1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Josh Christopher is mistake

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 4, 2023.

1. marinara

marinara Member

Assement management tho.

We didn’t even give them enough minutes to see what they would be.

How about all those minutes Nix played instead of TyTy to be waived then we dump TyTy, Grauba AND future assets because we thought we were getting brook Lopez lol dhit like that is why stone will get fired
    What’s worse they did those trades for cap for brook Lopez

where’s Lopez now?

PDJACK7 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

First ppl claim Stone did a terrible job with drafting, roster moves etc..But when he ships guys off it's a "huge mistake". Wasn't the consensus that we had a terrible team & needed to fire Stone?

3. kjayp

kjayp Member

oh without a doubt...

coaching under silas was a total sh*tshow of stupidity... the entire silas tenure can be dubbed 'the redemption of kpj' - bc that was the primary focus....

but i'd say 90% of the time mid to late frps end up at a net worth of less than the predraft valuation of the pick.... like the loss in value of a car the minute u drive it off the lot... Honestly, what % of players could be traded for an equal or greater draft pick than what was used to select them after a year or two? I think there's a good chance Cam will be worth a 20th pick in 2 years - but thats an outlier tied to how far he fell...

Corrosion likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

The ATL trade and paying to unload TyTy and Garuba seemed like the much bigger mistake.

5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

you are a dumass

anthony59237 and roslolian like this.
  6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member

Amen has a different quality about him that very few players possess. There is a leadership humbleness about him that I think is going to have coaches and other players really gravitate toward him if he can fulfill his other skill levels on the court.

JC has about 80% the athelitic of Amen. JC has a better outside shot but that's it at the moment. However I agree Nix had no business on a NBA roster and I'd rather had seen if JC could grow.

#26 Madmanmetz, Jul 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  7. Ish

Ish Member

Wait we had Mj or Lebron on our team and we lost him?

8. maj21

maj21 Member

Josh Christopher ****ing sucks!!! Stop the nonsense!!

9. Holybats

Holybats Member

Drafting him was a mistake.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

JC stinks. No different than sorry ass Garuba. Both were wasted picks. Terrible ones in fact

the historic scrub obsession never fails. They needed to be dumped. Waste of roster space

11. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

You hit the nail on the head with KPJ - to reach his potential, he might have to accept a sixth man role. That or completely outplay Jalen Green as a scoring wing. Head Honcho my a$$

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

They were dumped to sign Brook Lopez who already verbally agreed to join the team.

Not sure why people are blaming Stone I'd dump all these guys for Lopez in a heartbeat. It's not their fault Lopez flaked out after agreeing I mean how you supposed to prevent that? Lock Lopez in a holding cell till he signs that contract?

I also see we have a new what Josh Christopher gonna be better than Amen? Bruh.

anthony59237 likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

They were worth a shot at the time. That's what low frps for either you get a role player with low ceiling or you take a chance at potential.

14. xaos

xaos Member

lmfao better than Amen...

IvanLCPM and roslolian like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Should be a fireable offense. It shows complete incompetence.

PDJACK7 likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Moving Christopher to get him a chance elsewhere was something I was expecting and made peace with.

Actually giving away assets in order to dump him, Garuba, and TyTy has me flabbergasted. It really still has my brain broken.

17. glynch

glynch Member

because as a teenager he threw some food?

marinara likes this.
  18. a time to chill

Why do y'all continue to blame Silas for this? It's time to put to blame where it truly lies...with Rafael Stone! If Stone and the front-office felt the same way you did about Josh Christopher he would still be here. It was because of Stone Nix's development was prioritized over Josh Christopher. And when Josh Christopher did receive playing time, he failed to impress. Christopher should've never been drafted anyway. We overlooked Quentin Grimes to draft Garuba and Christopher who are no longer with the team. Fertitta should've known how good Grimes was since he came from UH.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

he was 20, 4 months away from being 21 when he had his food locker room tantrum

HardenReturns likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Debatable. I saw flash of potential in both of them but instead of giving them a chance we spent watching nix, mathews and Gordon getting loads of mins to still end up losing.

I am not delusional to think garuba and jc were stars but it's quite fked up that those two and tyty were sold low due to poor asset management.

In the quest to rebuild doing stupid sht like this is just shooting ourselves in the foot. Have due diligence with all your picks is more ideal in my opinion.