1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top Prospect Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, Jul 15, 2023.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Gotcha to you Green is clearly unintelligent and unskilled.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I don't even know what power ranking means in this context.

1- Highest ceiling?
    2- Most helpful on the court for 2023/24?
    3- The guy who will score the most points?
    4- The most improving guy?
    5- Most NBA ready guy?
    6- Closest to superstardom guy?

:confused:

3. Downtown Sniper

Well now now you're just adding words that weren't said.

I like how in your second last post you literally said "I’m sorry but some of you folks are ridiculous"

And then just went and made up nonsense hahah. I admit it was a good laugh though.

If you think Green has high basketball IQ, hey that's on you pal.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It sure seemed like you implied that. If not my mistake “pal”.

At this point Green will likely score 20000 points in his career. No basketball IQ required!

5. Downtown Sniper

I'm no doubt disputing that estimate either.

And I am indeed expecting him to be lightyears better than he has been, now under a real coach.

But imagine how amazing he'd end up with a high basketball IQ. That high basketball IQ is what separates the good from the greats.

6. Yetti

Yetti Member

My rankings are............

GREEN,
    PORTER,
    SMITH,
    VAN FLEET,
    EASON,
    SENGUN
    THOMPSON,
    WHITMORE,
    BROOKS..............Y

AlperenSengun likes this.
  7. Saeculum

Saeculum Member

For funsies. (1) All role projections assume the player is on a legit contender. (2) I'm assuming that player have a good but not optimal situation from now until their prime. (3) I'm 100% overrating the rookies because I haven't seen them play. You should probably move Amen to 5 and Cam to 6 on the ceiling list :

Highest Floor:
    1. Sengun
    2. Jabari
    3. Tari
    4. Jalen
    5. Cam
    6. Amen

Highest Ceiling:
    1. Amen
    2. Jabari
    3. Cam
    4. Jalen
    5. Sengun
    6. Tari

Reasoning:
    Sengun: Easy. He could be a rotation player for a contender today, so his floor is already great. His ceiling is a better passing Sabonis (which is awesome). To go higher you kinda have to think his ceiling is Joker and that's not realistic. Unfortunately, will need the right pieces around him and the right coach to maximize his potential. That is what hurts his ceiling the most for me. I'll bump him up a spot or two on ceiling if you can guarantee me both of those. But he's the type of player who doesn't get there because it takes the right team and coach.

Jabari: Looks like he'll be an elite 3&D guy at worst. Not an elite athlete but a good one. Was the only guy last year who seems pissed about losing. Flashed some handles and finishing in summer league. If either of those get there, he's a stat geeks dream. If both do, watch out. It's the NBA and size+length+shooting+effort matters.

Jalen: He can be a microwave 6th man at worst. That said, I'm more concerned about his D than I am Sengun. He can look effortless at times on the floor. Can move up on both lists more than any other player but has the most to prove of the non-rookies.

Tari: The other easy one. Looks to be a solid top-7 guy. May or may not ever be a quality starter.

Cam: NBA body, A-level athlete with obvious scoring chops. Everything else is a big unknown. He barely beats out Jalen on ceiling because I think his path is easier and he might have a chip on his shoulder. Jalen almost certainly is higher by the All-Star break, which is why he's 5 on floor.

Amen: Again, me over rating a rookie on ceiling. Still, we've seen enough that I think we say say that he's a jump shot (and years of experience) away from dominating the league. Insane athlete who give a F and has elite court vision.

Y2JT, Arnel and Hemingway like this.
  8. Arnel

Arnel Member

Everyone had a right to their opinion. You don’t have to lose your sh*t every time someone doesn’t rank your boy at the top lol, it’s cringy.

As someone else stated, I believe it’s because of the perceived two-way potential for some of our youngsters. That’s certainly what does it for me also.

I love Alphis potential on offense but am worried about the other end of the court. I hope that most of the remaining guys can pick up his shortcomings on defense and we still eventually end up a well rounded team.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Very true. I love Sengun, but in my opinion we absolutely nailed the last 3 drafts. I believe long term that we drafted the best player in their respective years. We will start to see that this year. Sengun is a strong forth behind Green, Jabari, and Amen and since they are all going to be all-stars that is a compliment.

groovemachine and Arnel like this.
  10. VoR

VoR Member

Kind of dumb considering Thompson hasn't played in 1 NBA game.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you're talking about the original video, he clearly states it starting at the 2:02 mark.
    If you're talking about the rest of the people in here, who knows. lol.

groovemachine likes this.
  12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Don't tell to Elon Musk

Dobbizzle and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

It shows that either they are very limited basketball understanding or have their own hidden agenda. In any case you should keep them away.

Their new slogans (they had lob threat/unathleticism/... in the past) are:
    1. Alp is our biggest trade asset
    2.We can't pay to all of our young core, someones have to go (indicating Alp and Tari).

I guess Craig is a fool in this case because he watched all the games last year from the best seat and said that Alp was the best last year and Tari 3rd. Sengun and Tari are litmus test of basketball understanding. If anyone suspicious about their talent just move 8 miles away. If they come 50 ards nearby, move 1 more.

14. dmoneybangbang

They clearly hate happiness.... :rolleyes:

Ankara1923 likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

happiness or heppiness? :)

17. sefril

sefril Member

English is not my first language but i guess that’s meant to be read as “excellency”??

lol yeah that’s a creative name..

groovemachine likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

By their definition for the video that doesn’t matter. Frank is generally an excellent analyst.

19. VoR

VoR Member

Horseshit. It's fools gold. Harder on the other prospects for being on losing teams. Just giving favoritism to an unknown.

maypk likes this.
  20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That’s your opinion, but don’t just be negative.
    How do you rank the prospects on the team that we drafted?