1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

“I hear from people who say they never voted for Trump, but they will now because of how he’s being treated”

[​IMG]

Kevin McCarthy, why tf are u lying? U know damn well nobody’s told u that BS…

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Some serious issues with judge cannon...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

judge cannon appears to be opening the door for trump to skate free in the documents case. My gosh she couldn't have been more of a part of the trump defense team...

No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Hmm... what might be the reason to not want media present?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I realize as it stands now cameras are not allowed in Federal Court, but my fear is this will likely be one of the MOST controversial trials in our history and the American Public will not have a record of it on tape? Where either side can frame their own narrative on what is happening, I do not believe that is in the best interest of the country, we need transparency of some kind, I would be ok if they had an internal camera and then stream that live or after the days proceedings................and to go one step further, on the day of judgement we would all get off work so we can watch the verdict................hell, we pretty much all did it for OJ, if you were old enough to remember that open and shut case :D

Rashmon, mdrowe00 and VooDooPope like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I'd be fine if they didn't release footage until after the trial was over, but it should be recorded. It's an historic case.

As for OJ, definitely didn't watch -- I was still mad that they pre-empted the Rockets game for his stupid low speed chase and boycotted everything to do with it.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

turley, is he simply a tool for trump, or did he not pass the reading requirement in school?

Here's the footnote in question... how did turley manage to miss the bolded part?
    2 The district court also found reason to believe that the former President would "flee from prosecution." J.A. 1. The government later acknowledged, however, that it had "errantly included flight from prosecution as a predicate" in its application. J.A. 281 n.1. The district court did not rely on risk of flight in its ultimate analysis. See J.A. 195.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

On the other hand, this lawyer and law professor...

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Same dude...

Maybe turley should take a few classes from this guy?

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Ft. Pierce, FloridaCNN —
    Donald Trump’s body-man Walt Nauta pleaded not guilty to new criminal charges brought by special counsel Jack Smith in the Mar-a-Lago classified documents case, while the arraignment for his co-defendant Carlos De Oliveira has been postponed because he still doesn’t have a Florida lawyer.

De Oliveira, the property manager at Trump’s Florida resort, and Nauta appeared in federal court in Fort Pierce, Florida. They have been charged with multiple offenses related to Trump’s allegedly unlawful retention of documents after leaving office, including classified material.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/10/politics/trump-deoliveira-nauta-florida-arraignment/index.html

It's amazing that team Trump continues to find ways to abuse the law as a tactic to delay delay delay. So now it's going to just be a think i guess where if you just say that you cannot find a lawyer that you can just put off getting arraigned for as long as you want.

mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

In this case, you can certainly replace 'Twitter' with Musk.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

If he cant get one, which is ridiculous, the court can provide him one free of charge :oops:

AleksandarN, mdrowe00, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Which is crazy that the court has not already mandate a public defender to be assigned by X date. It's such an obvious delay tactic that the court just looks in on it at some point.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

TLDR Version A: The Justice Department filed a routine motion requesting a hearing to ensure Trump's co-defendant Waltine Nauta has conflict-free counsel. The Justice Department filed supporting information under seal to comply with grand jury secrecy rules. In a bizarre order, Cannon denied the motion to seal without explanation and struck the supporting filings from the record. She also asked Nauta to respond on the "propriety" of the Justice Department's use of a D.C. grand jury, even though no impropriety is evident. She invited Trump to respond too, though he has no stake in the issue.

TLDR Version B: A Judge that was once clearly biased toward Trump is doing crazy things again.

Lawfare: Judge Cannon Issues Another Troubling Order in Mar-a-Lago Case

Why Judge Cannon’s denial of the prosecutors’ motion to seal and request that co-defendant Nauta file a response brief are so intensely weird

17. Two Sandwiches

I haven't become an online law expert yet, so I'm baffled as to how this judge is getting ridiculed, but is allowed to continue on overseeing the trial. Clearly there is a bias here...

Shouldn't she be disbarred? If that is a thing for judges, as I would assume?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's a high bar to do so...in my layman's understanding of it.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Member

The Special Counsel will appeal Judge Cannon’s bad rulings. The Appeals Court will bench slap Judge Cannon as needed. This will slow down the process but a fair trail may still be possible.

20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...and slowing all this down might be the only play Judge Cannon has.

If she's playing both ends against the middle, she'll try to buy the Donald as much time as she can, and absorb the inevitable reprimands from the board if she isn't blatantly ruling preemptively in favor of her orange benefactor.

I think she's dumb, but that don't mean she's stupid. Like practically everybody else tangled up in this mess, she's not going to lose any more defending the Donald than she absolutely has to...;)