1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/1-2] C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of C.J. Stroud?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. YES

84.4%
  2. NO

15.6%
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Yeah and the fact is, nobody cares whether you are a season ticketholder or not. You have a negative attitude about a fresh start for the franchise. That's on you for not moving on from the past.

You are still arguing with posters 8 months after a game in which Ohio State had 3 drives without their two best WR's out.

He had a 3 and out.

Then walked the team down for a field goal to extend the lead and then made clutch play after play to give them an additional chance to tie against the heavy favorite Georgia.

Had they made the FG, you wouldn't be saying ****.

b****ing about scoring 2/3 drives against a defense filled with NFL talent without his two best receivers just makes you look like a moron.

just stfu or find another team.

2. raining threes

As far as the season ticketholder thing goes, I was just trying to expIain to you why I still follow the team. It's about friends and family, something you probably cant understand. I like the team building (Draft) and strategy of the game. So I really dont care what you think. This team isn't rebuilding in the correct way and the only reason Stroud was picked was to fill up the stands. This is why this isn't going to end well. Ownership has and always will suck until the McNair's sell the team, which unfortunately wont be until a couple of years after Janice is no longer with us.

Fell free to disagree with me, but your level of condescension is palpable. I guess things can be this way when your pom poms are blinding you. BTW, I enjoy college football way more than NFL football.

3. tmacfor35

My condescension has left you alone for the last 4 months while you have whined and cried about something you can't change. Still harping about something that happened 8 months ago explaining how that is a reason our current QB will suck. You are a toxic poster. Did the Texans touch you? I'm tired of reading these threads filled with your whiny negative posting. What is your end goal b****ing about Stroud

Its time to stfu and move on to another team.

The same fans who used to talk about how Crane needs to sell the team and stopped supporting didn't get to reap the rewards of the golden era of the Astros. This is a part of being a fan of a sports team. Bad and good.

Living in the past is weak.

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

Sounds to me like a ‘he’ll be back when the OLine is healthy’ play…

But we’ll see…

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wasn't this the reason why Bryce Young was supposedly undraftable and would absolutely not be the number one pick according to some?

Didn't some supposed doctor on another board say that? Now, the spin is that this dude got his patients mixed up, or what?

Let us not overreact...

6. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Trader’s doctor friend, trader also said Bryce is a 4th round prospect.

7. raining threes

LMAO, I'm not living in the past, I'm predicting what's going to happen in the future. It's why I chose not to renew my season tickets. So yes, there was something I could do about my personal choices. Disagreeing with the Stroud pick isn't whining. What I find funny is your ability to make it seem like anybody who disagrees with you is whining. BTW, I will make my own choices about who I choose to root for or not root for. But thanks for your impassioned thoughts on the subject.

8. tmacfor35

You are in a Texans fan forum repeatedly mentioning how you think their new franchise QB will fail. Read the room. Nobody cares. The fact you keep mentioning it means you are trolling or have a low EQ.

It’s honestly bizarre.

9. raining threes

I'm just giving my thoughts and hope I'm wrong.

Does everything have to be sunshine and rainbows to be a Texans fan?

How about reality, I'm going to keep responding to posters like I'm responding to your. If you don't like this then you're going to have to find a way to get over it, or not. I really don't care about your feelings.

All of this because I think Stroud will end up being an avg QB. SMH

10. tmacfor35

And admits he is a troll. Another addition to the block list. I suggest everyone else does the same.

houston19519 likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You are a whiny little b****.

Calm down you hall monitor, not everyone has to agree with you. Who do you think you are? There are tons of people that don’t think CJ is the franchise

12. Buck Turgidson

Ignore List only works if people use it, instead there's 7 replies to their inanity on every page

13. tmacfor35

Sorry it hurt you in the feels. I actually have zero issue with people who think CJ will be a bust etc. Its ok to have that opinion and to be honest, its more likely than not due to past first round QB's and that trend.

But to come on here every day, and trash the team's QB without a semblance of logic just makes you a toxic hater.

And to do it in the team's forum.

There is a place for yall. Its called NFL Reddit.

We know you don't like CJ. You don't have to remind real fans who are hopeful he turns in to something every single day.

We don't need daily negative reminders why you think he will be bad.

Do you not find it weird how the majority of the room finds themselves arguing with you and Raining every day? Does that not for a second make you think you should let off the gas or are you to egotistical to let it go? This is very strange my parents didn't give me attention growing up behavior.

Or you are just a troll....

14. raining threes

I'm a bigger fan than you can ever imagine.

I've spent over 6 figures on their subpar product.

This give me plenty of cause to question what the Texans have done this offseason. Too bad you wont be able to read my response because instead of debating you just put people on ignore.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry bud, but I am a real fan. Far more invested than you, and I actually care about the future.

There are many here that don’t want Stroud, sorry that it hurts your feelings and that you are more of a player only fan rather than a fan of the Texans

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

We made the right pick.

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You’re looking sillier by the day.

mario_v, Zen Tabak and Two Sandwiches like this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I love the way he hits receivers in stride.

Rudyc281 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

When he has time in the pocket, Stroud looks like a Pro Bowler. Going to be exciting if the healthy line ends up being as average-to-good as we thought it would.

Rudyc281 and Sooty like this.