1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. adoo

adoo Member

you are still not able to differentiate monetary policies from fiscal policies.

you do know that Obamanomics was characterized by moderate tax increases on higher income Americans, no?

add to it, 70+ consecutive months of jobs creation, as well as GDP growth, his admin enjoyed subtantial increases in tax receipts (income tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, etc.)

ROFLMAO, you are the same person who had cut and pasted this gem

one can infer, from your contradictory accusations, that you have no idea what you're talking about​

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Obamas agenda was to balance the budget and cut discretionary spending.... Obama wanted massive cuts to medicare to help with the deficit and floated privatization of social security... obama extended the bush tax cuts happily

Obama wasnt even a center to left president. He was a centrist just like bill.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Yes, the Fed's balance sheets for future years will be wrecked. Fed still has to pay off deferred assets even if the Fed itself can't default from them. If you read the entire quote you pasted, it's not contradictory, but I'm not expecting much from you or your wonderful reading/parsing skills.

I guess if there's another TARP where every bank is forced to take a loan and the Fed can claim it made a profit in future years when it's paid off, then that 100B/yr operating deficit is solved!

Powell Blowhard :D

4. adoo

adoo Member

now you're publicizing that you don't understand what deferred assets are :oops::oops::oops:

just so you understand, Fed's charter does not include a profit-maximizing objective.​

astros123 likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

if you haven't noticed that i am more impressed w Biden than Jerome Powell, then you have poor reading comprehension.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I’ll be honest here - I don’t understand 65% of what you stated. It’s not you; I just have a hard time with this stuff.

The longer inversion period still seems to me like a period of either extended groupthink or wisdom of the crowd. I tend to lean towards wisdom of the crowd since the crowd consists of real investors, but that cannot exclude groupthink.

As for the rest, the jargon is hard for me to pick up the meaning, but then I have a hard time understanding the Fed’s actions anyway.

In the Fed, we trust, I hope.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

In years where we don't spend like a newly minted lotto winner, not having a 100B remittance from the Fed does matter to the budget. Congress could demand more oversight and accountability because we're still holding 8,500,000,000 in assets that still needs to be wound down (pray for Victor no recession), though likely doubtful since they're busy making 100B deficits look like chump change.

How many months have you held onto that quote without understanding that simple point?

8. London'sBurning

9. adoo

adoo Member

:rolleyes:, you're being ridiculous.

Congress, with enough votes, can always demand for more oversight.

there is no law / no charter requirement that calls for the assets to be winding down.

again, you're the same parrot that had cut n pasted this gem, in response to QT as the Fed was winding down its assets, :oops::oops:

ever since you've parroting the false narrative of "Fed wrecking the balance sheet"

10. adoo

adoo Member

yet another vivid eg of you using terms, about which, you don't understand.

just so that you understand, A deferred asset is an expenditure that is

please stop embarrassing yourself.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Dammit, I watched that minutes after eating 5 eggs for dinner.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

More like Eggs Men of X.

Eggs marks the spot?

13. London'sBurning

[​IMG]

14. adoo

adoo Member

strong labor markets have led to higher wages and historically low unemployment, the Federal Reserve’s more than yearlong battle against stubbornly high inflation —
    coupled with lingering unease in the regional banking sector — may have clouded the public’s perception of Biden’s stewardship of the economy.

more lagging economic indicators are lending credence to the success of Bidenomics,

Biden gets a boost as GDP growth exceeds forecasts
    The government reported the economy grew 2 % in the first quarter of 2023.

President Biden’s bid to tout the success of “Bidenomics” got a lift on Thursday when the government reported the economy grew 2 percent in the first quarter, a jump from previous estimates.

“This is going to be a tailwind for the economy. This is the stuff that’s going to increase productivity and bring down inflation,” said Joe Brusuelas, chief economist at the accounting firm RSM.
    It “reflects the underlying resilience of the overall economy and the rock-solid foundation of U.S. households.”

astros123 likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

it is the opposite of what you have described.

Inasmuch as deferred assets are expenditures paid in advance, and not yet consumed,

they will be amortized in the future.
    Amortization is an accounting methodology used to spread out the value of intangible assets, such as deferred charges, in the future​

when the Fed implemented QE, in addition to rate cuts, it also bought marketable securities from the banks, in the process, expanding the money supply in circulation.

for QT, in additional to rate hikes, it also sold many of its marketable securities, in the process, shrinking the money supply in circulation.
    because of the higher interest rate, many were sold for losses.
    for accounting purposes, these losses were recorded as deferred charges, which will be amortized in the future months.

#255 adoo, Jul 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Embarrassing myself would be creating a thread about comparing Russia and US's economies, then being triggered by how dumb the comparison is that you'd fat finger and derail your own topic with contents in this same thread with the first reply.

You'd have to be so self-unaware not to notice how awful you're making it for yourself, but it's the same root trait as insulting people to get them to search the results for you.
    https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN12081

Congratulations?

Will this reply trigger 3 attention starved replies with needle thin nitpicks?

astros123 likes this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

thanks for more corroboration of your lack of understanding of deferred assets, but i don't need the help.

correcting your misinformation / mis characterizaton of economic concepts

#257 adoo, Jul 26, 2023
    astros123 likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why are yall always so angry

Invisible Fan and Os are my two favorite posters to read from in the D&D, I can't lie

I fcks with london'sburning and bbob too

I want rayray10 back, god damn I want rayray10 back

19. astros123

astros123 Member

Hahahaha you like Os conspiracies. He's literally never been right about a single conspiracy. Hilarious. 99+ pages of OP EDS of conspiracies

#259 astros123, Jul 26, 2023
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Alright alright, my peace offering to Bidenomics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]