1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its incorrect that it wasn't reported. It was reported that he got into a physical altercation with a coach. A lot of us called for him to be dropped KPJ fans of course called us crazy. I assumed it was SIlas that he got physical with, Im shocked that anyone would try to manhandle a nice guy like Lucas. This pisses me off a bit.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have never been more pissed off and it takes Silver so long to handle that POS.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Drops from potential All-Star to regular player/starter.

AroundTheWorld and Dredd like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Pretty hard to prove..... or really have any idea. The fact of the matter is Stone and his staff did pick them. It's the Sengun and Tari picks that really stand out.

Hard to know.... but Tilman certainly seemed to let Stone draft as he saw fit. I certainly don't think Patrick was scouting and doing analysis.

I think Sam Hinkie showed to keep a low profile when blatantly tanking. And not every GM wants to give a bunch of interviews and be in the spotlight.

Still very much TBD... but I think Stone did a pretty good job at drafting and building out our war chest. I have no idea how much he will succeed when winning matters and decent chance he will be gone in a couple.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I could attest to that, Morey mostly gave fans some gimmes and some nerdy answers......

Stone really just does his job and then post pics of his championship wife and his lifestyle.

When he is not in the middle of interfering with practices and with Silas, coddling the ego of KPJ.

#2325 daywalker02, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I freak out anytime when DD likes a player I also like. The curse is real.

Moe, BamBam, DaDakota and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If saying “KPJ is a very talented player” is a wrong take, you don’t know basketball.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

y’all do realize when people say KpJ has all star or perennial allstar talent it doesn’t mean we think he IS A STAR. It means he clearly has talent that sets him apart from most in the league. Putting that together on a consistent basis and improving mentally and physically is what MAKES that talent the all star they can be.

this is not an outrageous take and is shared by almost everyone outside of this board. You just want to be different if you say otherwise and it was an easy hedge considering KPJs mental woes that he wouldn’t put it together. But to deny he isn’t a highly talented basketball player is just out-friggin-rageous.

DasouthDakota likes this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

lol what? This board is the only place i have ever heard anyone say he had a chance to be an allstar level player

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Umm nah, you don’t just make up this silly claim that everyone outside of this board shares your same delusional logic. Doesn’t work that way. This board with the group of kpj Stans who are known as the worst posters easily, try to promote the silliness of star and kpj. It’s always been nonsense in reality.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a loose cannon and as player too inconsistent.

Folks mistake inconsistency for huge potential lmao...

#2331 daywalker02, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    clos4life likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Lmao by who

clutchdabear and kubli9 like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tim MacMahan broke the story, and Shams quickly confirmed. It was always a “heated discussion” or “heated altercation” involving Lucas, including both Wood and KPj, with KPj throwing an object. Aside from throwing the object, I don’t think it ever came out that it was physical or he charged Lucas requiring security to intervene.

Here’s the original thread. First post has the two tweets by MacMahon and Shams. Read page 47 too, for an KPJ apology article in the Chronicle, and a tweet by Jackson Gatlin saying he was told it was no big deal.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...-leaves-toyota-center-during-2nd-half.314337/

i3artow i3aller and J.R. like this.
  14. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong again. He’s maybe talented at a pickup game of one on one. He isn’t a talented team basketball player at the pro level.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJ is still catfishing people? Fancy dribbling and making a tough shot here or there does not mean you’re all that talented

KPJ has Jordan Clarkson level talent at best

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Is that Rotimi?

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

that's the kinda stuff that players value and view as being good, the jamal crawford cross you up and make a tough 2 stuff

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Ok fine. Let's not use minutes per game. Total number of minutes played for Marvin Bagley

Year 1: 1567
    Year 2: 334
    Year 3: 1112

I mean I can spit out facts all day. While you can continue to talk about how the Kings are all about accountability when they obviously gave Bagley all the chances they possibly could despite him being consistently a bad player in his whole tenure there.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The article below says the two had to be "separated" and I dont know what that means to you but to me that means breaking up a fight.

Also I dont generally use Clutchfans as my only news source, shocking I know lol I knew at the time in my head that there was a heated argument with Lucas but I guess wishful thinking and the way they worded some things made me wish it was "He argued with Lucas but fought another assistant coach". So whenever you see me talk about the incident you see me say he fought a coach.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-...alftime-after-getting-into-a-heated-argument/

Also I'd like to point out how everyone on Twitter assumed and rightfully so that KPJ was a goner.. except of course that idiot Stone and KPJ's enabling followers.