1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It shouldn't. The faster this is resolved and the faster he is off the team, the better for the Rockets.

2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

That’s easy to do when you don’t make millions. We can’t understand what kpj went through.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think thats debatable. We were hopeful about how hed fit in not being the starting pg, but we have no idea how hed respond. I do think without him around the picture is a lot more clear.

don grahamleone and DaDakota like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I concur, but you know that when this much $$$ and a contract is involved, they are going to cross every i and dot every t just to make sure their ruling is concrete to protect themselves from lawsuits.

I suspect that the Rox want the contract voided as does the NBA - so they will make sure to be very thorough and probably include the players association so that no challenge comes up to their decision.

That is why I think it will take some time - and a lot will depend on whether the girl participates, or decides not to, as so many of them do.....I see this as a Mason Greenwood part 2 situation.

DD

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Right? "Um, yep, bruises and breaks. Hmmm... And who else was in the room with her? ... Oh, nobody else? Hmmm. Let's investigate further. *DERP*"

I actually think we'll hear something definitive early next week at the latest. Silver would want to make a league-wide display before this exits the news cycle. (But what do I know. Not much about running the L.)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is also true, he may want this gone before the season starts, as it is a dead NBA news cycle......we shall see.

DD

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Same thing as when I responded to SamFisher's ignorant post. You're inserting your own sentences into what I wrote. Just because I don't spend all goddamned day writing a post with every opinion. Did I say Silas and Lucas delayed KPJ from doing harm?

And it isn't the Rockets' responsibility to play Lucy Van Pelt. The doctor is not "in". Sure, KPJ is a problem kid. They took a chance on his talent. Kept thinking they got a steal in acquiring him. Sometimes it seemed that way, often it didn't. Obviously it hasn't ended well.

But you really want to think the former coaching staff didn't lean over backward for KPJ and Green? Stone probably let things slide (not THIS incident, mind you), not wanting to be wrong. I don't know. Maybe Nook can step in with his take. He seems to know some of the inner workings.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Just like I pinpointed in a post earlier concerning Omar Epps, things happen. He was 45yrs old and he was accused of the same things.

He's a respected actor, pillar in the community, all around well good person, so it seems and he lost control.

That's why I refuse to judge people. Its easy to say, I wouldnt do this or that. We don't know until we are faced with it. And I hope most of us wouldnt do what KPJ did but if faced with a different circumstance, a different issue what would we do?

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is generous but I am a normal guy by no means a trained professional or a guru to be around those guys, walking on egg shells around them until something minor triggers them to explode.

You can be sure that most people like to talk things out before hitting a fly.

I am not equipped to deal with them.
    All there is to do is avoid harm.

#710 daywalker02, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  11. Dredd

Dredd Member

She said Porter applied "pressure to her neck by forcefully squeezing it, causing her to experience difficulty breathing, redness and bruising to her neck, and substantial pain," the complaint said.

Gondrezick was taken NYU Langone Medical Center, where doctors said she suffered a fractured vertebrae in her neck.

Porter is due back in court on Oct. 16.

Rockets play the Spurs (October 16th)

[​IMG]

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ime doesn't have to worry about KPJ anymore and that is probably a good thing in the end.

DD

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude it's obvious you are letting your own court basketball opinions effect your takes on domestic abuse.

Again, let me be clear, Silas and Lucas have zero responsibility in what happened this week with KPJ.

And in reality they most likely delayed KPJ falling apart and doing something even more tragic earlier.

This has nothing to do with you wanting offensive system that isn't backcourt heavy. Stop it.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's reported by Shams, Amick et al that the guaranteed playing time mandates for Green and KPJ were imposed by Stonetitta, and that Silas wanted to play Wall, Gordon and the vets more (something everybody here would have screamed about).

B-Bob and Corrosion like this.
  15. fchowd0311

OMG the fracture isn't from him hitting her but strsngling her? I don't know why but that just seems a lot worse maybe because if you are strangling someone hard enough to break a bone in their neck area your intention was to murder.

Dredd likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The situation is beyond awful and outrageous. And I feel for her. Just beyond words.

Wanted to give @topfive major props for packing DaDakota's ass up.

#716 Deuce, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  17. fchowd0311

Is Green now more prone to domestic violence from this "coddling"?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Punched her in the face. Fractured neck vertebrae. Total piece of ****.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ockets-kevin-porter-jr-fractured-18362034.php

Porter was ordered to post $75,000 cash or obtain a $100,000 bond to secure his release. He was also ordered to stay away from his girlfriend, former WNBA player Kysre Gondrezick.

Porter is due back in court in Manhattan on Oct. 16. The Rockets are scheduled to play a preseason game that day in San Antonio, with their regular season tipping off about two weeks later.

A message seeking comment was left with Porter's lawyer.

According to a criminal complaint, Gondrezick told police that he punched her repeatedly in the face with a closed fist, cutting her above the right eye and causing bruising and substantial pain to her face.

Gondrezick said the NBA star also forcefully squeezed her neck with his hands, causing her difficulty breathing, redness and bruising to her neck.

Hospital testing showed that the woman, 26, sustained a fractured vertebrae in her neck, the criminal complaint said.

19. corrado

corrado Member

He will look great in orange.

Dredd likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord. A guess on my part, but this must not have been known when Porter was released on bail. A bail of $75,000 cash on an assault this violent seems far too lenient. Porter should be sitting in a cell, in my opinion, bail refused.