1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Had the rockets dealt with his behaviors properly, it would have been at least a better look for the org now. This is really bad for everyone involved.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Damn. I feel bad for his partner. That's rough.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

There's an 11 year old player like that on my team. Pleasant off the court and on the court is crying, kicking, threatening to punch teammate the moment we start losing. I don't even want to coach anymore because I have to play him, don't want him near the team

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are people seriously trying to blame a woman being beaten to fans who rooted for KPJ because they were enabling him?

Seriously? That is a dogshit tier talking point. Nobody is a bad judge of morality because they rooted for a player who eventually beat a significant other with severe injuries. The only people who deserve criticism and hate their way would be people STILL defending KPJ in terms of giving him another chance after the fact.

But don't make people's difference in opinion on basketball matters into a dividing line where one side accused the other of enabling someone to a point of severe physical abuse to a woman.

Dakota didn't enable a wife beater because he defended KPJ for a long time. Is he defending him now? No.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

OK, great job, Carnac the Magnificent! You get a “I won Clutchfans" sticker…
    My question is, if you knew that, did you do something to warn the girl?

6. mightybosstone

We can mock the Rockets' front office for their prior mistakes or say that they never should have given him the second chance in the first place, but at least they had the foresight to sign him to the contract they signed him to. They can cut ties with him and they're only on the hook for this year's salary. They need to do their own investigation here, but there's no wiggle room on this. If there's a strong likelihood he did this, he shouldn't be playing on an NBA team.

He wasn't super likely to be part of the long-term core anyway and was about to have his role significantly reduced. This hurts, and it's unfortunate for him. But they need to cut ties and to it quickly.

don grahamleone and FarmerFish like this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And this is why I have maintained that the road to redemption is measured in years, not months or days. Looking at you here, @DaDakota who tried so hard to excuse away all of KPJ's past flags because he was good for a year (patently false by the way). This is why we gave him the contract that we did. Had nothing to do with trusting him. The only positive from all this is that we can all FINALLY move on from the failed project that is KPJ after giving him unearned $16M to hire a lawyer and try to buy his way out of trouble.

#207 chenjy9, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    clutchdabear likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is precisely why I think he had split personality, he had ways to charm her in the first place and kept the demon side under surface.

How he snuggled up onto Udoka during the presser, I think he does have good manners.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Never ignore the patterns. How unfortunate.

10. PatBev

PatBev Member

If she was mad about him coming home late hours then maybe alcohol was involved

From personal experience ain’t nothing worse, besides hitting a women, then sobering up in a jail cell from a drunkin haze realizing what you did

Hank McDowell likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seems like a have it both ways thing to post, but I dunno. Could be taken as defensive of Rafael (people want to see him and Rockets implode, etc. just cause they like "destruction.") or should could literally be alluding to KPJ himself which would make more sense especially with the last part about destroying yourself.

That being said, given the history here, it seems to be a defensive tweet about Rafael. If that's the case then I think it's pretty sad, and doesn't speak well about the culture that is going on in our front office, and surrounding personnel (obviously including close family, etc.). This aint about you Rafael. You can cut bait here. You don't HAVE TO defend KPJ here. You can move on.

I REALLY REALLY want to give Stone the benefit of the doubt here and try and exclude him on this occasion from any blame. He obviously did not abuse a women himself nor did he condone it organizationally. However his wife expressing a potentially DEFENSIVE position for Rafael on this matter (if that's what this is... making it about Stone for some weird reason) that is abhorrent.

This isn't about you. You can defend yourself for giving him a chance after weird locker disputes. You DO NOT HAVE TO defend him for beating his girlfriend.

don grahamleone and Nook like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

I'll wait until more evidence comes out. But if this is true, cut him, done. I defended him a lot here because I thought he got overdue hate due to his play style, but nah man, this is unacceptable.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

future Rockets Legend™ incoming . . . need a KPJ appreciation thread

JoeBarelyCares and HP3 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Similar stuff regarding Royce White. You were too desperate for talent and you overlooked what a horrible young guy you had in the first place.

Yeah, Kevin Porter just hid it better. Hid it behind anxiety, mental illness....which is more and more likely.

HardenReturns and AlperenSengun like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nook likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He doesn't have to be fired over this.... IF he can separate himself from KPJ which seems to be a problem here. He doesn't HAVE TO be loyal to KPJ under any and every circumstance.

If Stone cannot break his loyalty to KPJ in THIS SITUATION... fck him. Tillman absolutely should fire him....but there's no reason for that. Stone should take a stand here, and separate the actions of KPJ from what he stands for. Will he do it???... Every second that Stone delays looks awful.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Man, I was actually really ****ing rooting for this kid to turn his life around and have a long career with better mental health and an actual future. ****ing unforgiveable, hitting somebody is bad enough, but how bad do you have to beat somebody to break a bone? Cut his ass, he'll spend the rest of his cash then burn out most likely once he gets out of jail. There's no excusing this, this isn't a 6 of one and half a dozen of the other situation, this is a 6'5 200lb athlete breaking a young woman's bones and putting her in hospital. Also, people blaming his fans are ****ing idiots too. Fans don't control the athlete, it's on his dumb/abusive ass for making that choice.

don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

That is not gonna be a pretty good bye thread.

don grahamleone and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He got hate because he was a knucklehead who constantly made poor decisions. His style of play simply amplified that.

Little Bit and clutchdabear like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Did I say she is?

When she alludes to what is going on with her husband on social media - having an opinion in response if par for the course.

I didn't denigrate her either.