1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ausar Vs. Amen Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by groovemachine, May 26, 2023.

?

Who will be the better pro?

1. Ausar

40 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Amen

142 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I've been saying for awhile that I think the top 1% outcome vision for Ausar to become a high-level star would have to look something like Jimmy Butler. Not sure if he has that much dog in him (very few players do), but just the idea of him being an incredibly smart, great-defensive off-ball player who gradually takes on more and more primary distributor duties over the course of his career.

Amen, being much more focused on primary ballhandler duties from day one, I think you would hope ends up something like halfway between Russell Westbrook and LeBron James. Again, we're talking top 1% outcomes here, I think it's highly unlikely he becomes that good, but there's path to envision it happening.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he is not becoming that star, then he is probably a better and more athletic Lonzo Ball *with less shooting.

Better than the Kieff and Marcus Morris twins.

OremLK likes this.
  4. Dredd

Dredd Member

Ausar is better than Cade.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Star or not. What you hope for is all the players are all stars but none make the all nba team because they cannabilize each others stats and then you can pay everyone. The only reason they are all stars is because the team keeps winning 70+ games year after year but everyone is 19 points per game or less.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Man, they've grown up sharing and making sure each other gets fairly treated off and on the ball (the weirdly equal OTE stats...).

Having them both and a good off the ball coach would be insane on a team with ball dominant stars that need proper molding and trust.

7. MystikArkitect

Ausar looks like he could absolutely be better Jimmy Butler or bouncier Kawhi. I think he has the highest upside on the Pistons right now.

The twins could both be Top 5 players in the league when they hit their prime. They are absurd. Absolutely absurd.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I predict everyone hits.

Green becomes more athletic Devin Booker with better handles

Sengun becomes Jokic

Jabari becomes a more athletic faster Lamarcus Aldridge.

Amen becomes the modern version of Penny but stays healthy unlike Penny.

Tari becomes Kawhi

Whitmore becomes a thicker Jaylen Brown.

KPJ becomes Kyrie Irving light (best 6th man ever)

70+ wins 3 years in a row.

And then I wake up.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I like how this thread has gone from basically the Twins will be busts and/or people doubting their talent to how great they are after one summer league game (in Amen's case, anyway). :D

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have gotten used to the whole rollercoaster ride type of scenario of fans.... if he is the archetype of player that is a fan favorite, the more the merrier.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

last piece of the puzzle is Tilman winning the lottery this new total just went over a billion. Then luxury tax will be ok for the the Landry guy.

Arnel, Ancient Moabite and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean it's literally impossible because all the comps I made have to have 34+ minutes per game to achieve the level of production of those guys.

So it's basically gonna be a internal battle amongst these guys to get 5 dudes who can play full 32-36 minutes a game for the rest of their prime careers. Those are the ones who have the only chance at reaching these comps.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

240 min divided by 7 is 34.2. .2 times 82 equals 16.4 which will be kpj minutes for the entire season. 34 min per game for the other 7 guys. Bring back JVG to allocate minutes to perfection.

It is doable if we start a petition and maybe a go fund me for marketing to garner support.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It doesn't really work that way because other teams can see a player perform well in a limited role and become extremely optimistic about how they'll do in an expanded role. Look at all the free agent contracts handed out this summer. FVV wasn't the man in Toronto, he had to split duties and still got $43M/yr in free agency. All of our free agent targets averaged 19ppg or less and we still had to throw the bag at them. All it takes is one team with money to get a player overpaid. I remember when Jerome James got the full MLE from NYK after a 5/3 season because he played well in the playoffs against Brad Miller on a broken leg.

It's better if all our prospects put up crazy stats because they're getting paid regardless. At least when they put up numbers they can build up their trade value. We can't afford to go cheap ever again. No team ever won a ring by tightening the purse strings.

16. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

He's also better than Jalen Green

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I went from thinking the Twins were busts to angry Stone didn't trade half the farm for the 5th pick so we could roll with them together lol.

BallSoHarden and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

With the success of the Twins do you think it legitimizes the OTE?

Personally I think the Twins were a one off and don't see any other OTE prospect reaching the same heights unless they also have freak potentials.

I mean let's be real if Amen and Ausar went to NCAA they'd prob be neck and neck with Wemby and Scoot.

OremLK and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Finally someone who is able to carry a conversation, have some wit, and display some intelligence. You see it with guys like AE who is always a fun interview, refreshing vs. seeing the mumblers just say "its lit". Hopefully we see this carry onto the court.

roslolian and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Their path was a little unusual in that they would have been older one-and-dones like Miller, and chose to stay in the program instead. Not sure if it hurt their draft stock or if they still would have been picked in the same spots. Can't complain too much about going in the top 5 though, right?

OTE has a number of legitimate prospects for the '24 and '25 draft classes. They also have a lot of four-and-five star college recruits who could work their way into being draft prospects. I think the competition level there was always well above high school level.

I also think we shouldn't underestimate the impact of OTE using NBA spacing. If you're starting at OTE when you're still in high school, you're getting a real head start on getting used to the NBA three point line and its massive impact on the way the game is played.