1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

James Harden says 'Daryl Morey is a liar…'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Aug 14, 2023.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Morey is required to do right by the organization over the player.

This makes James look like an immature/spoiled athlete. Thats on him.

Shouldn't have taken the paycut if this is what its about.

All Morey did his first decade plus in the league was give James a chance(he certainly would have gotten it elsewhere) and put him in a position to maximize his potential.

Bad look for James imo.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If he’s the cancer monster then Morey is Frankenstein. He gave Harden everything he’s ever asked for and gotten rid of anyone who Harden didn’t like.

You stick Harden on the Spurs in 2013 and you don’t get this player.

darksoul35, DeBeards, HillBoy and 3 others like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Morey, Harris, and co. also have a pretty enticing situation to offer Embiid if he is okay with them playing this season out. They get Harden, and Tobias off the books, and could have alot of options this next Summer to totally rebuild around Embiid in free agency.

Also it's likely that if they stay firm with Harden, he'll negotiate a buy out, and go sign with the Clippers or whomever around the all-star break. I wouldn't suspect that he'll be an issue for the Sixers for that long if Embiid gets nervous that that. It's in Harden's best interest to play the season out, and play well of course, but it sounds like Harden has the maturity of an 8 year old.

Regardless, the Sixers really really need a big year from Maxey, and Melton. Maxey especially.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You might have gotten a better one. Pop would have developed him and calmed his ego/taught him how to be effective in the postseason.

7. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

how surprising, harden is cranky again

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

James is saying something that has been obvious to anyone paying attention.
    Morey is a liar and weasel and a (non-violent) sociopath.
    “We will never trade Chris Paul”
    “It’s time to spend more time with my family"
    etc., etc., etc.,

BallSoHarden and J.R. like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of those kids have a harden Philly jersey
    It’s all rockets

DeBeards, BallSoHarden and BlastOff like this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

I don’t follow. James is saying Morey is a liar, which has been evident for years.
    Lying may or may not be part of the job description, but even if it is, that doesn’t make him a non-liar. Doesn’t mean James is incorrect.

BTW, Stone is not different:
    “We have FRP offers,for,Oladipo"
    “Sitting John Wall was a mutual decision"
    etc., etc., etc..

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He looks quite portly in that video, that anterior pelvic tilt must be flaring up.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As you just pointed out. Stone has never lied to the players. He has lied to the media and fans but they aren’t important when it comes to the relationships he needs to run an NBA team.

Morey doesn’t have to pull he had in Houston and chose to protect his job over giving Harden what he promised him. Now it will likely cost Morey his job because I didn’t see him in Martha’s Vineyard at the owners party

NewAge and Zen Tabak like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Morey doesn't need that job anymore.

I still like Morey.

Harden acting like a p***y ass b****.

Rokman likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is good I moved on from them and can just let it all play out.......

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Was it Taiwan or was it Hong Kong? I remember it being HK and Morey was very “pro-umbrella” which I admire. I was thinking about that too though, whether or not his location / audience was intentional when he dropped that big drama bomb. And I was also wondering if the Chinese people still hate Morey or if they ever even did in the first place and it was just the CCP?

I was for Harden coming back until I heard what he wanted. Then I was a HELL NO. Now this makes me so relieved that we dodged this circus.

Rokman likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Oof….

I have my issues with Morey… but Harden definitely looks like much worse in this.

BallSoHarden and harold bingo like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In before one of Harden or Morey writes an autobio on their life....and this whole charade.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Reg Stone: I don't see it as lying to the media, or fans that's the issue. It's credibility and trust that is unlikely with other GM's and front office officials that I find to likely be problematic. I've never been an NBA GM before obviously but I would assume that it's a highly relationship driven business. You get deals done with other GM's because you build trust to negotiate in good faith, and build trust that you are good for what you say you have in value to offer.

Stone's use and abuse of Woj the past couple of years to send messages to other GM's through to media just royally speaks to a lack of the ability to actually have those conversations behind closed doors, and also speaks to an obvious case of someone trying to pull a fast one on someone. Especially when you get egg on your face three years in a row. So there's evidence you weren't being straight with me.

Just something I find about the way Stone operates that bothers me. Did Morey do it too.... I think I recall a few instances like that, but not this extent. He'd talk alot on interviews, etc. but I don't remember a time where he used Woj to say they had a deal (in order to drive GM's to make a better offer) and then later get egg on his face when it turns out he never had that deal to begin with, and was just leveraging thin air.

I also don't think this will cost Morey his job at all. If anything his shown ability to deal with Ben Simmons before, and if he holds firm here with Harden that'll make him a GDamn hero to NBA owners. All of these owners are salty behind closed doors about players having all the leverage and them needing to crack down, and leverage their power of the purse. Owners I'm sure love what Morey is doing.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Theres two issues. One the FA class next year is still quite bad, I think Siakam is the best player available, but he may end up signing an extension before that.

Embiid might just ask out during this season of **** shows even before the off-season

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Maybe it’s all the brown nosers he places around himself when he travels to his home bases in LA and Houston, but I think Harden would be surprised at the complete lack of support any basketball fans have for him at this point. When you burn bridges everywhere you play at on your way out, then you basically go scorched earth on your fan base. Good luck finding someone who isn’t sucking from his teet financially to actually take his side on a feud like this.

HillBoy, joshuaao and AroundTheWorld like this.