1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

My "reasoning" as you call it is that all of those lifestyle choices get thrown at you or used against you when you don't perform. If you're more reserved and aren't on Instragram Live every day throwing money around in Las Vegas then you get more of the benefit of the doubt. When you act like that before you've earned it then people don't take you seriously. People in business *hate* loud look at me types. They're volatile and often easily distracted. They also attract unwanted attention. If you think that the coaching staff doesn't care about this stuff and that it doesn't matter when handing out a large contract extension you are sorely sorely mistaken.

If I have two employees performing similarly and one of them keeps to himself, shows up on time in a decent enough car and the other is a showboater who's in a bright red BMW M2 and looks like he has a 20k following on TikTok....I'm going with the first guy. Though I highly doubt that they're performing similarly if this is the case.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn you a middle manager. This kinda explains everything.

I hate Scott adams but you heard of the Dilbert Principle?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green has the hardest working simps on the internet.

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

I don’t know whoever has talked about good person or hard worker.
    I’ve been talking about getting splattered on screens, not boxing out, not getting into his man, meandering on D…

We’ve seen the shirtless instagram videos from the gym, and I’m not questioning the kid is in the gym. But in games, I mean, how many times he wouldn’t even get back in defensive position? So yeah, to me that vibes with the lifestyle, yeah, the prada dresses and handbags etc. Two years in, still don’t know why that is controversial…

5. fchowd0311

Stop it. You've made specific character claims about the kid on the worst rated defense in the league with multiple players at the bottom. NBA defense is more about unit cohesion and chemistry. Communication is more important to team defense than one individual cog. Just look what happens to his defensive analytics this season if the team defense is competent.

That's irrelevant to calling him all sorts of boomer misogynistic terms because you don't like him painting his nails.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

so hold on. calling someone "a girl" = "bad person". Is that what you think? And who do you think is misogynistic?

My issue is for a supposedly franchise type player, MAX player, you can’t play like a little girl. I have never ever thought little girls to be bad people or lazy. What kind of twisted logic is that? That’s the stupidest thing.

7. fchowd0311

Calling him a girl is a negative trait for you. Hence why you said that. If it was a positive trait you wouldn't have said that. Are you saying calling him a girl was a compliment for you?

No it was an insult. I'm referring to YOUR intent.

8. fchowd0311

I don't like asking this because I think it's kinda corny but in this instance it makes sense due to the machismo act form you:

But is this something you would say within his precense? Would you call him a Nancy in his precense?

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's HARD out there for a simp...

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

If that's the test for posting/not posting opinions on star athletes on Internet forums, then they would all go broke, including Clutch.
    That's not how it works, you don't approach people to tell them your opinions about them, that would be pathological. You post opinions on the Internet, everyone knows that...

11. fchowd0311

I'm not calling any pro athletes nancies. That's a level of self awareness there that is baseline as I'm not a pro athlete.

FLAGRANT1 likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure some of his superfans scream about how much they love him in person hoping that they can be his new Josh Christopher.

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

well, good for you. Let me ask YOU a question then? Do you police slander against other athletes on this forum? I haven't noticed, but if you have, please point me to it. Because, god knows, there is TONS of slander against various players here...

14. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes! As a type of player, it is negative. I indicate that he is soft, indecisive, timid, like a little girl. But how do you get from that "lazy, bad person"?

15. fchowd0311

Yes you indicate these things because he doesn't follow your same hobbies and lifestyles. And yes the implication of soft and lazy means you think he isn't a hard worker.

You are straight out of the 1960s buddy.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. kpdark

kpdark Member

all-around player..........best option for him

love it

Ancient Moabite and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I expect him to improve his scoring efficiency a little bit and score the same or more points while playing less minutes (team is too deep for him to need to be out there 34mpg now). I won't be surprised if he's in the top 5 shooting guards for points per game on decent-to-good scoring efficiency.

The real question is, what will his defense and playmaking look like? Can he play good team basketball and find the open man? Can he at least avoid being a negative out there on defense? Those two questions will determine a lot in terms of his next contract and his future in the league.

BallSoHarden and Ancient Moabite like this.
  19. Ancient Moabite

Jordan and Bron nuthuggin simps disagree, sincerely

They make so called JG simps look like comparing a battleship to a row boat

But I guess if someone isn't simpin over you, then you ain't doing something right, or maybe they are simpin for all the wrong reasons, to each their own I guess

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan and Lebron are actually good at basketball, so less effort is required.