say that?” Clearly, though, he didn’t care if he could say it or not. My guess at the time was that he had plans to go drinking with our coach and his staff. Like I said, just a guess.

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Hard to evaluate the team with so many people missing. But definitely hard to watch. Gotta say I loved how Ime attacked the Wemby matchup on both sides of the ball.

roslolian likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Most of the time coaches expect you to play defense (I know that is laughable considering we just had Stephen Silas as coach)

4 of them were fouls where if he didn't play defense and pick them up - he'd be getting chewed out on the bench by the coaching staff.

His first three to me were incredibly terrible.

I can't remember his others except the second of his come from behind the post player ones, which was a definite foul.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Amen is already one of our best defenders. Love the way they are using Bari and he’s making strides. I am beyond worried about our lack of shooting.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm now starting to reconsider my fantasy draft strategy of getting Sengun at all costs.

I am just absolutely dumbfounded at offensive sets which have him parked in the corner.

I am also getting the Yao Ming days PTSD of seeing no player on the court able to feed the post, instead forcing Sengun to come all the way out to near the 3 point line to be able to get the ball - on the few possessions where he's looking to post up.

He is definitely missing some bunnies which I thought would be gimmes around the bucket though when he is getting it. 100% think Silas' voice is still in his head.

18. Arnel

Arnel Member

Have no fear about shooting, Dillon Brooks will be back soon!

19. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh… I guess we can hope?

The Spurs are going to be one of the very best defensive teams in the NBA sooner - than later. Wemby and Sochan are really nasty defenders.

HakeemOnlyFan, Aruba77 and Arnel like this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

this