1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Is there evidence of hamas using American weapons?

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fra William Occam, not sir, sir.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Since yesterday, I wanted to say this seems like Russia is behind this.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Lord have mercy

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#525 Ottomaton, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can see Russia try to find USAs weak spot

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The entire narrative of human shields is so funny.

An insurgent/terror group with no official conventional military amongst a population of millions in a city with a population density of 30000 people per square mile.

Try dropping ordnance on a area with 30000 people per square mile and see how impossible it is to avoid civilian deaths.

astros123 likes this.
  8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Hes scared for his life. Egyptians are claiming they have evidence. This will be spicy

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Those hostages are as good as gone - this is the inevitability, but there is a silver lining once Hamas starts showing videos of them cutting a five-year-old girl into pieces on video or a grandmother-Do you think how many people are going to have sympathy? It's not going to go well for Hamas- they already killed 1000 innocent civilians brutally, and they have 100 more at their disposal of children and women mostly - I say, let them make their videos - Hamas will be effectively ended soon

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And it is inevitable for a people who live in fear from terrorists attacks and rocket attacks to want to punish those who they feel are doing so.

In fact just recently a Jewish friend who has lived in Israel accused me of being anti-Semitic and wishing Jews death because I pointed out how bad collective punishment of the Palestinians while Hamas was killing and kidnapping Israelis.

What is inevitable to you also goes the other way. That is why there is such things as "cycle of violence."

12. fchowd0311

Can your Jewsih friend get out of a situation of fearing violence by getting a visa to the US or just go to any Western European country as they don't require a visa for Israeli citizens?

How long does it take for the average Palestinian to migrate to the US form when they initially start the process?

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sorry I missed this earlier.

As we've discussed while MLK did say "riot is the language of the unheard" he also said he believes violence is self-defeating and firmly stood against it.

Mandela was improsoned but still made peace with DeKlerk and renounced violent revolution.

You keep on talking about what is normative and rationalize violence (by certain groups) yet ignore all the instances when bold and courageous leaders were able to overcome that.

Your arguments just boild down to nihlism.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I noticed you didn't answer the question.

She's in the US. In fact she's in Texas. She has family in Israel and lived there herself so it's very understandable that it's personable for her.

But then again based on what you're saying her and her families suffering isn't "normative".

15. ROXRAN

It's the cycle of love brah ...you kill 1000 civilians, we will kill 10,000 or 1 million if necessary to eradicate Hamas - you have to love this :)

16. fchowd0311

Are you saying I'm pro civilian murder because that is the implication of your reply here.

You'd say the same thing to MLK as you've said to me lol. I have literally said the situation is inevitable from a non-normative analysis and that Hamas murdering civilians will solve nothing and no Israeli civilian deserves to be murdered. I don't know how that's any different than what MLK said about violence and riots. The only proposed solution I suggested was divestment and sanctions something MLK probably would say is a valid tactic and obviously Mandela would also as literally the international community divesting from the Boers government was their downfall.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It does but in Israel and Palestine I'm very pessimitic it will.

I don't even have to see the news to get that feeling. Just seeing my social media and the positions taken on that show that even those who aren't directly in the conflict area can't agree.

MadMax likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thanks for making my point.

19. fchowd0311

I would say she's a victim of her media consumption.

20. ROXRAN

Exactly it's my point as well - Hamas did no favors to the Palestinian people