1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

they still have to pay that money but it goes to nba charities or something

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

NBA teams continue to pay salary during suspensions. However, the money goes to the NBA, instead of the player.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's been a week.

What is the NBA still investigating?

Who wants KPJ?

Cut this fool. If paying him the extra money hurts, take it out on Stone for signing him.

groovemachine, kubli9 and Dredd like this.
  4. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think if KPJ is on the roster at the end of next week, our owner had better be asking for Stone's resignation.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Better that then giving it to him.

groovemachine likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well hopefully someone will want his contract to unload a vet or essentially buy draft capital. My feeling is that if there is any PR hit, it won't be much because he's going to get waived before the season starts and all people will remember is that he was persona non grata with the NBA/Rockets.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ArtV, groovemachine and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  8. Dredd

Dredd Member

What did bridges get?

Rockets welcome him back with open arms.

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I understand the idea of a diamond in the rough. However, a multi billion dollar franchise should know when you're rebuilding and have multiple high lottery picks, you DO NOT "give the keys" to a dude that has a history of ish. Period. They have the transcripts. They KNOW the truth. To have that punk in the locker room and on the court with their core was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen with a professional sports franchise. It's not just his crazy character and off court offenses, but his complete lack of ability running a team. What were these young dudes going to learn from him? How to iso? I think they learned that in their driveway.

If anything these young ones were learning how to disrespect the game.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stone really has some explaining to do regarding his infatuation with KPJ

Stone thought he was living out the script from that fake movie “The Blind Side” acting like he adopted this clown…

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

So KPJ fans are flat out lying about things. I cant say Im surprised lol

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

mikol13 likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

And yet also...

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I looked it up after the first post and it was all I could find, but it was on reddit so unsure if true....

DD

topfive likes this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We’ve wasted 125 pages talking about this sociopath. We can’t have this dark cloud overhead when the guys report to camp.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why is the NBA taking so long?

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Going to wait for the trial I bet.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Which is why the Rockets should actually say something instead of floating ludicrous, intelligence-insulting trade proposals to Shams.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The NBA has to do their own investigation and has to be careful to avoid lawsuits. They also have precedence that has to be considered (Bridges for example). Some of the initial reporting about him breaking her neck has been debunked by the prosecutors so I’m sure they are trying to get an accurate accounting of what happened.

They will definitely suspend him, but if the charges are reduced or dropped they will have to adjust their ruling according to precedence to avoid the inevitable lawsuit. Not excusing the NBA, but trying to explain why it is taking so long.

I, personally, think he should go to jail and if so his contract should be null and void. He should be suspended until the trial is concluded or until it is settled out of court. He should not get a penny in the meantime. The Rockets will stay have to pay the nba during his suspension, and, that is fair given their complacency for his past behavior. The NBA has always been a corrupt and immoral league, given their manipulation of referees and their obvious interference with the lotteries in the past.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Houston Rockets, by the by-laws, they can’t suspend or waive him while this investigation is going on," Wojnarowski said.

Can we cut him or not? Sounds like Woj is saying no, that we can't waive him.

DD