1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

So did he hit her with a fist or a bowl of soup?

Rokman likes this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If you almost kill a girl, you're bad. Choking someone takes more than a split second he had a plan. She locked him out, likely because she knew he would come in drunk and angry. He got the damn security to let him in and then he bruised her face broke her collarbone and choked her out. I don't know many people worst than that.

BigShasta and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yup New York doesn't play with domestic violence. He is in the NBA but he isn't exactly a huge star. Maybe if he were a Knick or Net he would get off easier.

4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Obviously, I meant what I know of KPJs personality as the basketball player and not his personal life. As fans, we see their personalities on display almost every other night, and you cannot tell me there isn’t something there. Basketball players are bad actors. To me he seemed like a kid looking for positive redemption off and on the court after given a second chance, and seemed to be really trying and I found that somewhat inspiring. I’ve been very critical of his play and his actions off the court, but was still rooting for him. It takes a split second for someone with past behavioral issues/trauma to get triggered and make a monumental mistake like this.
    I’m aware of his attitude, pouting, sulking at half court, etc. doesn’t mean I didn’t want him to improve and become better. It’s okay to want to see ppl become the best they can be. However, I’m not condoning this incident, the Rockets have to cut ties ASAP.

Rashmon and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You said you liked his personality and then went on to say he has an attitude problem. I will just let you think about that for a second.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

LMAO!!

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Damn! Didn't hear about the collar bone. You break a woman's bone in a beating and your definitely going to prison. Crazy!

raining threes likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Welp, Cam Whitmore minutes.

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The saying "faith without works is dead" applies here. He gave KPJ no structure or discipline and gave him everything he wanted. When I heard we got Fred my first question was "How will KPJ react". When people asked him about coming off the bench he was visibly angry. Thats because your saint and standard basketball coaching idiot gave him everything and this is the first time he will be told no. He has probably been angry all summer. No telling how many times this young lady has had to put up with him. You dont start with choking you usually start dv with verbal abuse and pushing and slapping. It eventually ends in death of the girl doesnt find a way out.

#589 Joe Rocket, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kevin Porter calls himself The Joker. He was arrested in New York. Is there a Arkham Asylum. It just lines up with his Tragic Story.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Or in this case: where there are lots of little fires, there's bigger fire.

12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I said this would happen in numerous posts. Simple lesson- Don’t make the leader of your team a thug. Next man up is Amen!!

13. TimDuncanDonaut

14. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plaxico Burress did hard time back in the day for shooting himself in the leg in NYC and he played for the Giants. KPJ might get sent to Rikers! I guess we’ll see how much of a head honcho he really is.

15. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

If only he had A relationship with Josh Christopher like Green had, he wouldn't be able to abuse him for several reasons!
    1)They'd be to busy Fcking even in the middle of a "party".
    2)He and josh would be too busy shopping for stupid ass looking cloths...
    3) Christopher is a grown man...harder to choke grown ass men...

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What a horrible offseason. Lost KPJ and KMJ. Massive talent out the door.

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

….oh and forgot to mention that Green and Christopher embarrassing thing. Thank goodness Nix is returning or at least that’s the rumor.

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Massive talent bahaha yes they garnered us massive Ls each season. If the Rockets incentivized Ls they'd both be getting the Max.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. Sengun

Sengun Member

+
    Miles Bridges surrendered himself to the police. KPJ was arrested in reverse handcuffs. That's the big difference.

Joe Rocket likes this.