1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Josh Christopher is mistake

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 4, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i didn't. never saw much from either that told me they were legitimate pieces I'd invest in going forward. There were a number of guys who went after them that were my preference

2. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I think the Rockets and Josh will benefit from this parting of ways. I wish him the best. Once a Rocket, always a Rocket

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Well, folks are all over Stone because we don’t have Lopez. That’s fair criticism.

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Disappointed this wasn’t a. @Williamson thread - but KJ will thrive more in LA and likely will the others. It’s unfortunate Silas played nix all those minutes for no reason…

At least we have a coach now and stone won’t be meddling with rotations.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. dmenacela

dmenacela Member

Josh Christopher is terrible.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

a Rockets Legend™

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Fools gold. Looks great while scoring, but that whole ignoring-his-teammates thing is counter-productive in the bigger picture.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Trading Josh was the best thing for him and the Rockets.

He deserves a chance to play, and he wasn't going to get it here. He has NBA talent he needs time to play and with a team that believes in him.

Good luck Josh...

DD

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

One of the best threads I have ever seen, OP.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A lot of casualties due to SIlas' incompetence. A lot of the children didn't get a chance because he was too busy playing players who were never going to factor into the Rockets future ever. Dont be surprised if 1 or 2 of the guys the Rocket had to let go become pretty good.

But look on the Brightside: rockets have 7 young players who can also pop off.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  11. marinara

marinara Member

They traded Josh etc because of Lopez, Rockets didn't sign Lopez.

They dumped 3 first round picks from the past 2 years for cap space for someone they didn't even sign, its pretty simple why people are upset whether or not you think they are good players.

The picks could have been traded at the draft, in the end 3 first round picks were dumped for cap space which wasn't even used.

Little Bit likes this.
  12. marinara

marinara Member

dw Josh gonna be MIP this season.

Williamson likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why? Because of Jalens feelings?

14. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

The amount of hate that porter jr gets is unbelievable. Ya some terrible people hating on a young dude who was playing out of position not by choice. Imagine ya getting transferred to a different area at yas job not but choice but still trying your best and all you hear is hate from ur co workers.

marinara and roslolian like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

But they literally can't do anything about that lol how is that fair? It's not like Stone can put a gun on Lopez's head and tell him to sign the contract since he agreed to it already.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

For those Amen Thompson fans, if it wasn't for Nix abysmal time on the court you probably wouldn't have him.

For those who wanted Whitmore, well, you got him!

Now you have two of the Top 5 prospects of 2023 and removed 3 of the bottom 1st Round prospects in 2021 and 2022 plus the 52nd pick of the 2020 draft whose been itching to leave.

I'd say there is PLENTY of youth talent to develop and I think we kept the highest prospects of all.

#2 - Green - 3rd year (6-4)
    #3 - Smith Jr. - 2nd year (6-11)
    #4 - Thompson - Rookie (6-7)
    #16 - Sengun - 3rd year (6-11)
    #17 - Eason - 2nd year (6-8)
    #20 - Whitmore - Rookie (6-7)

That's a TON of youth.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah man haven't you seen the board CF doesn't want these guys they want JC, Garuba and Tyty :rolleyes:

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not their fault since Lopez reneged on the deal after he agreed. Not sure how you think Stone could have prevented a player from backing out after he verbally agreednalready. You want them to sue Lopez or what?

People are upset cuz they just wanna get angry and blame someone, even if the players that got dumped are total scrubs. I'm reading stuff here like the offseason is an F cuz we lost Tyty, Garuba and JC lol wtf JC got more news when he got dry humped by Green than anything he has done on the court but posters here really baby raging he is gone. If Tyty, Garuba and JC continue to not get any PT on the Hawks y'all are gonna hear from me.

19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

2 years was enough of a chance. Tari came on the scene and cemented his role immediately. If in 2 years you don't show enough to stop you from being straight up dumped, them it's see you later and on to the next one. I don't mind having multiple high end prospects but only 1 or 2 lottery ticket type prospects. His ceiling was never that high anyway. Was trading Mason Jones a mistake? Armoni Brooks? Khyri Thomas? These dudes are generic.

20. marinara

marinara Member

If you think he verbally agreed to Houston and didn't use the offer to get a better deal from the Bucks then I don't know what to tell you.

Also JC got traded to Memphis not ATL.