1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yes and it sounds like he's following in the footsteps of his father which is sad! That's why Im saying he needs help

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay but i guess I am not aware his father had this wide range of felonies......but a large one.

(2 sides - one side say he shot her - one side said a young girl wanted to see his automatic and it went off)

His dad helped someone during a bar fight and got shot lethally.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bunch of white knight dudley do rights are in here microanalyzing people's posts....

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

DD

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ron Artest may be a great comparison, but the issue with Ron wasn't that he never grew up. It's that he had experienced severely traumatic events and had serious mental health issues. I suspect it's much the same with KPJ. Which isn't to say it excuses his behavior at all. Ultimately we're all accountable for our actions. It does put it into context though.

Much like Ron Artest, I hope he gets the help he needs and finds some peace. I'm just not sure he should ever be allowed to play in the NBA again, assuming these monstrous allegations are found to be true.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Artest weirdly found it a bit with the Rockets but mostly with Kobe.......and had success, changed his character and name.

(Under the showers episode.)

#2186 daywalker02, Sep 17, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    clos4life, Plowman and Williamson like this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yes and it sounds like he's following in the footsteps of his father which is sad! That's why Im saying he needs help
    100%. Im not saying he should not be punished for his actions but the Word says God forgave a man who sinned 7x7 and who are we to thank we can't FORGIVE KPJ?

Its up to him to want change, its up to him to get better but I can't look down on anyone. We all have fell short

#2187 hlmbasketball, Sep 17, 2023
    theDude likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is probably not the right comparison because most of us are law abiding citizens and mostly peaceful.

Our sins are mostly probably looking at a girl too long or telling an inappropriate joke at times.....vs. The Crimes of KPJ...

Very much not the same! That is at least 10k km stratosphere above ours or 10k km deeper in hell....whichever perspective you select.

groovemachine likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The Stones cannot hide from having enabled this criminal.

BonziWellsGOAT, Nook, Yung-T and 8 others like this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My brother, Im not trying to turn this into a bible study but the Word says ALL sins are equal, no sin is any less than the other....ALL sins are the same! Im not making it up.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know but not every guy here is religious. I know what ancient folks etched into a stone table......

Others with the Quran, the Torah, Sanscrit, sutras .......

Living in a modern society, one can turn to religion for redemption for sure but we should be trusting in science, forensics, technology and law.

groovemachine likes this.
  12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Ancient Folks? Your belief is way different than mine.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Pfft, I turn to religion to show hypocrisy....lol...

DD

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In this case, I trust that the police are competent enough (although we have our doubts).

The law will be sufficient but we know they let athletes off the hook way more lightly.

On the medical front, okay, mistakes were already made.

Basically hanging at the whim of one Adam Silver.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't completely trust the police, especially when it involves African American folks, but I do somewhat trust them. What I put more belief in is someone like Jackson Gatlin talking about the DJ incident or Nook talking about behind the scenes enabling.

The Police in this country have lost a ton of integrity with their rampant racism and corruption.

DD

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not worry about it.

With the immense global media pressure, they will do at least something. (If there is really footage of her running out screaming) (With or without blood)

Granted the evidence is whatever they say it is minus broken neck.

You have witness reports of that security guy that opened the door and other staff.

Cops wear body cams, they have body cam footages. (Porter broke or thrashed things?!!)

Intoxication reports, drug test......

#2196 daywalker02, Sep 17, 2023
  17. Dredd

Dredd Member

What’s more likely?

KPJ playing with the Rockets this season

or

KPJ one day appearing on “I Am A Killer” on Netflix.

Joe Rocket, Yung-T, kubli9 and 2 others like this.
  18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Here is what I believe will happen, not because it is right or wrong, but it just seems to always be the way with athletes.

At worst it will be pleaded down to a misdemeanor as she refuses to cooperate because her meal ticket might end up broke and she is being practical looking for a settlement.

KPJ will be dumped by Houston, and will need to go overseas - he may get a shot in the NBA again, but it will be a couple of years, and not in Houston.

People will move on as the Rockets start to win, and this will be a back page story about our tanking for 3 years and KPJ was a major part of it....

The Rox will move on, and never look back as will 99.9% of it's fans.

DD

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More evidence = more incrimininating material against him.

Whatever the suspension is

Goal is precisely to stop him from returning to the league this year and hopefully the next years.

He has guaranteed money for a year and that is very hard to deny him IMHO.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

You actually believe such crazy stuff? So to you Murder is the same as coveting your neighbours wife...

Posts like this explain so much.. mostly that you are probably a troll account.

Yung-T, Joe Rocket, kubli9 and 2 others like this.