1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Never.

That ship didn't sail, it sank.

KPJ will never play in the league again. He will be playing in Siberia where they threw batteries at PatBev.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

true to your moniker :D

3. Dredd

Dredd Member

I understand that DD and Bobby are regularly going to see him in prison.

Is this true?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Depends on the sentence.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

DD only if conjugal visits are allowed.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

he’s just trying to become his agent and stage the greatest comeback in NBA history

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have been entertained by this question and your idea.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rockets should sign Miles Bridges. Really good player and if he's in a different state he can't violate the court order.

10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Brace yourselves. There's been no punishment from the league because his girlfriend and her attorneys have said the information that was released to the public was innacurate and misleading.

She hasn't given any statement to the police. There's been no photos of her online with any cuts or bruises. One of the first things police do when there's some sort of assault or domestic violence is take photos of the victim. There won't be a case or punishment from the league if the charges are dropped. Whether folks like it or not, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Im not defending KPJ, but because of personal experiences and experiences from people I know who look like me, I'm holding judgment until whatever the truth is comes to light. Especially since he was in Manhattan where Jonathan Majors was falsely accused of strangulation. "What is the league waiting for?" You cant punish anyone based off an allegation. If she and her attorneys came out and said he did it, then things may be different. The league has no choice but to wait to see what happens when KPJ goes back to court on the 16th.

I know y'all can wait to see him locked up, but it's going to be ok. Just relax and enjoy the new look Rockets until the trial - if the case doesn't get dropped.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No photos in public does not necessarily mean the police did not take photos of her. Not having given any official statement to the police does not mean she did not talk to the police when they arrived at the scene in response to 911 call.

There has to be evidence the police have that is not accessible to the public. As posters like @heypartner has pointed out, DV cases are criminal prosecution by the state, not by the victim. It does not need accusation by the victim although without the victim's cooperation the case can be more difficult.

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

So the organization did a disservice to him?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They do not change.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

After Royce White and KPJ I think this organization needs to stay away from experiments like this...it doesnt work.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

And Terrence Williams...

daywalker02 and Amel like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Royce White. The perfect representative of an NBA player that would be a Trump supporter.

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Idiots gonna idiot. He’ll find a way.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bruh :rolleyes:

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

There are plenty of guys that were super successful yet headcases.....that isn't the problem, the problem is that they weren't DV abusers.

I can name tons of players who were questionable character wise, yet were very successful in the league.......which is why I was ok taking that risk with KPJ.

I am concerned though if his GF doesn't cooperate, and they drop the charges, that sorta throws him back on the Rox lap......then the Rox can cut him......which is what I hope they do.

The NBA is littered with players who were charged with DV, most of whom continued playing. It is time that changed.

DD

#3140 DaDakota, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    topfive and NewAge like this.