1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 10/10/2023 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I know its going to happen that there will those that expect every player to be better every game played.

Please dont. Give it till January at least? All Star break, even better.
    ------------ ---------- ----------- ------------
    Now we have a starting point.
    A reference point to where these players began their journey together.

Without doubt, some guys will flourish quickly, others will get better more slowly.
    Likely, at least 1 guy will surpass most peoples expectations.
    Likely, at least 1 guy will bust.

I for one look forward to seeing how it turns out.

don grahamleone and RocketWalta like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Amiga and don grahamleone like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My mistake. You are doing both. Connecting them as both "clueless bozos" and still Green as a "vagina".

Regardless no matter the amount of homophobic centric posts and remarks towards Green in the past, now, or in the future he will always be more successful in life than you in every recordable metric. If he chooses to, I bet if you called him a vagina to his face and not behind a keyboard on the internet, he would win against you in a fight.

If you were capable (i doubt you are) of looking at your actions and realizing you actually personify the insults you attribute to Green with the type of comments you make here.

topfive, Joe Rocket and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Green seems to be a good guy, he probably turns this situation into a hilarious laugh and invites New Age to some hipster party, concert or basketball game VIP ......and New Age becomes his secret buddy.

New Age would be insane to turn that down though just because that guy is painting his nails.

If Green introduces him to the hotties, he would come around, 100%.

#1144 daywalker02, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    backwardhead and evo8lover like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Last year's preseason when the Rockets went 3-1, averaged 120.4 ppg with a +13.5 net rating.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

In pre-season, I think the eye test means more than stats.

Denovo and don grahamleone like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

For real. He from everything I have seen seems like a nice person. He still needs help with public speaking. It's beyond me why a person (an adult!) goes on for years with homophobic insults for a player. If he never develops into a great player that sucks but why with rhetoric like that?

I hope humans can evolve into something better eventually. There are still quite a few ignorant & pathetic ones walking around presently.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think people touched on it, I think it has to do with education from the earliest stages that some people did not learn to speak clearly when they were children.

And yeah the newer generation is weird about sexuality and everything......that can be too much.

I chose to mostly be indifferent about things I do not fully fathom....

I am concerned as well but I would not live to see it. The next generations of Greens.

9. SamFisher

Rockets looked AMAZING in preseason last year - Green in particular looked like the best player on the court and would easily challenge for all-star/NBA honors. Jabari Smith played one game and was insane.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Certain Individuals perhaps. Team offense and defense, not so much.

11. SamFisher

The Rockets team offense - particularly the starters, ran up big 20 point leads in last preseason. They created turnovers, scored in transition, did everything we wanted them to do. That's why they had a good team record in preseason

this was obvious while watching - go back and read the game threads.

The implication is that you were watching last preseason and you calmly noted all of the cracks and tempered your expectations accordingly, but in contrast last night you have noticed a fundamental qualitative difference between the 2 preseason - sorry that's just not credible

The only real difference is that shameful KPJ is not there for Vanvleet, but shamefully still on the roster. That's basically it as far as I really noticed.

HP3 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keep your mitts out of that cookie jar, DB!

13. i3artow i3aller

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry, but the Pacers did not play with a real Center.....Theis is just a sorry 6'8 dressed up as Center.

Also downgraded at PF or they were always weak at that with Toppin.

And they did not have their best 2 PGs....mainly Haliburton and Nembhard who was out due to having kidney stones.

And Indy was still within 6-8 pts for most of the game. Not that Indy was a serious playoff team anyway.

SamFisher likes this.
  15. NewAge

NewAge Member

good retort, kudos.
    however kevin pelton had done the deep dive and found predictive value… your awesome anecdote notwithstanding

16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Love that we no longer have KPJ and Josh Christopher - they were such dead weights.

From the highlights, team looks refreshed with new energy.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Well, my friend, we noticed different things.

cryout75 likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Brooks getting ejected and giving Tari more run was a godsend. Once Tari learns the essential non-nut-tapping defensive techniques from him, Brooks will make a nice trade piece.

I mentioned it a while back that Cam appears to just have "it" as a baller and future star.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good luck to the next franchise that employs Dillon Brooks.....hahahaha

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Can’t wait to see Dillon Brooks on Thursday. Before getting ejected, him on the floor was like the Rockets were playing 6 on 5 on the defensive end. Certainly passed the eyeball test.

don grahamleone and jim1961 like this.