1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2023 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Joe Joe, May 8, 2023.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Meh, there’s a significant possibility that Houston pivots from JV to do something minor like Lorenzen and another reliever.

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

We will be fined and suspended like no other if there is collusion or tampering.

#4522 lnchan, Aug 1, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

What will the move nobody saw coming from Crane. We know he believes in pitching. I get them eyes for JV, but gotta believe the Astros strike for another quality arm that the stats say they can make better.

4. toby

toby Member

and if he's traded here . . . everyone will scream collusion anyway. It will be an uphill challenge and there will be an investigation regardless.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Verlander was great "in his time" which I think has passed. He really struggled in the playoffs last year. He had several awful outings for the Mets. I think he is past his prime and not worth huge money. Astros need youth.

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

After losing out to the Padres for the last 2 years I now fully expect Verlander to go there. Victims mentality

jayfree likes this.
  7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Cohen is basically paying for top prospects. Eating contracts and offering aging stars on "discounts".

Acuna is already a great get and Ohtani is getting a billion from Cohen.

I mentioned Nimmo because of the Mets wanting to shed salary for their play at Ohtani (probably doesn't make a difference because Cohen has an endless stream of money) and the Astros reported need for a lefty bat - who also plays OF.

The Raley mention made sense so I threw that out there.

Nook likes this.
  8. jayfree

jayfree Member

in other words, they passed a note to the cute boy in school but his best friend said he wasn't interested.

9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I fully support getting a starter but I think brown is a pitcher we need to hold onto. Even this year, I can see brown serving the mcculers role out of the bullpen

raining threes likes this.
  10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Brown and Julks for Soto.

Who say's no? :D

12. jayfree

jayfree Member

[​IMG]

WAIT!!!! which Brown? If Dana Brown then it's a go

everyday eddie and IBTL like this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It would look pretty bad for Crane to come chasing after JV again. His GM reign continues to look worse.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Reigning Cy Young winner. Playoffs are a crapshoot. All his bad starts were earlier in the season when he was still bouncing back from injury... and funny enough due to said injury, he is probably the most rested arm out there as well.

15. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

After 44 years as an Astros fan, I may quit if they trade Pena for Anderson. He makes Abreu look like an MVP.

jayfree likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

The Mets would really have to get a lot back for them to do any deal like this with the Braves.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But the money is tied to the prospects… and vice/versa.

Sure, the Mets will cover the salary… for only specific prospects/players…

At least they’ve gotten a chance to change the narrative that it wasn’t about the players, it was about the money.

20. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

I know that my thoughts on going backward to re-sign JV are not popular but I have heard no one taking the con side in this discussion so I will do it myself. Going backward always comes back to bite you in the asss. That has always been true in my experience so I do not tempt fate by ignoring it. In JVs case this would make the second time back. Last time he was the highest paid player to stay home with his family for an entire season. The devil has a special place in hell for those who double down on him. This is a mistake. People are talking about adding Brown to a deal like it is nothing to trade away a key part of your rotation that you control for the next five years for a forty year old can of magic beans. Insanity!