1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

people dont understand the locker room when they say Harden is better fit because he can dribble and score better than some guys. his play of style and demeanor is nothing you want to see around young guys

kjayp and xaos like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Very few people expect us to get into the playoffs this coming season, even if we get Harden. The next season, hopefully a couple of the kids will have broken out, and we'll see. But then Harden will be one year older. Like my last reply to @clos4life, it all depends on how you see Harden's decline. If you do not think he has been declining in the past 3 seasons, I don't know what to say. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Using CP3 to compare doesn't really work. CP3 took care of his body while Harden doesn't look like he does. Even then, CP3 still declined sharply since a year ago and the Suns had to get rid of him. But the Suns had good reason to get CP3. They were a playoffs team even before they got Durant. Why would a rebuilding team want to give an aging player big long term contract when they are still at least a few years away from contending? The timing just doesn't make sense to any objective assessment.

beardsanity713, xaos and clos4life like this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dude, you are the literal definition of an emotionally deranged hater and you claim objectivity? The man who has literally posted thousands of times hating of Harden going back years upon years? You are the least objective person in this whole board, and there are loads of delusional posters on this board. I've never seen a man research another man's off-court activities like you have, literal obsession.

Harden is a clear HOF player who has never, I repeat, NEVER missed the playoffs. Has he choked in multiple playoff games? Absolutely, like other all time greats. He has also delivered some masterpieces. All I care about is on the court, and the man delivers on teams making it to the playoffs, which is the goal this season. I wouldn't expect him to win us a championship but he can certainly teach the youngsters how to not be the worst team in the league and make it to the playoffs.

I stand by my post, for the next 3 years, Harden would be a better choice for this team and would elevate team play better than FVV. You keep on obsessing about little baby, his love for strip clubs, and all the obsessive research you do into his off-court activities. From your post history, it seems to be the only thing giving you purpose in life.

4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

You are comparing FVV to Lin? One had significant minutes over a scrub. We took a chance on Harden for years and he never delivered.

Take is on you. And....numbers don't lie.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And you compared FVV, what’s your point? To me, the difference between Lin and FVV is about the same as FVV to Harden from a playmaking perspective. I find FVV incredibly overrated by some on this board. Also, what does previously taking a chance on Harden have anything to do with the now? We aren’t trying to win a ring, but rather get our young ones playoffs experience. I firmly believe FVV will not get us there.

You are right, numbers don’t lie but people delude themselves trying to understand numbers all the time. Only reason anyone can believe that FVV is remotely comparable to Harden.

6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

FVV has a ring w/ play off experience vs Harden who is non existent in playoffs. Nothing delusional about that, numbers don't lie.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's all fine and good, but being a better on-ball defender doesn't mean better player overall. And we have guys that under Ime could develop into elite on-ball defenders. So why saddle ourselves with a guy who is declining already vs a guy who is trending upward.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

FVV was a role player when they won a ring. You think he led that team? What has he done since? Jack ****. Replace FVV with Harden that year and same result for the Raptors, because Kwahi played out of his kind that series.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

When both are 3&D players it certainly does. Both suck at threes so that leaves D. Beyond that at least Brooks has the ability to lead a team’s D. KMJ will never be a player that can do that.

For the record though, I didn’t want Brooks. At the same time let’s not pretend KMJ was anyone that losing hurt. We had issues deciding as it is who plays between him, Tari, Tate, Cam, and even KPJ.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Translation: asking price wasn't there.

Chernobyl locker room and culture is fine.

clos4life, Asian Sensation and Easy like this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

Harden about to tear down another team. Trading for Harden will cost them Embiid, crazy...

clos4life and Asian Sensation like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It just shows you that there aren't many teams willing to give up their farm to get Harden.

Contending teams don't want to gut their team for someone who have been disappearing in critical playoffs games. The opting in makes it more enticing to rebuilding teams. But Morey wants to get back something he can win now. What rebuilding teams can give him is potentials for future. Even that is difficult. Who wants to give up promising young players for an aging guy looking for his last big bag?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can already see the fatman suit signal in the sky.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

This is good entertainment

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol dude stays unhappy. This time next year he will be asking out again from team x. Smh

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. His Harden hatred seems almost personal.

clos4life likes this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Morey trying to be a tough negotiator. Eventually James will embarrass the organization and they will be forced to move on. My guess is that the value is not there since other organizations know how James functions in these situations.

cheke64 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member