1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you - a real president would travel to Maui for a speech and done something like this. Then played golf.

Rashmon likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That town will likely need special disaster funding above standard FEMA aid to recover. Guess who will be against such a package? These Republicans that always complain about not spending enough on the US are the very Republicans that want to cut spending while giving tax breaks to the very wealthy.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I will not vote for Joe Biden.

ROXRAN and basso like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That was so embarrassing.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

good to know, but I though you can’t vote in the US?

Andre0087 and dobro1229 like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

4 years of shame is apparently not yet enough

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Correct ;)

I will also not vote for DeSantis (at least not in the next election - 2028 - we will see).

#4870 AroundTheWorld, Aug 17, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That doesn’t change the fact that the withdrawal was handled poorly.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

Lolololol the people who wasted trillions of dollars arming a fake army didn't plan a successful withdrawal! What a surprise! Maybe we should stop nation building and invading foreign countries? Maybe we shouldn't spent trillions of dollars on a nation that hates our guts.

There was no other leader in the world that would've pulled our troops out. Trump was never going take the negative PR. Obama was a p***y

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

14. astros123

astros123 Member

https://www.whitehouse.gov/invest/?utm_source=invest.gov

Theres over 50k+ projects happening right now funded by the government. Theres over 2 trillion dollars worth of contracts that are being worked on right now. Im sure if biden is so corrupt then there has to be some corruption in all of the massive contracts being dolled out right now right?

Theres no way 50k+ projects can all be clean if biden is this big bad mobster right?

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nobody cares

basso likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

In case you aren't aware, Russia now and especially back then illegally hacked and surveyed the US, and especially the US' diplomatic discussions with Ukraine back then.

I wouldn't be surprised if Comer gets his hand slapped by revealing potentially classified information. He thinks he has a smoking gun before doing his homework with the FBI to ensure that he's not revealing sources and methods.

It would be one thing is Biden was using a pseudonym to work out a business deal on the side. It's another thing when you contextualize the fact that he was in government at the time tasked with Ukraine relations to help Democratize their government, root out the Russian corruption, and bring them into the fold with the West... and this conversation was directed towards discussions with a high ranking government official.

If the evidence shows that the nature of the discussion was about Hunter's business, and using the government power to enrich himself or his family/associates... yes we'd have a problem. The nature of the discussion though is almost certainly that which is furthering the interests of the United States given the context that we already know.

Andre0087 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

I actually do care. It is quite interesting to know what the VP during the Obama admin was doing behind the scenes to checkmate Putin and his cronies with Ukraine.

Putin wanted to expand his criminal empire further into Eastern Europe. The West wanted to expand Democracy, freedom of the people, and expand global commerce in a fair & inventive way. I find it very interesting, and applaud the Obama admin for their work on Ukraine.

I only wish they would have done more sooner instead of waiting for Putin first to invade Crimea, and show his cards. He should have never been given the leash to do what he did in Crimea which led to where we are today.

18. astros123

astros123 Member

Obama was literally the worst foriegn policy president behind Bush. I never understood the obama obsession. He was only about himself all the time. He never cared for anything other than himself

19. dobro1229

Huh? I thought Obama was a good President. Just too careful, and his admin got pushed around too much. Kind of the like the President version of Merrick Garland. I don't know that I've ever heard anyone who is being objective criticizing him on the personality level though. Of course on the right he was caricatured, but on the left... yeah. Interesting.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Fox News Poll says ...