1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 18, 2023.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. ****ing stupid.

2. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And we know Dusty ain't passing up an opportunity to drink

3. ktex

ktex Member

Bad pitching and anemic offense- not exactly a winning combo. Also, wtf is wrong with Yordan???

4. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

The pitching is particularly troubling. Especially Framber and Javier.

I applaud Framber for skipping the WBC but he still has pitched a lot of innings the past 16 months.

It's almost too late to give them any kind of rest but hopefully an extra day between starts (every Thursday in September off and 6 starters) my help.

Winning the division, and potentially 3 fewer postseason games may help also.

If this team goes on another deep post season run, the team should probably find a way to give each of them some extended rest before the second half of next year if it doesn't want this to hinder next season as well

5. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

This team is in a must win situation today, which is bad because Dusty usually throws the entire bench into the lineup on Sundays.

I would be shocked if Julks isn't given a start in left and really hope Tucker can return.

With Yordan slumping (it happens), Tucker out, and Dusty refusing to bench Maldy, this team is laughably bad vs RHP.

At least 2 lefties lineup to pitch against them in the upcoming Boston series

It's time for this team to show some stones and go on a 8 of 10 type run.

Stephen66 likes this.
  6. Screaming Fist

Y’all are gonna get smoked I’m afraid. Texas going to leave this conference the same way they came in - as champs.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  7. AkeemTheDreem86

To be fair, he's really an exceptionally high quality drinking partner. Being regaled with wondrous tales of Hendrix and lysergic over endless rounds of delicious whiskey is an all time righteous hang, indeed. He's the "leave the bottle on the bar" type once you get in a conversational rhythm.

That is, of course, because I wasn't dumb enough to talk ball. I didn't like his game management then, either, but letting that preclude me from getting to know him would have been a gargantuan mistake. He's a top notch dude, and anyone with a pulse can see why he's so loved.

That being said, I wish brother would just go ahead and retire so he can focus on pursuing further his interest in whiskey consumption and sharing utterly outrageous stories of a bygone era when decent music existed and folks knew how to properly party.

Win/win?

8. AkeemTheDreem86

Must win, huh?

Y'all do realize we're a sweep away from overtaking the division, and we're in playoff position as we speak??? Do words mean nothing?

Y'all need to trade in your Ritalin and crack for some ganja, throw on some Toots, and act like you've been here before. ****ing embarrassing.

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Should be interesting how the guys come out and respond today. Avoiding the sweep would be nice.

You do wonder who Servais is going to order the Code Red on today. Hope there are no long-term issues.

10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

You realize the Mariners are only 1 1/2 games back now? With 4 games against them left?

This team showed nothing the past 2 days and now needs to avoid a sweep in the worst way.

Texas is faltering and can be caught, but Dusty and the Astros need to show they really care about that.

Tomstro, Qan and desihooper like this.
  11. CinematicFusion

Slump… or hurt

12. Buck Turgidson

Eh...I'm not one for histrionics and grand pronouncements, but this is as pretty damn close to a "must win" August game as you can get.

Although getting embarrassed again might light a fire under the entire org's ass.

13. Buck Turgidson

slurt?

14. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

What would that look like (fire under the entire organizations ass)?
    would that be taking the keys (like they do in the playoffs) from papa Dusty? playing our best players somewhat more often than occasionally?
    Deciding to recall Brantley and roster him just in case (note- he’s going to hit 2nd and likely take almost all Diaz playing time- so it is actually going to be a bad thing when he comes back- net negative)
    Or are we just going to double down with stats and logic and math are for nerds we need to let Bagwell and Dusty really cook and fix all this ****?
    I mean- I’m fine with us getting our noses rubbed in it (hell- even missing the playoffs) if it teaches a broader lesson and resets the organization to where it was before Jimbos Gm LARPing last off season and unfettered power to the dumbest (maybe 2nd dumbest with Bagwell) strategic and tactical thinker in the organization.

IBTL, Stephen66 and cmlmel77 like this.
  15. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You cannot take Diaz' playing time away. We all know who it must be.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Pretty much. That and motivate the clubhouse to get their **** together, there's been way too much lackadaisical lack of fundamentals b.s. going on recently.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Nah!

Tomstro likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1218 J.R., Aug 20, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Probably hiding an injury.

20. Buck Turgidson

He was horrible in August of last year too, then totally wrecked **** the rest of the season

desihooper and Jose Cuervo like this.