1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to not to inform the police when she was running down the hallway yelling, hotel staff would have called for her.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem, sometimes good human beings do not make successful coaches, it is just as simple.

Dredd and groovemachine like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Doing it in a New Yorker hotel downtown, where the media will eat you alive .......this kid was very dumb......

Next level dumb. Next to being a really atrocious human being.

Any on court IQ is flying out of the window, I would not touch him if I were an NBA team but I guess other teams will wait a year and still give him the minimum deal.

That is how the NBA is at the moment.

fckbandwagons and Dredd like this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

On a real note if he ended up embracing his roll as 6th man I would have been happy to have him. Having said that I have VERY high hopes for Amen so its whatever.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketb...rter-sr-taking-closer-look-sentencing-in-1993

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

How do you know she locked him out because he was drunk and angry? Maybe she was jealous of the fact that he was out late and was retaliating by locking him out. Maybe that instigated the situation.

How do you know he was drunk? Maybe he left to avoid the situation earlier, came back and she was still arguing, which caused the situation to get worse.

Im not taking sides, because I don't know. The only someone who do know is them. The NBA will investigate and then we will find out. Im not ashamed to admit that I have made mistakes but as I got older, I learned to WALK AWAY! Life teaches you lessons.Some people fail the test 2,3,4,5 times before they get it.

Many people continue to point fingers at KPJ but I continue to say....DUDE IS 23YRS OLD!! Think about what you were doing at 23yrs old? And think about what you could have been doing at 23yrs old making $15M per yr? And think of it like this, obviously he was trying to do the right thing, because from what I'm hearing, they had been in a relationship for over 1 or 2 yrs. As far as we know, he wasn't out there with multiple women. So he was trying to do something right by being in a relationship.

But as we all know Life Happens! He made another bad choice and I know people who have made many bad choices but have later turned their life around....And they were much older than 23yrs old at the time.

#606 hlmbasketball, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    DaDakota likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

KPJ must've been pissed about Boban coming back. I know I am.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

rockets are cursed.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The details are coming in slow not like with NBA trades.

So yeah much we do not know.

• What we know is the call for help came in at 6:45 AM.
    • We know he came to the hotel in the morning around 4-6 AM.
    • Know from the news that she likely screamed for help and was in the corridor of the hotel.
    • We know she was not pleased with him coming back this late (or this early in the morning).
    • Locked the door - Porter called someone to unlock the door.
    • We know what police said about scope of injuries (larcerations, broken bone, neck pain, bruises)

#609 daywalker02, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Dredd likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not as much as the Jets

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This was probably posted earlier?

iJHolmes and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I knew somebody would eventually come with the dumbass talking point of “he’s only 23”

I wasn’t beating up women at 23 and sending them to the ER

for some reason, even in your early twenties, you’re not expected to have common sense or self-control :rolleyes:

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I read that post and the only thing that surprised me was that it didn't come from DD or BTG lol

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

when I was 23 years old I wasn’t assaulting my girlfriend. That’s not one of those things you get to use age as an excuse for.

DeBeards, Yung-T, YOLO and 6 others like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Violence leads to violence. The cycle continues

16. mightybosstone

I know that KPJ was a polarizing player and person in the GARM, so I can understand the desire to gloat. (I neither loved nor loathed him, for what it's worth. I've always just been cautiously optimistic he would turn it around.)

But, again, I think if you're using this as an opportunity to gloat, you should take a step back and reexamine your priorities. A woman was beaten. A man's life is ruined (and rightfully should be; he's had his chances). And that man was a Houston Rocket. It's not a good look for this franchise or the league for that matter.

In terms of the actual roster, I don't think there's huge ramifications here as I never really saw KPJ as a true building block. But anyone thinking yesterday was a good day should take a few minutes away from Clutchfans. This is real life, dude.

Rashmon, DaDakota, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Can we cut KPJ, take the money and give it to KOJ (Kelly Oubre Jr) ? He's still a free agent and could fill the backup shooting guard spot. I know he can be a bit of a bonehead but at least he's not a wife beater.

Thoughts?

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You mightn't be able to dissociate the basketball side of this to the real life side, dude.

But not all of us are incapable of doing that.

Understanding the putrid reality of KPJ's actions, doesn't mean I cannot be over the moon the piece of sh*t is no longer going to be a Rocket.

Save your wannabe psychology lesson for someone else, dude.

YOLO likes this.
  19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

If NBA is taking care of this case, and with the little info we have, I think they will suspend him a year and he won't get paid.

20. mightybosstone

A Houston Rocket got arrested for beating a woman. There's no "wannabe psychology" lesson chief. It's the very shitty reality of what happened yesterday. You dont need to be a genius to see that and feel bad about it.

If you agree to disagree, maybe just drop it and leave it at that.