1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Joe Joe, May 8, 2023.

1. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

It's in his Mets freaking press conference Jesus h christ. U watch the dang thing.

He doesn't like the pressure of OCTOBER baseball and the pressure a team and fans puts on him.

Then turns and contradicts himself by saying the Mets are more committed to win and are a well respected team.

Do your own research.
    The responses when he said they where out wright hilarious. And they came true.
    He will never have to worry about October baseball with the Mets so he is safe

2. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

It's in his Mets freaking press conference Jesus h christ. U watch the dang thing.

He doesn't like the pressure of OCTOBER baseball and the pressure a team and fans puts on him.

Then turns and contradicts himself by saying the Mets are more committed to win and are a well respected team.

Do your own research.
    The responses when he said they where out wright hilarious. And they came true.
    He will never have to worry about October baseball with the Mets so he is safe
    Watch his Mets press conference when he signed.

3. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

He literally said what he said then spit on us while trying to contradictory say he thinks the Mets are better overall about Winning!

If that wasn't personal then idk what is.

He never said we were a bad organization or bad player or owners. Just said basically the pressure is to much for him.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

I don't think I can upload a pic (it seemed broken(, but here is the FAX post

ETA: I completely know this is a fake quote. I find the last page or so to be absolutely hilarious. Should have stated that when I first posted it. I feel dirty that skygodz is the only one that has liked this post.

#3005 Bregatron, Jul 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  6. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

What ever you say.

But I bet he won't come back here!
    Any takers?

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

More like..
    [​IMG]

8. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

As a general life rule, don’t argue with someone holding a penis replacement in his avatar, especially one who misspells half of what he types, asserts an alternate reality, and then falls back to “do your own research” (of course, the venn diagram of those things tend to form a circle).

9. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Yankees just DFA'd Willie Calhoun.

Not a difference maker but 107 wRC+ vs RHP with very good BB and K numbers in 139 PA. Has played almost exclusively LF but RF more this year. And only 28 with 2 more years of control.

10. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

There's more you just gotta find it. He wants to just pitch

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

i sure hope you understand that's a fake news page lol. otherwise you aren't very bright.

and there's even a disclaimer in small print LOL

"JUSTIN VERLANDER DID NOT SAY THIS AFTER SIGNING WITH THE METS"

It's amazing this even has to be explained in the year 2023. The future is bright in America

Radricky and Bregatron like this.
  12. jayfree

jayfree Member

What he actually said,

While pitching in New York is exciting, it comes with a lot of pressure. When asked about the pressure, Verlander stated he wouldn’t shy away from it.

“Nobody can put more pressure on me than I can myself. I expect to go out and there and be the best version of myself. I know that big contracts and big cities come with pressure but it’s something you can’t shy away from.”

13. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

And of course if your ideology about protecting your wright's makes you hurt. Then you should move to California where you can have a change in life.

14. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

Yeah, I am NOT on skygodz side at all. I actually understand that FAX has fake quotes and comprehend that. I find the last page or two be actually hilarious.

YOLO and jayfree like this.
  15. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

I went away for 30 minutes and came back to see 25+ new posts. Thought we have a trade, instead I get to read an argument over a parody account saying JV doesn’t like the pressure of pitching in playoff games. LOL

BigMaloe, Madmanmetz, BMoney and 4 others like this.
  16. jayfree

jayfree Member

I was adding to your post ;)

Bregatron likes this.
  17. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Replace Lee/Knorr with Hunter Brown/Yainer Diaz and you might have something realistic.

18. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Watch his press conference.
    He talks about it in the hour long ordeal.

So idc if you believe or not. I'd pass. And that's that.

And I'd even go as far as saying if he comes back to the Astros I'd never post here again. Period

But I know he won't be back here. And that's why I can say that.

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We need to make a great trade to stop this madness. Ok, maybe even a good one would slow it down. :D

The Beard and SKYGODZ187 like this.
  20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]