1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said earlier, a woman was beaten and the Rockets got worse today, anyone celebrating this is a scumbag.

Corrosion, mightybosstone and whozee like this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Some of those woman-beaters are women -- see WNBA

Is there really "so many" offenders?

There are thousands of athletes, and about 10 cases/year

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

This does not sound good. I will be shocked if he’s on the team within 48 hours.

Only positive is we are removing a negative.

Crashlanded19 and Joe Rocket like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dipshit.

I’ve said it before. Pro leagues need a mentoring system. Player association vetted and assigned ex-players who also have some oversight (so they’re not just partying or spending the young player’s money)

DaDakota likes this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This is a MB full of a bunch of people talking **** about sports...Dakota is a big boy, I'm sure he can handle ribbing and I told you so's which I'm sure he expected after defending KPJ tooth and nail for the past couple of years.

It's not that big of a deal. People are serving a little crow today. I'm not a big fan of it. It's a little tough to swallow, but I will eat it when I deserve to.

topfive and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Suck that it probably took something like this to finally get his punk ass off the team.

Crashlanded19 and Joe Rocket like this.
  8. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

You hate to see it, but if I had to pick a player most likely to commit a crime it would have been KPJ.

Welp more minutes for Cam Whitmore suddenly opened.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

A ton of players come into the league every year and do just fine. The NBA gives coaching and classes to teach people how to be professional and manage their money. Hell Porter had a hands on life coach here in John Lucas.

Some people can't be helped, Porter is huge outlier.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  10. studogg

KPJ needed a mentor in high school. He needed a counselor at UCLA. He needed deep therapy after Cleveland. Sound like he needs jail time after Houston.

guy had John Lucas as a mentor, a gm enamored with him, the keys to a team given to him but it’s not enough. No NBA mentor was saving him.

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

Is this the same sister that was arrested for domestic violence against her NFL player husband? That’s what twitter saying. Wonder if it runs in the family

JumpMan and Houstunna like this.
  12. studogg

The rockets did not get worse. KPJ’s role was going to be a ticking time bomb this year. he wasn’t going to get the minutes he wanted. It’s likely has already been in a negative mental spin thinking about it leading him into destructive behavior ahead of the season.

A toxic personality is being removed from the team. There is no universe in which that doesn’t have a positive impact on the team.

I hope this is the wake up call that gets to him. He’s got a humbling path to walk ahead of him.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Well said! This is the approach ALL of us should take. I hope his girlfriend heals and she can find someone better.

This is his third incident; one in Cleveland and two here. Sad to say but he needs help. Wasted talent.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Going by the video showing him arrested, he didn't look like he was on the end of any abuse himself either for a self-defense argument. The injuries she suffered on the other hand (blunt trauma severe enough to break bone and strangulation), that's pretty damning for KPJ.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Never cared for KPJ and was disappointed he got another deal. Good riddance. His basketball career should be the last of his concerns.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Wow! That might get HER in jail. She'll get her chance during lunch to kick his butt since she's sitting in the jail cell next to his.

Funny she called him a sissy b**** for his painted nails like the rest of us except for a few clutchfans who insist on defending his immasculating behavior. I wonder if they'll defend him now that he beats women.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He isnt the only idiot but he is the most obnoxious one and was a complete ******* to anyone who tried to speak about KPJ being a headcase. It got so bad with him that he even got angry if you complimented Jalen Greens play. I recall saying that Jalen Green has yet to show us his dribbling skills and he will get better each year. I also said since Jalen was our top pick that we should have tried him at pg first because of KPJ's mental issues and DD went off on me. Even though this is after the off court issues and the leaving the stadium. Nope not allowed to say good things about Jalen lol You have to dickride KPJ and ignore the mental issues. DD and all of the Rockets top social media guys are completely blind and biased when it comes to KPJ. They should be called out on it.

18. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Seeing KPJ get beat up by women would make my day. Ngl.

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Yeah he looks fine but you never know. I honestly don’t even think he should hit back if she was swinging at him or something. Just buy another room. Your rich dude

I just don’t like the gas lighting from the beginning with locking out the hotel. But he should’ve just left. Sounds brutal enough to where he’s either a piece of **** or accidentally hit her two hard hard defending himself but that’s not a excuse. Though that big of a girl swinging at you might hurt

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And the strangulation?

Joe Rocket likes this.