1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If true, he needs to be gone. There is no place for him here. Go get help with that anger before it’s even worse.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Bullshit he has temper tantrums on the court too. It was obvious.

3. a time to chill

Miles Bridges is still playing with the Hornets. I wouldn't say never, but he's going to be hit with a hefty suspension. His career with the Rockets is probably over. This is going to really weaken the bench because I was thinking he would backup and compete with Green for the SG position. Perhaps this opens up a path for Cam Whitmore to be utilized more this season.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Kpj is Stone’s home town pet project, went out of his way to bring him here and force a starring role on him, gave him that contract when no other team in the nba would have. If I’m Tilman I am livid and Stone’s ass is on the chopping block. Udoka can handle dual coach/gm role.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really sad to hear this. He just couldn't get his **** together at the end of the day.

Was looking forward to seeing how Ime would utilize him. Thankfully only this year is guaranteed.

Hope she's ok.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Cut him. So much talent. What a ****ing idiot. KPJ had all star potential.

Never will understand men that beat women.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was happy to see he’s only been paid $8 mil or so from the NBA. That will be gone quick assuming he hasn’t already blown it.

This is definitely worse than what Ja did and the NBA will suspend him for the year.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Imagine sitting in that jail cell knowing you just ****ed up your life

Been there. Terrible feeling

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

There were clear signs.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm going to save my empathy for the woman he beat up. Broke her bone and strangled her, SMH.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I supported KPJ, but f@#$@# him. The Rockets don't have to pay him because most, if not all contracts that domestic violence can void the contract. Sadly, KPJ is still immature and may never learn. He is part of Silas' problem, smiling and enjoying after every loss. We need players who care about winning then care about his hair, or having a NBA life. Good riddance.

12. AXG

AXG Member

Sad it comes to this, but can we get out of Porter's contract? His talent is not worth the trouble he brings.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

DUI?

14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

So has anyone said ‘it’s not like he killed his girlfriend’ to defend him?

The whole thing was a **** show for a long time. This incident and Silas thing show how poorly rockets have been managed last couple years.

Little Bit and HardenReturns like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

In my own defense, I wasn't gloating about being right. I've met KPJ and found him to be a nice kid during the short interaction I had with him. I truly hate to see him continuing to go down this route, without the capacity to take a breath and realize how his actions in the moment are wrong and will greatly affect his future.

And there's a huge difference between gloating and pointing out one poster's hypocrisy on an issue.

xaos, don grahamleone and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

The next step would be the girl suing him and taking his boxers off his ass.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Is this the same girl he’s put videos out of working out together?

apollo33 likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Im gonna say i told you so and i really dont give af who doesnt like it.

I did have hope that he had turned a new leaf on and off the court, but all this does in reinforce my vibe checker and my ability to read people.

Some tried to downplay the throwing food at a Lucas and leaving an nba game at half time, but for me thats when i lost all trust in him and i said at the time id have instantly cut him. Then people tried to gloss over the lack of self control on the court and the incident where he wouldnt exit the game.

Anyways, if he beat this girl hes just confirmed hes an immature pos, which is what ive suspected all along.

Its a shame we had to stunt the growth of everyone else on the team catering to this turd but hopefully we'll come out better on the other side.

#158 xtruroyaltyx, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Okay.... Felicia.

The problem is that there were a LOT of signs that Kevin Porter Jr. was not the type of person you wanted on your team, and not worth investing in. Yet your husband repeatedly enabled him.

Your husband choose poorly and he needs to address it - also KPJ DID have someone one to destroy, he broke her nose and tried to strangle her.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I find it sad that a human being is throwing their life away man. My hope was that KPJ was being rehabbed and that he could move on in life to continue just living a good life. What a wreck man. Poor girl that he beat up, no one deserves that.

Assuming all this checks out, he will deserve jail time in my opinion and of course, we need to cut him immediately. There is no room for that kind of character on any professional team.

BMoney and don grahamleone like this.