1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

How dumb do you have to be to throw away a completely and utterly blessed life?

2. a time to chill

If Stone had not given KPJ that extension last year we probably wouldn’t have had to waive TyTy and Usman. We invested a lot in KPJ (competent PG play, chance to see others develop under a real PG, etc) so it sucks to see it turn out like this.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's not a shock, unfortunately. I thought he was turning his life around. He has to be cut from the team immediately. It's a blow for the team.

DeBeards, Rashmon and i3artow i3aller like this.
  4. Dredd

Dredd Member

I wonder if Silas is crying tonight.

DeBeards and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Let’s not forget who’s truly to blame.

[​IMG]

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Was watching NBC nightly news (a national program, not local affiliate), KPJ's arrest made the news. Segment was quick, but Rocket's team was mentioned. Not just news in the sports arena, it's making round nationally.

We need to cut ties with this dude; don't want his name associated with our team.

#566 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I’d bet on a person like Silas every day of the week and twice on Sundays. You don’t get it wrong by leaning into human beings being the best versions of themselves they can be. I get it was time to move on from him, but Silas is a good human being. And his commitment into KPJ is admirable.

Rashmon, Easy, IvanLCPM and 12 others like this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I was ****ing with reeko. Silas has nothing to do with this, KP made his bed on his own. When you have the kind of talent KP does folks will line up to mentor you, intentions aside. Sadly it looks like after all the best care a multibillion dollar industry could provide it wasn’t enough.

AroundTheWorld and MadMax like this.
  9. Dredd

Dredd Member

Considering the team has no nationally televised game….. I call this a win win situation. Prime time coverage for Tilman and Landry’s Seafood.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Reading this thread, I think many of us a grasping at straws on how the Rockets, or people who care about KPJ could have influenced him to avoid this.
    The Rockets didn't give Porter that contract, or made his deal so contingent on his behaviour for nothing. He is that talented and he is that volitile. I think the front office has been well aware of his issues.
    Appealing to somebody's self-interest, or some kind of logic, or even morality is not going to work with a guy like Porter. I don't pretend to know him, but his impulse control have been issues for years. Nook intimated that KPJ was unwilling to address his issues enough (through counseling? medication?) and that the organization enabled him. Stone may well be called to account for this.
    The Rockets are in a different place now. KPJ came to the Rockets in a talent vacuum with a lot of incentive to tank. Those days are over. They will turn the page on KPJ and should.

Rashmon, Amel, AroundTheWorld and 3 others like this.
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Violence isn't the answer, haven't you learned from KPJ's mistake? There is no reason to cut anyone.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yes Ipaman knows the exact reason you should beat women.

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

would you rather hang (onto) him?

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Speak for yourself.

KPJ gone is a highlight of the past few years.

YOLO likes this.
  15. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

This completely sucks. This story is terrible and regardless of where you’ve been on KPJ, a real human person having been harmed by his actions in this manner is abhorent.

saleem and Corrosion like this.
  16. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Yes but he had to make it to a certain point to where it would become guaranteed.

Miles Bridges was in the Carolinas.. Big difference on a domestic violence charge in NY. Also miles didn't have a long list of incidents like kpj does. 2 completely different circumstances.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Obviously, I meant about what I know of KPJs personality as the basketball player and not his personal life. As fans, we see their personalities on display almost every other night, and you cannot tell me there isn’t something there. NBA players not good actors. To me he seemed like a kid looking for positive redemption off and on the court after given a second chance, and seemed to be really trying and I found that inspiring. I’ve been very critical of his play and his actions off the court, but was still rooting for him. But this incident is different… It takes a split second for someone with past behavioral issues/trauma to get triggered and make a monumental mistake like this. Hopefully this is more clear.

#577 Rocketeer, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    Rashmon likes this.
  18. NewAge

NewAge Member

Bridges case was in LA, which similar to NY.

I guess the biggest difference is that Bridges' woman didn't actually go to the police, she just took pictures of her injuries and posted them online. So "bodily injuries" were only "alleged" in that case, and if it had gone to court Bridges attorney would challenge them, and the DA would have to prove them. Here the woman was taken to the hospital under police supervision, so evidence is pretty clear and damning.

That's what I got from Google, anyway...

DaDakota likes this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

See this is the clear example of what you do. No taking of responsibility for how you have acted and attacking others for telling you the truth. IT IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE. THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ALPEREN FANS DID NOT SAY WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT KPJ JUST BECAUSE THEY LOVE SENGUN. HE IS BATSHIT CRAZY. No one is celebrating. We are stating a fact. You tortured everyone here who said anything about KPJ's negative state and now that its clear that you are the problem you cant handle it. You are more divisive than ive seen any poster on any board. Its all just about manipulation and winning to you. This side vs that side. "I lost you cant tease me for it" Thats all im getting from your posts. no accountability just like KPJ. No wonder you defend him so hard youre basically him without the proof of violence.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Thats still bad. He has one of the worst on court personalities in the league.

HardenReturns, Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.