1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Week 1 Texans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Ryans' handling of training camp has to be called into question given all these injuries

raining threes likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Still surprised Dalton Risner hasn’t been signed

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Any off the field issues?

4. Qan

Qan Member

I thought it was injury related.

5. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Did Ryans hire the entire 49ers training staff? That team has a SB caliber roster every year but two of three years injuries end their season by week 3. Rather not bring that here.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Qan

Qan Member

Anyways, it was weird Howard was practicing with a cast on anyways.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Texans 17
    Ravens 31

8. Qan

Qan Member

With the Ravens interior defensive linemen, I don't think the Texans have a shot at running the ball against them. They better be able to take advantage of the Ravens secondary...not like its bad either. Texans not going to score much this game.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Maybe. But could also simply be a combo of injury prone players plus $hit luck.

Qan likes this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

No, I really have no idea.

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans safety Jimmie Ward remains out with a hip injury. DeMeco Ryans said safety is one of their deepest position groups this season.

Jimmie Ward not practicing again today with his hip injury. DeMeco Ryans said he’s “day to day,” but it’s becoming more unlikely he’ll play the later in the week it gets.

Texans wide receiver John Metchie and linebacker Blake Cashman are both not practicing again with hamstring injuries

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Fan hope outcome: Texans 24 - Ravens 23
    Realistic result: Ravens 27 - Texans 17

Keys for us...
    - Contain Lamar and force mistakes... put pressure on new offense and hold ground on running game/
    - Sustained drives to eat up clock and put points on the board... running game and short passing game has to be on point.
    - Win +/- for turnovers... CJ has to take care of the ball and our defense needs some big plays--hoping Mr. Anderson shows us some stuff!
    - Can our special teams do something special to make a difference in the game? Calling on Tankster to do the deed.

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Ravens forfeit due to engine problems on their plane. Texans line practiced against an absent defense.

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I would be very happy with a one possession game. Especially if we win of course.

The person I'm watching the most Sunday will not be CJ Stroud...but Will Anderson. Hoping he starts his career off with a sack.

ROCKSS and Shark44 like this.
  16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

My prediction is Ravens 24-10 Texans, this is still a process, and is the first game, for the rookie QB and for a rookie head coach, its going to be about a learning process, and with injuries in the O Line is not going to be good.

Im going to be more focus on the defensive part how Stingley improves now that he is playing man to man, instead of zone coverage, and Will Anderson and the defensive front vs an elusive QB like Lamar Jackson.

17. Qan

Qan Member

I'm just going to watch the game to see development and enjoy it, having no winning expectations for this game. Whether the Texans decides to run the ball the majority of the game or pass. Either way, I get to see Pierce and/or Stroud working.

I just hope the Oline holds up.

houstonstime likes this.
  18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Agreed. For me it’s not about whether we lose, but how we lose. I just don’t want complete breakdowns on defense, dumb turnovers, etc. play clean football, let the wins come when they do.

Qan likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

NO INJURES

conquistador#11 likes this.